Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New FAC Layout Bugs & Glitches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about the new site version?
Definitely better than the old version
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Mixed feelings
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Definitely preferred the old version
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

Author Message
Dream_Fire
Newb


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 23
Location: not where i wish i could be

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am getting used to the new layout, and have seen far less glitches and bugs lately so good work to whoever works the coding for this site! but a suggestion, after this layout is ironed out to sometime in the future make the old layout available as an option like this layout used to be.
_________________
"An artist is not a title or a profession, its a state of being." ~DreamFire

[End Message]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
luckylace222
Site Helper


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 1545
Location: Baby Fishy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terribly sorry for the late reply. School.

Quote:
when I am logged in, I cannot comment or edit my own pictures because I get logged out. If i go to another page or someone elses picture, I get logged back in again.... weird. I can go any where on the site and make comments or whatever, but I cannot do the same on my own picture pages.

Tinkster, are you still having this problem?

1. What is that strange foreign-language message when you press "Image" on the text box?
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/2176/84819924.png

2.
Quote:
ICQ is/was a chat client which assigned user ID numbers rather than alphanumeric usernames. I used to have one back in the day (#19253172 or something in that such vicinity). ICQ was later purchased by AOL and has more or less fallen into obscurity now.

If ICQ is unpopular now, then why do we have the box in our Edit Profile page?

3. I have just realized that the comment preview works on other people's profiles, but not on one's own profile.

4.
Quote:
Nothing has changed with PM at all.

On the main page, usually there is a PM link on the top-right, but it is not there anymore. I have to go to the forums to access PM. Is this not something we cannot add anymore, too? ;__;

5.
Quote:
I don't particularly like the visual styling on the comment-reply box. The white background is just too bright for the gray-themed everything else.

Quote:
I wasen't too big a fan for the way we submit a comment. I reslly like the comment box at the bottom.

I actually really like it that the text box pops out from the rest of the color scheme. I would forget where it was if it did not pop out (especially now that it can pop up directly under a comment) from the rest of the website. I also honestly thought everyone would love that the textbox is finally positioned where it will stick to. ;__;

6.
Quote:
The formatting of the description has built in preview as you type it by nature of being a visual editor. And you can just edit the picture after the fact if necessary.

There are moments when what the visual editing looks like differs from what pops up on the profile. At that point, I have to come back and add in some HTML codes to make sure I know the words will do what I want them to do. Editing and figuring out I have to tweak it more is a little tedious as opposed to having a Preview button, as the old layout and new textbox has.

7.
Quote:
i cant seem to use my feature other peoples submissions on my page, just my own (was it always like that? cause i saw other artists featuring other people art before the change)

...Before the new site version, we were not able to feature other artists' pictures anyway. Do you mean putting links or small pictures of other FAC user's artwork on your profile description? - Or are you referring to Favorite Pictures?

8. At one point, I noticed that the Popular Pictures became one row instead of two (I may have been halluncinating), and it looks better than the gapping hole we have when we do not have enough popular works that meets our homepage requirenment. I understand that we want to give more pictures chances to be featured, but if they do not even make it and leave a gap, we might as well not have as many slots. Why not just limit Popular Works to 6 thumbnails?
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1561/18732247.png

9.
Quote:
on the forums profile, the interests box will not register anything i put into it. it is always blank when i click save even when i type words into it.

Quote:
This is no different than before. Technicial limitations of the forums integration means there isn't much you can edit on the forum side of your profile.

I am having the same problem. Putting anything into AIM Address, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, Website, and Location also does not save. However, putting something into Occupation does work. Should the new mainsite update really mess with the forum side so much?

10.
Quote:
on the main page the Who's online status is displaying a value of 0 (zero) in all categories (possible cause might be the fix used to correct the everyone ONLINE error, now everyone appears OFFLINE)

-Looks like that has now been fixed. Smile

11.
Quote:
I can't seem to Auto-resize large Images

There is an auto-resize feature?

12.
Quote:
When it comes to typing in the Description, it's now mandatory to have all that Microsoft Word formatting?

The advanced options to bold, italize, insert image/special symbol/etc. is avaliable for you to use, but it is not mandatory.

13.
Quote:
Paint chat does not work. it loads but to a plane grey page where nothing else happens. i can post the page source if ya want but ill take a wild guess that you can view it on your own ^.^ ^ i dont know what the coding is supposed to look like so i saw nothing odd. i just guess something may not be loading right

To add to that currently, when I go into PaintChat Simple, it takes a bit to load sometimes, but when I press the white drawing space, it says there is a connection error.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/49552855.png/

14.
Quote:
Well I fixed the faded picures by uploading them again, but there thumbs still look faded

If you are still having the fading problem, take a screenshot because I do not have that problem.

15.
Quote:
I don't care much for the new logo... I prefer the old one. It looked more "professional".

Quote:
The logo is not new, it actually pre-dates the "zellers" theme you are probably used to.

Whehter the logo is considered "new" or "old," that does not change the fact that this logo is outdated. Denis, how's about I start drawing more roughs for a new site logo? I can keep drawing until you say it is decent. Since this is a new site update, I think everyone wants something new for a logo, not something old.

16.
Quote:
Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

CreamandPoppufan166, are you still having this problem?

17.
Quote:
we need an "edit" button shown somewhere on a blog's individual page, just like we already have with pictures/story chapters (basically, it's a common design convention). We don't have one.

Ah, looks like you guys beat me to the punch about that issue. After realizing I could not edit the blog from the actual blog page, I can go back to my profile page, press "More" for more blogs that I do not have, and then edit my blog. I suppose we did not notice that the beta was missing that crucial edit button for the induviudal blog pages.

18.
Quote:
Does this this have the art limit?

Yes, FAC always has the art limit (that is one of FAC's trademarks; you cannot escape it Razz). However, the daily art submission limit is now 8 (I think) pictures, so it hardly feels like there is a limit nowadays, unless you regularly submit 8 pictures per day. The biggest thing is waiting for the pictures to be approved, but I am working on keeping the waiting period around 1-2 days (you guys used to wait weeks in the past). When you get enough pictures approved, you could get automatic approval status, and then you would not have to worry about getting your picture approved. It approves automatically. Thus, this new site update still has the privileges from the last site update. Things just look different.

19.
Quote:
the changing of font colors doesn't work, but I might try the old html coding in a sec.

Changing font colors works for me without messing with HTML codes. Try it again to see if you still have the problem.

20.
Quote:
I'm also having trouble seeing some avatars for certain artists? I'm not sure if that's because their avatar just isn't a very good one, or the site change messed with it?

I think it is on the users' side because if the avatar was corrupted or a weird format, it would not show of glitch even in the old site layout. Most of the avatars I see work though.

21.
Quote:
even after my pictures have been submitted & approved it still says that the work is pending.

You are saying that after the new site update, you would submit a picture, get it approved, but the actual picture thumbnail and everything is still recorded in the Pending folder as well? That is strange. If your pictures get sucessfully approved, maybe you could jsut delete the duplicate Pending version of them.

22.
Quote:
Plus, I deleted my ages old profile & it took down my work but not my account or my old comments.

Just to make sure, that means that you deleted this old account AFTER the new site update, and you realized it only deleted the works and not the actual account?

23.
Quote:
Woop nvm..seems I have to refresh inorder to see the new piccie. o3o
Odd...

Usually, giving the website/server time to fully register the new profile picture and display it is not that odd. I have to refresh often for some websites, not just FAC.

24.
Quote:
More specifically, on random pictures I can open the comment box but when I press "submit" the page does not reload and the comment Isn't posted.

I used Google Chrome on many different computers, and I commented many different FAC pictures, and I am not having that problem. Are you still having that problem?

25.
Quote:
after this layout is ironed out to sometime in the future make the old layout available as an option like this layout used to be.

I agree that there should be an option created to use the old layout. I did not anticipate that we would not have an option to go back (since the Beta had many Site Theme options). I know Denis is mainly working alone on this, so I will totally give him time if he chooses to create that extra option later.

27. For the Favorite Artists's Recent Pictures, can we have it so one artist's picture can be displayed at one time? -Because if one of my favorite artists submit 5 pictures, only their art pops up in my Fav Artists's Recent Pictures row.
_________________
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 16
Location: I have no idea what to tell you :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Still having problem, plz help! Q^Q Reply with quote

luckylace222 wrote:

16.
Quote:
Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

CreamandPoppufan166, are you still having this problem?


Yes I'm still having this problem, and nobody's fixed it yet.... It makes me rage alot, trust me... Someone needs to fix the problem soon! >[]<
_________________
Status: Not sure how I feel. ^^;
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
papiocutie
Very bored


Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 135

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Still having problem, plz help! Q^Q Reply with quote

CreamandPoppufan166 wrote:
luckylace222 wrote:

16.
Quote:
Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

CreamandPoppufan166, are you still having this problem?


Yes I'm still having this problem, and nobody's fixed it yet.... It makes me rage alot, trust me... Someone needs to fix the problem soon! >[]<

I agree, I am having the same prob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGameArtCritic
Newb


Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckylace222 wrote:

24.
Quote:
More specifically, on random pictures I can open the comment box but when I press "submit" the page does not reload and the comment Isn't posted.

I used Google Chrome on many different computers, and I commented many different FAC pictures, and I am not having that problem. Are you still having that problem?


For some pictures still, yes, but others have stopped giving me a hard time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 6829
Location: 20th Ward

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason the world filter is censoring out comments in my pics. But I didnt enable the world filter.

Like when someone said "Dat ass" it was changed to dat @$$
What the smurf yo? =/
_________________
Our life is made by the death of others...
~Leonardo Da Vinci
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 1545
Location: Baby Fishy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For some reason the world filter is censoring out comments in my pics. But I didnt enable the world filter.

Like when someone said "Dat ass" it was changed to dat @$$
What the smurf yo? =/

Make sure your filters are put up to the highest explicity. My personal profanity is not censored.
_________________
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cstdenis
Evil Overlord


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 6490
Location: In the tubes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckylace222:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

2. Historical reasons

3. Strange. When working on the new comment box I did find a glitch that could cause this, but should only happen for people with no pictures.

4. This was only on the Zellers layout. I'm not sure there is any point to having it there, but one day when we get proper PM support it can be put back.

6. I'm planning on replacing the editor, unfortunately the new one is turning out to be a buggy peice of crap too Sad

9. The new version doesn't change anything that should affect the forums. They have probably been broken always or for a long time and you just never noticed.

10. Not quite fixed, but less broken.

11. Yes. You can set it in your profile. It's nothing new. Because of the way it works with JavaScript it will not always work on your first page view (same as previous version)

13. Known problem. When I built the new server I didn't get Java installed. Should be fixed now.

15. I'm open to a new logo, but I'm not sure your typical style (like your drew the contest images) is really suitable for a logo, but looking at your gallery, I think you have the ability to make something suitable.

17. On the todo list. Should be in the next (minor) version.

21. This is a (browser) caching issue. Ctrl + refresh will fix it. Improved cache behavour in the next version (hopefully).

25. I did plan on making the other layout, but technicial issues made it necessary to release earlier than expected.

27. No. But changes are probably coming to that feature.


CreamandPoppufan166 wrote:
luckylace222 wrote:

16.
Quote:
Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

CreamandPoppufan166, are you still having this problem?


Yes I'm still having this problem, and nobody's fixed it yet.... It makes me rage alot, trust me... Someone needs to fix the problem soon! >[]<

New editor is coming, but it's not going so well unfortionately Sad

SweetxinsanityxSarah wrote:
For some reason the world filter is censoring out comments in my pics. But I didnt enable the world filter.

Like when someone said "Dat ass" it was changed to dat @$$
What the smurf yo? =/


Are you sure you are logged in when you are viewing the comment? Link please for testing.
_________________
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 6829
Location: 20th Ward

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes im logged in.

Here's one of the pics that's comments were censored. Cutefox300 is the comment along with mine. xP

http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures/user/SweetxinsanityxSarah/822089/Angels-Body-Devils-Soul

A few other comments on other pics were censored too but this is just one of the closest ones I could find.
_________________
Our life is made by the death of others...
~Leonardo Da Vinci
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
cstdenis
Evil Overlord


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 6490
Location: In the tubes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's caused by the way comments are cached (they are cached after the filtering is done).

I have made a change that should fix it, but it's not live yet. I'll be released with several other bug fixes soon.
_________________
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
luckylace222
Site Helper


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 1545
Location: Baby Fishy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Strange. When working on the new comment box I did find a glitch that could cause this, but should only happen for people with no pictures.

Can someone looking at this comment test a comment preview on your own profile to see if it pops up, and tell me if I worked? It could just be me (however, I tried the Preview button on my profile on multiple computers, and it did not work).

Quote:
I'm planning on replacing the editor, unfortunately the new one is turning out to be a buggy peice of crap too

The old text box was actually not that bad; it was just outdated the the coding.

Quote:
I'm open to a new logo, but I'm not sure your typical style (like your drew the contest images) is really suitable for a logo, but looking at your gallery, I think you have the ability to make something suitable.

Now that I have your okay, I will do my best. Just to make sure, you want a logo that is 1. Simple/not too detailed because it will be resized 2. A dark-blue cat theme 3. Optional art atmosphere around it or is the art theme madatory (ex: paint everywhere)?
_________________
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 6829
Location: 20th Ward

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kks, and I wish you the best Lucky, I'm rootin for ya. You and Gety do the best Pherals evah! xP
_________________
Our life is made by the death of others...
~Leonardo Da Vinci
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
cstdenis
Evil Overlord


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 6490
Location: In the tubes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistic theme is encouraged, but not required.

Here is the original source picture for reference: http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures/user/Raymei/69193/Pheral-FAC-Cat-Original-Design


While I'm thinking of it, when you make the final version for production use, please include one with and one without the site name as part of the image (where you place it, I'll leave up to you). And the image height should be no taller than 140px to fit the space (width is more flexible). Of course your working files can be whatever dimensions you want.
_________________
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb


Joined: 07 Mar 2009
Posts: 16
Location: I have no idea what to tell you :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cstdenis wrote:

CreamandPoppufan166 wrote:
luckylace222 wrote:

16.
Quote:
Tried to post comments, NONE of them appear... I know things might be kinda glitchy due to the huge update, but still... Is it because I use an iPod (mobile device)? Because I see some other users can still comment...

CreamandPoppufan166, are you still having this problem?


Yes I'm still having this problem, and nobody's fixed it yet.... It makes me rage alot, trust me... Someone needs to fix the problem soon! >[]<

New editor is coming, but it's not going so well unfortionately Sad


Awwww D:
Oh well, waiting's better than nothing, right? Confused
_________________
Status: Not sure how I feel. ^^;
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 1560
Location: Home

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CException

Property "Editor.settings" is not defined.

[admin edit: removed for space]

bug or error on all new pics or all?
_________________
The Eclectic Collector
random note to anyone i saw a Ups truck being towed by a tow truck lol
if a computer and keyboard had a punctuation semi-colon cleaning would it be a semi-colonoscopy


LOL dancing TMNT's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 670

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: CExpection? Reply with quote

Kept getting the CEXpection error like Falconlobo didnt think id get in long enough to mention it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cstdenis
Evil Overlord


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 6490
Location: In the tubes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update briefly broke viewing pictures for some users.


Changes:
-----------
* RSS feeds should now show Artist/author name
* PDF support re-enabled (still has some performance issues, but should be more under control due to caching).
* users should no longer see cached versions of their own picture pages (fixing the confusion of not seeing views counter increase, etc).
* Fixed missing fave's pictures/stories for some users
* Stories tab will now be active by default in cases where pictures tab would be empty/missing.
* Fixed bug with word filters in comments not properly respecting preferences (may not fully take effect until I clear the comments cache)
* Blog posts now have an edit link directly on them (instead of only on the list of posts)
* Stories now show who faved them like pictures do
* Search queries will persist across picture/story tabs

More changes are coming, but I wanted to get these little fixes pushed out first.
_________________
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cstdenis
Evil Overlord


Joined: 31 Dec 1969
Posts: 6490
Location: In the tubes.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New editor version up on the test site. Should help with some of problems. Also, now has a spell checker.

Doesn't work on my old android 2.x phone, but should (in theory) work on Android 3.x+ and iOS safari 5+ (iPod Touch (3rd generation); iPad; iPhone 3GS and later)

Please help test and provide feedback: http://rc.fanart-central.net/
_________________
You will obey or molten silver will be poured into your ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
luckylace222
Site Helper


Joined: 05 May 2007
Posts: 1545
Location: Baby Fishy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That newer version is fine for me, especially the spellcheck!
_________________
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt


Last edited by luckylace222 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FudgemintGuardian
Newb


Joined: 30 Aug 2008
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: What's going on? Reply with quote

I don't have time to read many comments so sorry if this was asked already.
Um... Okay when posting pics what happened to the pic cropper and preview thing(I can't remember if there was a preview thing) It's bugging me because some of my pictures have stuff on the bottom that I can't cut off myself so I use the site. Plus It lets me know what the actual size of what my picture is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum