Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Can't comment on my pictures, keep getting logged out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FudgemintGuardian
Newb

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Can't comment on my pictures, keep getting logged out. Reply with quote

when No_Name and myself go to one of my pictures we get logged out.
Last time I logged in, I did it when on one of my pics, and it worked fine after that, but now I keep getting logged out when looking at any of my pics.

EDIT: After logging in a few times it started working again.
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same with me but not just my pics any ones that show up in spam the most recent ones i think

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/esmtie14/2hpoaao.gif[/img]
LOL dancing TMNT's
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did this start happening? Recently? Or throughout the days after the new site update?
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
hot_sonic
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@luckylace222 I've been experiencing the same problem. Any advice? :3
a-t-zah
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing's happening to me with one of my pictures. I noticed I'm only signed out while I'm on that one page, and when I go back to the homepage or any other page, it says I'm logged in again. :c

edit;
Ok nevermind, apparently holding down the refresh button fixes it. LOLOL (aaand I just noticed the problem was solved below this. /headdesk)
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is still not a solved problem. Thanks for the updates, guys.

I have experimented around.

If I visit a picture while logged out, and then I log in, it refreshes me to the homepage, where I am now "logged in." However, when I go to the first picture I visited, it still considers me "logged out." I try refreshing it, but it did not work for me. I would just wait a day to comment on the picture instead. Still, I consider it an annoying problem.

I would hope Stratadrake or Denis notice this problem.
[size=10]“Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.” ~Theodore Roosevelt [/size]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]If I visit a picture while logged out, and then I log in, it refreshes me to the homepage, where I am now "logged in." However, when I go to the first picture I visited, it still considers me "logged out."[/quote]

That makes it sound very much like a caching bug. Pages are cached at multiple levels, so if refreshing your browser doesn't help we can rule out clientside caches, which leaves mostly server caching (which we have control over) as the suspect.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Falconlobo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i keep clearing my cookies so that rules it out on my end too

refreshing does not work for me f5 reload and yeh the logging out then clicking on a picture saying you're logged in but it still says you can't comment since you're not really logged in is annoying too

http://ipv6-test.com/button-ipv6-80x15.png do either of these have anything to do with the bug?

[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj257/esmtie14/2hpoaao.gif[/img]
LOL dancing TMNT's
riham
My First Post!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ADD COMMENT button doen't even wok for me. A window pops up saying, "Wait until the page fully loads, or the comment editor won't work properly." (I was paraphrasing, but you get the gist). But the page IS fully loaded. It says DONE on the status bar. I don't know what else to do! I think it's a bug and the FAC staff needs to fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: