Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Official 2013 St. Patty's Day Contest Notice
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarnivalofNightmares
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow the Rainbow!

As in, you could be hiking trying to find the end, or even riding it!
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! The St. Patricks Day contest theme poll has already been created! When we start up another contest notice for the next contest, we will gladly accept your theme suggestion!

Quote:
that is weird...some how luckylace replied and it said I posted it.....

Oh, crud. I think because I have administrative abilities, I accidentally edited your comment into mine when I meant to just "quote" it. No wonder I had to repeat that message twice.

I turned your message back to the original one. However, it stands that I have reminded people I have the ability to make their posts ten times more stupid-sounding and strange when need be.
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckylace222 wrote:
Sorry! The St. Patricks Day contest theme poll has already been created! When we start up another contest notice for the next contest, we will gladly accept your theme suggestion!

Quote:
that is weird...some how luckylace replied and it said I posted it.....

Oh, crud. I think because I have administrative abilities, I accidentally edited your comment into mine when I meant to just "quote" it. No wonder I had to repeat that message twice.

I turned your message back to the original one. However, it stands that I have reminded people I have the ability to make their posts ten times more stupid-sounding and strange when need be.

remind me to NEVER get on your bad side O mighty and powerful dark admin of FAC! Smile

[End Message]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
remind me to NEVER get on your bad side O mighty and powerful dark admin of FAC!

I all of a sudden need to really draw a picture representing that.

Also, shadowfalcon, post a picture of what the poll results looked like so we can see how the votes went!
“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt
Makoto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know that you can't upload photos to the site from a mobile device? I didn't until I decided to draw something for this contest. I drew it on my iPhone and, after trying to upload it and failing, attempted to use my iPad to submit the picture. No such luck. I put it on my Facebook 'cause I couldn't think of any other place I could put it and obtain a link.

Strike that, my co-worker let me borrow her laptop.
http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures/user/Makoto/831283/Saint-Pattys-Day-contest-entry

Out of curiosity, what time is this contest/the site run on? It's 22:11 my time, but my entry says it was submitted 05:10 tomorrow.

~Mako
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the judges have any idea how long judging is likely to take?
ShadowFalcon
Contest Helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize it took me so long to post this and get it up. A good friend of mine was recently murdered, so the past few weeks I've been working that out.
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what time is this contest/the site run on? It's 22:11 my time, but my entry says it was submitted 05:10 tomorrow.

We are utilizing the Eastern Time Zone!

Quote:
Do the judges have any idea how long judging is likely to take?

It depends on who creates the contest picture. If shadowfalcon created the picture, then he facilitates the contest, so the contest is judged however long it takes him to fully judge and align all of the details. Since this is his first time facilitating a contest, a specific judging period is unclear. Since I have more contest experience, however, it takes about 1 week to judge and get contest results out. It takes another week to send the contest winner the winning contest badge by PM.

Quote:
A good friend of mine was recently murdered, so the past few weeks I've been working that out.

GAHHHHHHHH THE ANGST
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, gosh. >.< Sorry to hear about that.
Thanks for taking care of the contest anyway.
Dream_Fire
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckylace222 wrote:
Quote:
remind me to NEVER get on your bad side O mighty and powerful dark admin of FAC!

I all of a sudden need to really draw a picture representing that.

or dear God what have i done....

[End Message]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Contests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: