Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
New FAC Layout Bugs & Glitches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think about the new site version?
Definitely better than the old version
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Mixed feelings
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Definitely preferred the old version
53%
 53%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 30

cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pic cropper never worked very well (was pretty buggy), was rarely used, and did not fit into the new submission layout so it was removed.

Any basic graphics software can crop, and there is lots of free graphics software out there. Whatever you are using to scan should do the cropping.

Also, there are lots of online image croppers that can be found with a simple Google search: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=crop+picture

As for the image size, you can see that in the file properties in Windows (at least in 7, and I think as old as XP in the details tab). I suspect OSX can do similar, I'm pretty sure the info was there way back in mac OS 7.
FudgemintGuardian
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Okay Reply with quote

I see. I've never had any trouble with it.
I've been fiddling with my scanner and I found something that lets me change the size, so I'll try to use that from now on.
It's kinda funny though, I used your cropper so much I never thought about using my own scanner.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]It's kinda funny though, I used your cropper so much I never thought about using my own scanner.[/quote]
LOL, the funny thing is that I have been on FAC longer than you have, and I still never understood how to use FAC's cropper. I should have asked people on the main site or forums. Now, it is irrelevant to know. ;__;
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cstdenis"]New editor version up on the test site. Should help with some of problems. Also, now has a spell checker.

Doesn't work on my old android 2.x phone, but should (in theory) work on Android 3.x+ and iOS safari 5+ (iPod Touch (3rd generation); iPad; iPhone 3GS and later)

Please help test and provide feedback: http://rc.fanart-central.net/[/quote]

Is this site a different FAC site? I opened a new page and it said I was logged out (but I'm still logged in on FAC) ._.;

...and the stupid comment thing doesn't work for me still on FAC. Should I try the link?
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a subdomain, so your login session won't (necessarily) be shared between rc and www.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
CreamandPoppufan166
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Stratadrake

Okay then! Thanks for letting me know!
Tinkster
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glitch!

the font size change does'nt always work. When I try to make a word, say size 200, it won't work, and it refreshes the page and whatever I have written in profile has been erased and replaced with what I had before I updated.

It also says, internet explorer has stopped working when that happens too.
Music is the doorway to someones soul"
-ShadeArt
thingy
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: thingy update Reply with quote

why it look so big buttons thingy word

i cant really see the add comment thingy and had to update flash for it >.< but good work on it kinda cooly kids well love it
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tinkster"]...say size 200...[/quote]
That's not a bug, it's a feature Wink

[quote]...it refreshes the page and whatever I have written in profile has been erased and replaced with what I had before I updated.[/quote]
That, on the other hand, would be a bug.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: thingy update Reply with quote

[quote="thingy"]why it look so big buttons thingy word [/quote]
You are not making any sense.

[quote="thingy"]i cant really see the add comment thingy and had to update flash for it >.< but good work on it kinda cooly kids well love it[/quote]
Your statement (I can't call it a sentence since you didn't use a capital or a period) is contradicting itself. Also the editor doesn't use flash.

[quote]It also says, internet explorer has stopped working when that happens too.[/quote]
I wasn't able to replicate the error message or page refresh in the latest version of IE.
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Cant comment D: Reply with quote

Not sure what going on trying to comment but when click comment on peoples profiles and stuff textbox wont come up
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same commenting must be down for pros not sure about pictures just checked commenting on pictures is down too

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/esmtie14/2hpoaao.gif[/img]
LOL dancing TMNT's
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the editor earlier to the one that has been on rc. for about a week now (which is just an updated version of the one previously used)

I'm not seeing any problems with it myself tho, seems to work fine on both profiles and pictures.

Maybe it's a caching issue. Is it still broke if you do a ctrl+refresh the page?
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh that works f5

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/esmtie14/2hpoaao.gif[/img]
LOL dancing TMNT's
DragonOfDarkness18
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that seems to be working to do that, I;m clueless with these things o,o
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey for some reason i can reply or type messages on my profile. when i click reply or add message the message box doesn't appear. it worked fine yesterday but today when i logged on at 1215hours eastern time...it wont work.

[i]Edit[/i] using CTR+refresh doesn't work for me. any other suggestions?

[i]Edit[/i] problem solved, used standard refresh. now it works

[End Message]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we do have a new textbox, it still does not have a spell checker.

[quote]why it look so big buttons thingy word

i cant really see the add comment thingy and had to update flash for it >.< but good work on it kinda cooly kids well love it[/quote]
I think what he is saying is "The text box buttons look so big. The "Add Comment" button is hard to see on people's profiles. I also had to update Flash to make it work. Other than that, good work on the texbox/website. The kids will love this new look. "

I think the text box is better when the buttons are big and noticeable. I have trouble seeing the "Add Comment" button myself. When the new version happened, I was honestly about to make "There is no textbox interface???" a bug. I would opt to make the button bigger, but once one gets used to the site, it becomes easier to see it anyways. I just feel bad for the new users who have to search for it like I did.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey a friend of mine, MouseStar99 told me she is having trouble uploading her submissions. here is what she said after i asked her what exactly is wrong.

"[i]Well, After I fill in all the information for the drawing, I click the button to submit it. Then the page reloads and nothing changed except for the drawing being selected from my computer. I have been trying with a few of my pictures, but none have shown up and it's been a few weeks, I didn't get any emails or anything from them..So I don't know. [/i]"

i have messaged her to look in her pending tab but she is offline right now and dont know her answer. has anyone else had this problem as of late?

[End Message]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, pressing "Add Comment" does not pop up with a text box anymore...there is just some gray space that pops up. EDIT: It is fixed.

I have not submitted something in forever. For anyone who is reading this and has submitted pictures recently, have you guys been having the problem that MouseStar99 described?

Last edited by luckylace222 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
papiocutie
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhhh, I have a prob, When I try to upload a pic, The Description box doesn't show up so I can't type anything in. Is there anyone else having this prob?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: