Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Old FAQ
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Old FAQ Reply with quote

Before creating a new topic, please check to see if your answer is here.

<span>Registration FAQ</span>[list][*][b]How do I register on FAC?[/b]
From the FAC main page, Click on the Register button beneath the Fanart Central banner, and fill out the form. Button is not visible if you are logged in, but only one account per person so that shouldn't matter. All registrations must be processed from the FAC main page; [b]DO NOT[/b] use the "Register" link on the forums.
</li>[*][b]Is registration free?[/b]
Yes, it is free.
</li>[*]Can I change my username after I've registered?
</li>[*]I never got the validation e-mail to complete registration with. Help!
</li>[*][b]I want to keep my stories separate from my pictures. Can I register a second account for that?[/b]
<span>[b]No[/b]</span>, there is no need to split your gallery across multiple accounts, and furthermore, posessing and/or using multiple accounts [i]can also be grounds for banning.[/i]
</li>[*][b]Can I delete my registration?[/b]
Yes. If for some reason you want your account removed, email cstdenis@ctgameinfo.com with your username and password, and he will remove it.</li>[/list:u]- - - - -

<span>General Site FAQ</span>- - - - -[list][*]Why didn't the main site Login work? I didn't receive any error messages.
</li>[*]Where is my FAC gallery page?
</li>[*]Who chooses the 'Pictures of the Hour'?
</li>[*]Why are some usernames in the Online List a different color than others?
</li>[*][b]Can I be notified when someone comments on one of my pictures?[/b]
Yes, click on edit profile and check the box at the bottom to be notified through email when a comment is given. Obviously this will not work if you dont have a valid email, make sure its valid. And those using AOL make sure you are set to accept mail from fanart@ctgameinfo.com.
</li>[*][b]Why do I never get any comments?![/b]
Interact with others. Comment on pictures, post on the forums, and generally just get to know people. Most people are happy to look at your work if you take the time to talk to them. Instead of waiting for them to come to you, go to them.
</li>[*][b]Someone submitted a stolen a picture. What can I do?[/b]
Notify the Fanart Central Abuse Team at abuse@ctgameinfo.com with the following information:
~ a LINK to the stolen image
~ a LINK to the original (on FAC or another site)
This will ensure your report be taken care of quickly.
</li>[*][b]Someone left a mean comment on one of my pictures. Can I delete it?[/b]
Yes, users can now delete any comment on their pictures as well as any comment made by them. However, if this person repeatedly spams users with flames, notify the abuse team and link to such pictures. Only delete comments if they are truly uncalled for. This sux is pointless spam and can be removed if it bothers you, but the hand is a little small, and you could shade a little darker on the hair is constructive criticism. If you dont want anyone to make suggestions, please say so when you upload to avoid any confusion by those only wanting to be helpful. If you do have reason to report a commenter, dont delete the comments or there is no basis for me to act on the report.
</li>[*][b]I sent an email to cstdenis, but nothing changed. Whats wrong?[/b]
Cstdenis does read all email, but it may take him awhile to take care of the problem due to the large amount of email he receives. Be patient, and the problem will be taken care of as soon as possible. If it is a report of stolen images, it will be forwarded to the Abuse Team, so please direct all reports directly to them.
</li>[*][b]I want to request a drawing of something. How can I do this?[/b]
If you want to request a picture from a specific artist, you can leave your request as part of a comment on the artist's profile page, contact them via e-mail. Contacting them this way makes it much easier for them to respond and ask for clarification if needed. If you want to make a general request (to anyone interested), you can start a new thread in the Requests forum section. or reply to an already existing thread in that forum section. Some artists may prefer to do an art trade, where you do a request for them in exchange.
</li>[*][b]I want to link to Fanart Central on my own site. Do you have a banner?[/b]
A variety of banners are available at the bottom of the links page. If you want to make your own, feel free. Notify cstdenis and hell add it for others to use as well.
</li>[*][b]Does this site use cookies?[/b]
Yes. A cookie is stored on your computer to keep you logged in. When you log out the cookie is removed. A cookie is also used to limit you to only one multipopup per day.
If you don't know what cookies are, don't worry, it's not really important.
</li>[*][b]How do I edit one of my pictures?[/b]
Login and go to your gallery page. There will be an edit link beside each picture's name. Click it and change whatever you want changed.
</li>[*]How do I add/view/manage my Favorites?
</li>[*][b]I can't comment on pictures anymore, it says I have to agree[/b]
Go to add picture and agree there.
</li>[*]Why does nothing happen when I click on 'Add Comment'?
</li>[*][b]I am not being notified of new comments....[/b]
-- Make sure you have checked the box requesting comment notification in your profile (click edit profile on the site to check)
-- Make sure your email address is correct in your profile.
-- Make sure your mailbox is not full
-- Make sure you can accept mail from fanart@ctgameinfo.com (some ISPs like AOL can block mail from people unless you specify to allow mail from them)</li>[/list:u]<span>Submissions FAQ</span>[list][*][b]How do I submit a picture or story?[/b]
After logging in to the FAC main page, click on Add Fanawork and choose the method with which you wish to add your picture or story. Fill out the forms and click submit.
</li>[*]What is the 'Approval Queue' level?
</li>[*]Why do I receive an error message when trying to upload a story?
</li>[*]FAC says my image is too big. Can you tell me how to resize my pictures smaller?
</li>[*]FAC says my image is too big, but I can't resize it any smaller than it is, or there will be nothing left to look at. What can I do?
</li>[*]How should I rate my picture?
</li>[*][b]What category should I submit my image to?[/b]
If you dont know where your picture belongs, upload it to the miscellaneous (Misc) section or ask someone if they can suggest a category. You can also use the site's search engine to help you find categories.
</li>[*]I couldn't find any categories suitable for my fanart. Can you add one?
</li>[*]I completed the submission process, but the picture doesn't appear in my gallery. Why is this?
</li>[*]I have this picture I want to show people. Can I upload it my FAC gallery?</li>[/list:u]<span>Forum FAQ</span>[list][*][b]Why is "the board administrator no longer accepting new registrations"?[/b]
Please use the "Register" link from the FAC main homepage, not the FAC forums homepage. This will register you for both the main site as well as our forums.
</li>[*]Do I have to post on the forums before I can submit art to Fanart Central?
</li>[*][b]How do I add those little pictures ("avatars") under my name?[/b]
When logged in to the forums, click the "My Controls" link near the top. Next, click on "edit avatar settings" down along the left column of the page. From there, you can upload or link to your avatar.
</li>[*]I uploaded a new forum avatar, but why do I still see the old one?
</li>[*]What's that little phrase underneath my avvie? What does it mean, how does it change, and can I get a custom one for myself?
</li>[*]Why doesn't my "Post Count" increase in some areas of the forum?
</li>[*][b]How do I add a signature?[/b]
Click on "My Controls" then "edit signature". Limit your signature to [i]no more[/i] than about 150 pixels tall and 600 pixels wide. (Including text and image)
</li>[*][b]How do I add pictures to my post?[/b]
You can link to pictures by using the "IMG" button or upload an image with your post by using the "file attachments" field. However, please do not attach an image unless it specifically relates to the topic at hand, and note that the Attachment feature is not available in all sections of the forum.
</li>[*]Why doesn't the PM feature work?
</li>[*]Can I close/lock one of my topics against replies if it gets out of hand?
</li>[*][b]Why don't the font colors work?[/b]
To change the color of the text, you must choose the color you want and [i]close the tag[/i] at the end of the text (click "close all tags" or [ /color ] without spaces). The same applies to size and style tags.</li>[/list:u]I'll be adding more questions as they're asked or I think of them.

If you haven't found your answer here, feel free to ask in the General Help area.

[b][Edit: removed old/obsolete info - will work on splitting questions into separate threads][/b]
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A spoiler is to give away information about a movie, game, TV show, that ruins what is intended to be a surprise for the viewer.

You know how in Empire Strikes Back Vader says "Luke I am your father" ? If you told that to anybody who has [i]not[/i] seen the movie, that would be a spoiler, because it's supposed to be a surprise the first time around.

Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
AnimeAmiture
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make Flash 5 animations into valid forms for the internet....WAH! Grr!
Can sumone please help me..?
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash is valid on the net.

Export/save/whatever the command (I dont know flash that well) the file into a swf. You should then be able to view it in a web browser.

You can upload it here (Note: some of the previews during upload won't work for flash, just keep going anyway) or to your own website.

If you are uploading to your own site, note that it needs different HTML from a image. YOu need to use and/or tag(s), but flash can make that html for you.
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cstdenis (Webmaster)"] Export/save/whatever the command (I dont know flash that well) the file into a swf. You should then be able to view it in a web browser. [/quote]
Hey I use FlashMX... YEah. You can't save it becuase it will be a .fla file which is the base file. It is just the open editor file, not the finished movie. You need to click File > Export Movie and follow the onscreen instructions. If you have not imported any images (jpgs, gifs etc) then you can knock the 'Image/JPG Quality' down to zero.

The HTML to embed the exported .swf (does it mean Streaming Web File or something??? dunno....) file may be found here.
This HTML should work for all versions of flash animations. Just remember to change all the variables and NOT to change anything else... I'm sure, with some understanding of HTML, you should be able to guess which tags can be changed.

Hope this is of help to you, dude.

-Gray-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
InuYasha_911
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why cant i upload a pic on lined paper?
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the lines distract attention from the image. They're ust plain annoying.
InuYasha_911
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what if they "distract" or are "annoying" there good pics and i believe they should be posted
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, you can edit those lines OUT.

If you don't want to, start your own fanart site. Not our problem.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, we've been over the whole lined-paper issue several times.

But hey, don't take my word for it, look it up yourself:

- Help > Linedpaper
- Site Discussion > I'm Not Liking This New Approval Crap
- Site Discussion > Quality Control > [b]Lasher's Rant[/b]

I also did post a basic tutorial on one way to remove lines from notebook paper. It's not foolproof, but nor is it the only method. For example: If it's an ink drawing, you may simply be able to increase the brightness of the image until the paper lines wash out.

Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean ascii art? sure.

but only if you make it yourself. You can't use an automated ascii art generator/converter.
KFelidae
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Animemaster2334 (Lindsay)"] Hey, I was just in the RP section and I realized that it doesn't go towards my post count. I poster about 60 times in there today and I thought it was going towards my post count. Why don't RP post go towards your post count? [/quote]
So many people RP, and RP in multiple successions, that it's not included.

Why?

Because really, you're not contributing much to the community at large, just the RP section of that. It's the same as the Spam section, I think. And possibly the unmoderated, though I've never posted there myself.

-KF
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, next thing to do is check your e-mail settings, just in case the FAC validation letter is getting treated like spam.
Sasha1000
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, but I just restarted my computer and I recieved the validation email!! or about a million of them, cos of how many times I asked for one *sweatdrop*!! but anyway thankyou very much!
KotokoPlum
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I've been wanting to ask, but here's the question anyways...

If someone is an "Inactive Site Helper" it obviously shows that they held the position of a site helper before, but why doesn't the title just go back to "Member"?
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, THE classic login problem ... you know where to find the tips, right?
rikuschick
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that for some people's post it say [Post Removed]. I'm just curious what this means.

EDIT: oh, & also I have the "remeber me" button checked, but I still have to log in when I come here. not that it's such a hassle logging in, but I'd liked to be logged in automatically.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means that a moderator/admin edited their post and removed some info from it, and chose to leave a note that they did so.
KotokoPlum
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="KotokoPlum (Stephanie)"] Oh, I've been wanting to ask, but here's the question anyways...

If someone is an "Inactive Site Helper" it obviously shows that they held the position of a site helper before, but why doesn't the title just go back to "Member"? [/quote]
Um, Strata, would you answer my question please?
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the answer... I think it's mostly for bookkeeping, so that if a Site Helper goes on vacation, say, then that's a reminder about why they aren't involved in any staff tasks like AP, etc.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Frequently Asked Questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: