Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Delete account

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlahxChan
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Delete account Reply with quote

I sent an account closure request on April 20th. Over half a year later, it's still here. I then clicked the "Delete My Account" link a few weeks ago, but again, it's still here. Is there just zero moderation going on where this is concerned? Am I ever going to get this account deleted?
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard, the account deletion tool was more or less automatic and did not require moderator oversight.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
BlahxChan
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take that. Someone needs to check it though, since it doesn't seem to work.

Does the [url=http://forums.fanart-central.net/viewtopic.php?t=37842]send an email request[/url] thing hold true anymore? I understand patience, but an eight month wait is making me think that it's just not going to happen.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot find the Delete button for the new site version anymore...

Strata is saying that there is not a away for artists to delete their accounts on their now, so the "send email request" does not hold true anymore.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
BlahxChan
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The delete button is under 'My Settings' on your profile page.

[quote="luckylace222"]Strata is saying that there is not a away for artists to delete their accounts on their now[/quote]

--does this mean that delete button doesn't even matter too? Is there a reason why this can no longer happen?
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I really need to stop typing so fast. I meant to type that there IS a way for artists to delete their accounts on their own. The email request does not hold true because you used to be dependent on administrators to delete your account. Now, you can do it yourself.

Since you found the "Delete My Account" button under "My Settings," on your profile (thanks for that!), that is indication that you can do it yourself. Just log into that old account (if he has not been deleted already), and manually delete it with the "Delete My Account" button.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
BlahxChan
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see about the email request then. I did mention clicking that "Delete My Account" link in the first post though--it hasn't worked. I was merely logged out with no further explanation, but was able to log back in after seeing that my account still existed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: