Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
This place is a ghost town!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EN1Xv2
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: This place is a ghost town! Reply with quote

Awe, man, I miss the good ol' days of FAC. I used to spend friggin HOURS approving pics as a site helper haha. Sad to day, I haven't changed in the least regarding how much time I spend online.... Neutral

I forget my other login and I think it's deleted anyway, so I'm back as EN1Xv2 Razz
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya!
We do run a bit slow around here, but we're not a ghost town. This place is still inhabited by the living and drawing. And who knows, its population and activity may increase if the good folks in the land of Nod decide to wake up for awhile. Wink
Nice to see a new-old face. I'm since your time, I believe.
Do you have a favorite art medium? What are your fandoms?
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the activity slipped quite a bit while I was away, but I refuse to give up on it! To have active members, we need to be active members, so I've just been trying to get up here every day, comment on at least a few things, and encourage my friends from this site to do the same. This doesn't have to be FAC's last hurrah! All it takes is a handful of dedicated people to revive it.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonus feature: comments make people happy.
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enix <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EN1Xv2
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ThaKakarot"]Enix <3[/quote]

Oh. My. Gahhhh! THOMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS! Very Happy <3
EN1Xv2
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Firiel"]Hiya!
We do run a bit slow around here, but we're not a ghost town. This place is still inhabited by the living and drawing. And who knows, its population and activity may increase if the good folks in the land of Nod decide to wake up for awhile. Wink
Nice to see a new-old face. I'm since your time, I believe.
Do you have a favorite art medium? What are your fandoms?[/quote]

Hello. :3

This place sure is a ghost town compared to what it was like in 2005! Siiigh. The good ol days where I was so young and naive... lawl.

I'm not the greatest of an artist although I want to pick it up again. I like to work with chalk and watercolour. I do like photoshop but I haven't used it in ages to draw something, I use it for graphic design mostly.

I used to be into a lot of anime and manga. Then I grew out of it, but not as much as I thought. My most recent favourite is "Legend of Legendary Heroes" and it pains me so much it's not more popular. Also like FMA Brotherhood. Old favourites include Tsubasa, Death Note, and a whole bunch I can't remember the names of at the moment.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't be the first to bemoan its decline. I'm just sayin', we do have some life in here. I've seen online communities die outright before, and this one hasn't joined the club.

Chalk and watercolor? It sounds like you've chosen some challenging media to specialize in. Kudos. ^_^

Was The Legend of Legendary Heroes named by the Department of Redundancy Department?
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DO NOT KNOW YOU

WHO ARE YOU

ARE YOU IMPORTANT?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
EN1Xv2
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Was The Legend of Legendary Heroes named by the Department of Redundancy Department?[/quote]

Hah! Yeah, the title made me cringe and was quick to judge the show based on the title alone. Then for whatever reason I decided to watch it and it ended up to be really good.
I one wrote an essay in my grade 9 literature class about Romeo and Juliet. I thought I was being clever by stating "It was a tragic tragedy..." but my instructor didn't see the humour and docked me marks.

[quote]WHO ARE YOU

ARE YOU IMPORTANT?[/quote]

I am known in FAC land as Enix. And yes. I am important. I used to be one of the best site helpers here, RIGHT DENIS?! Or anyone else wanna vouch for me, here? Thomas? Where'd you go? Whatever. I am important. That's all that matters.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed books named by The Department of Redundancy Department before--that can be shorthand for the author knowing how to be tongue-in-cheek--but it does give me pause. Thanks for the recommendation, I may give it a whirl eventually...
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im...important....or was it imported?...meh Cool
EN1Xv2
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Firiel"]I've enjoyed books named by The Department of Redundancy Department before--that can be shorthand for the author knowing how to be tongue-in-cheek--but it does give me pause. Thanks for the recommendation, I may give it a whirl eventually...[/quote]

Meh, not for everyone. I've read some comments from people that hated it. But to me it had a nice mix of magic, betrayal, war, death, dark kind of things, and some humour along with it. I liked the concept of the story.

WHERE'D MY THOMAS GO?!?! GET BACK HERE~!
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha Enix, You're still cute as buttons :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="EN1Xv2"]Meh, not for everyone. I've read some comments from people that hated it. But to me it had a nice mix of magic, betrayal, war, death, dark kind of things, and some humour along with it. I liked the concept of the story.[/quote]

Still, I shouldn't diss it if I haven't tried it. Wink
EN1Xv2
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Firiel"][quote="EN1Xv2"]Meh, not for everyone. I've read some comments from people that hated it. But to me it had a nice mix of magic, betrayal, war, death, dark kind of things, and some humour along with it. I liked the concept of the story.[/quote]

Still, I shouldn't diss it if I haven't tried it. Wink[/quote]

OMG a level headed person on the internet who doesn't immediately criticize things?! Surprised They do exist! Razz

[quote="TheKakarot"]haha Enix, You're still cute as buttons :3[/quote]

Teehee. Oh sank you. *blushblushblush* How've you been? It's been foreeeeeeeeever! *super hugs*
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="EN1Xv2"]OMG a level headed person on the internet who doesn't immediately criticize things?! Surprised They do exist! Razz[/quote]

I try, anyway.
ZeroHour2
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an account to look at some of my old posts in the random forum and holy shit was I an asshole.

I forgot I once had it in me to call potentially disabled people retards. And I don't recall actually trying to pick on them like Brian did, but I made some pretty callous remarks that are embarrassing to me now. I found two examples and wow. The meanness.

Not cool. Also, I'm barely intelligible even to myself in some of those old posts.

Reconsidering even posting this. kbye.

Carter was an artist.
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least you learn from your mistakes, right? You can be like, "I was an asshole back then, but now I can be nicer."
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ZeroHour2"]I made an account to look at some of my old posts in the random forum and holy @^*% was I an asshole.

I forgot I once had it in me to call potentially disabled people retards. And I don't recall actually trying to pick on them like Brian did, but I made some pretty callous remarks that are embarrassing to me now. I found two examples and wow. The meanness.

Not cool. Also, I'm barely intelligible even to myself in some of those old posts.

Reconsidering even posting this. kbye.

Carter was an artist.[/quote]
Wait a minute...are you Leo?!

If you are, yes, you were a jerk. HAHAH
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: