Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New FAC Layout Bugs & Glitches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about the new site version?
Definitely better than the old version
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Mixed feelings
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Definitely preferred the old version
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

tofuproductionz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I moved a picture from my gallery to my scraps, the number indicated on the tab remained the same as it was before I moved the picture. Just thought you guys would like to know. -shrug-

Wait, sorry guys, I'm stupid. Apparently, I can't count.
Shadow-Lugia-XD001
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am online and it says I am offline. That's my only problem. Other then that, it looks great! =)
tofuproductionz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When adding a new picture, there's no more preview button for the artist's description box. Sad
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Various_People"]Who's online is broken[/quote]
Working on it. May be fixed now (or at least less broken).

[quote="Various_People"]comment display bugs[/quote]
These should now all be fixed (and with better performance)

[quote="Various_People"]Submitting comments on iPod[/quote]
Are people still having this problem? I dont have an iPod and dont know anyone with an internet supporting iPod to test on (seems to work on iPhone).

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote="cstdenis"]3. This should have been suggested during the several months of beta testing. It's too late now to re-order something like this after launch.[/quote]
Seriously, you're kidding.[/quote]
About what? It has been available to site helpers throughout the development, plus has been up in basically it's current form since early Sept. Since it's been launched elseware for like a month and a half changing it now would just confuse people and I'm not maintaining 2 sets of code for something minor like this.

[quote]Come to think of it, I don't particularly like the visual styling on the comment-reply box. The white background is just too bright for the grey-themed everything else.[/quote]
I looked into changing this, unfortunately it's non-trivial to change due to the iFrame.

[quote][Edit] on the forums profile, the interests box will not register anything i put into it. it is always blank when i click save even when i type words into it. [/quote]
This is no different than before. Technicial limitations of the forums integration means there isn't much you can edit on the forum side of your profile.

[quote]A few of my pictures look really faded, like what they looked liked a year or two ago before I darken them in. [/quote]
Nothing was done to any pictures, but if you mean the resized versions and thumbnails this may be related to a software change related to sRGB vs adobe RGB.

[quote]I can't seem to Auto-resize large Images [/quote]
You are going to need to give more details than that

[quote]When it comes to typing in the Description, it's now mandatory to have all that Microsoft Word formatting? [/quote]
The new text editor has absolutely nothing to do with "Microsoft Word"

[quote]What's the point in having a Site Theme if there's only one choice to pick?[/quote]
I haven't made any others YET. (I'm only one person here...)

[quote]Paint chat does not work.[/quote]
On the todo list.

[quote]Well I fixed the faded picures by uploading them again, but there thumbs still look faded and the Auto-resize large Images is still not working[/quote]
It can take up to an hour for thumbnails/resized to regenerate after an update. Also, the old ones may be cached in your browser. If they still dont look right mark them as broken and they should regenerate.

[quote]I don't care much for the new logo... I prefer the old one. It looked more "professional". I kind of like the layout of the pages though.[/quote]
The logo is not new, it actually pre-dates the "zellers" theme you are probably used to.

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote="Dream_Fire"]also i noticed that when i edit my profile it automatically thinks that i want to change my password so i have to delete the character in the first box for it to allow me to save changes.[/quote]

Can you explain that one a bit more? I tried editing my profile page (no changes) and it went through successfully.[/quote]
It's browser auto-complete. I've made a change that should fix it (on the rc site for testing so far)

[quote]BTW, denis, I don't believe password changing is anywhere near secure enough as it looks now. I don't like seeing it on the same form as "Edit Profile" and it also needs a textbox to verify the old one (otherwise potentially anyone can change it). [/quote]
That is the cost of leaving it logged in where troublemakers have access to it. But, ya, I will look into a a old-password confirmation system.

[quote]For that matter, I would rather see user profile information on a separate form from their profile page info.[/quote]
That is a whole 'nother project (in addition to seperating it out in the database).

[quote]* As waluigiguy noted above, we need an "edit" button shown somewhere on a blog's individual page, just like we already have with pictures/story chapters (basically, it's a common design convention). We don't have one. [/quote]
Added to todo list

[quote]* Blog pages are missing a global page title. For example, view this page and all you see in your browser title is "View Blog - Fanart Central" when it should be "[blog title] - Blog by [user] - Fanart Central" instead.[/quote]
Fixed (on rc site)

[quote]When adding a new picture, there's no more preview button for the artist's description box. [/quote]
The formatting of the description has built in preview as you type it by nature of being a visual editor. And you can just edit the picture after the fact if necessary.
Guiselore
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm logged in it says I'm offline. Plus, I deleted my ages old profile & it took down my work but not my account or my old comments. I deleted an old account before on an old version of the site & never had that problem. Also, even after my pictures have been submitted & approved it still says that the work is pending.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having issues with changing my profile pic. Not sure if it's lagging or...

Also it's a jpeg image so there's no prob with the pic itself.

Woop nvm..seems I have to refresh inorder to see the new piccie. o3o
Odd...
_ren_tao_fan_
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:/ I don't like it. I don't like it at all. And it's not letting me change it back to the old version. Please just let me use what I'm familiar with.
TheGameArtCritic
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Can't Comment Reply with quote

Well, can't comment on certain pictures. Why is this, and when will this be fixed?
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"can't comment on certain pictures" isn't descriptive enough for me to actually do anything to help.

As for online -- I have figured out the cause of the problem. However a solution isn't quite so simple. My initial attempts at a solution are inexplicably not working (appears to be a bug in php).
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Think more glitches Reply with quote

sometimes when i click on one my pics says error occured then when i load again pic shows

Error Message was this;
[i]
"An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx. "[/i]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not happen.

From what I see in the logs, nothing like that should have been happening recently. It probably happened just after launch due to the performance issues overloading the server, but that has all been fixed by now.

Next time it happens note down the url and I'll take a look at the logs.

If you just got an error like that in the last hour or so, it was probably because I just pushed a new code version (with several bug fixes) and should no longer be an issue.
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Think more glitches Reply with quote

[quote="DragonOfDarkness18"]sometimes when i click on one my pics says error occured then when i load again pic shows

Error Message was this;
[i]
"An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx. "[/i][/quote]
TheGameArtCritic
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More specifically, on random pictures I can open the comment box but when I press "submit" the page does not reload and the comment Isn't posted.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok now the blogs are acting up. =/

Says this along with a whole bunch of other messages

Recoverable error
Object of class Users could not be converted to string

/usr/home/sites/shared/protected/controllers/UserBlogsController.php(65)
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TheGameArtCritic"]More specifically, on random pictures I can open the comment box but when I press "submit" the page does not reload and the comment Isn't posted.[/quote]

What web browser are you using? There have been reports of this kind of problem on iPods.

Blogs fixed.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot! -fist pump- x3 thankee!
TheGameArtCritic
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using google chrome.
TheGameArtCritic
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TheGameArtCritic"]I've been using google chrome.[/quote]

Aaaand it appears that my answer has been ignored.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patience young skywalker; what you seek, shall be found soon enough. nn

(Denis and Strata and Battou may be in charge...but they arent miracle workers.)
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not aware of any problems with comments in Google Chrome (I use it myself).

If you have problems with other things as well like editing your profile it could be a cookie issue, but people with that issue seem to get error messages, not nothing.

Do you have any browser extensions? One of them could be interfering. Try disabling them all and see if that fixes it. If so, turn them on one at a time and see which one breaks it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: