Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Rorean needs approval for images!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rorean
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Rorean needs approval for images! Reply with quote

Hey, I've had them in que for about three days, not trying to be pushy just wanted to maybe get an ETA?
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been look at. Make sure to make your artwork 1000 pixels or less so users do not have to scroll around to see the whole picture!

Nowadays, the usual approval times are [b]3 -5 days[/b], but we are gradually improving the approval speed.

I should really put the Estimated Time of Arrival on my profile.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]They have been look at. Make sure to make your artwork 1000 pixels or less so users do not have to scroll around to see the whole picture![/quote]
Please tell me denis did not remove the auto-resizing when you view a picture page ... there's no real "limit" so much as a history of users uploading too-high-resolution images.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
K_Pepper
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still wish people would be a little more conscious of their image sizes. They get to a point that they're just... not nice to look at, when they're huge like that. Especially pencil sketches when the lines end up looking super thick and grainy because the image is posted at scan size instead of the actual size of the original drawing.
Rorean
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sigh... noted. Turn over time plus rejection, makes a happy Rorean. Thanks for the info.
setzaroth
Cold Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember a 1000 pixel limit...but I haven't drawn anything in almost a year...so...
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="K_Pepper"]...because the image is posted at scan size instead of the actual size of the original drawing.[/quote]
"Actual size" does not exist per se; Web browsers display images at pixel-per-pixel size (or a % thereof) so the image's real-life resolution is ignored. But you're correct that we've seen a lot of people literally just scan and upload without any thought over what they're doing ... you should NEVER upload an image at the raw scan resolution. (I'm pretty sure the record was on the order of a 24MP image, really 6,000 x 4,000 or something.)
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]sigh... noted. Turn over time plus rejection, makes a happy Rorean. Thanks for the info.[/quote]
Sorry about that, homedawgh. As long as you resize your pictures and resubmit, there should be no problem approving it. Once you have a certain number of good pictures approved, you get instant-approval on your account. The approval panel is to teach people to not upload too large/small images, too violent/sexual content, etc.

Your only problems were resizing!

[quote]Please tell me denis did not remove the auto-resizing when you view a picture page ... there's no real "limit" so much as a history of users uploading too-high-resolution images.[/quote]
Nope, the auto-resize for viewing pictures on the main page is still there.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: