Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Star wars VII- The force awakens

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Star wars VII- The force awakens Reply with quote

Your opinions on this movie, share you must.

But if have not seen movie, no father shall you venture.

I for one...it's good I wont lie. I mean for a fan of the series and not Lucas himself making it, very good work.

But the new villain....he's no Vader. And he probably knows that too hence why he's having tons of mental breakdowns. xP

BB8 is adorable, but he cant compare to R2 x3

And for those wondering about what Hon yelled; It was "BEN!" not Ren, named in honor of Ben Kenobi.
Firiel
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as hardcore a fan of the series as many of my friends, but I enjoyed it fine. I have been enjoying watching the new fan-meta building up. If somebody doesn't like it, I can take or leave their opinion without getting too miffed - but it was a fun ride for me. And I know there are a number of young women who grew up with the films who are rooting for Rey right now.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it Christmas day with family. (In 3D, even.) It was awesome.

I have to admit that near the end of the movie I knew someone was going to die pretty soon -- it was just a question of who and how.

It's full of references to the previous (original trilogy) films, and I can understand why the critics label this as the one fault of the movie. Even George Lucas himself has mixed feelings about it -- on the one hand, he's happy to see what's been done but on the other he felt it was too "safe" from a marketing perspective.

I mean, you have:
- A droid carrying super important secret information that everybody wants
- A desert planet
- Problems with the Millenium Falcon
- Evil empire -- I mean, First Order replete with TIE Fighters, Star Destroyers, and Stormtroopers
- A cantina
- A hand-me-down blue lightsaber
- A Sith led by a shadowy authority figure
- A reclusive Jedi master
- A massive, planet-destroying superweapon with a single point of failure, that is demonstrated halfway through
- A Jedi Mind Trick (on a Stormtrooper, no less)
- X-Wings vs. TIE Fighters
- An X-Wing assault on the above superweapon
- One dramatic onscreen death
- Blue vs. red lightsaber duels
- Even a mention of the garbage chute and trash compactor

But basically all this adds up to one thing: Star Wars IS STAR WARS. Given how most people didn't like the prequel trilogy, I can understand the choice to almost reboot the Star Wars saga before truly diving in to where it goes 30 years (in Star Wars time) after Return of the Jedi.

C3PO and R2D2 are still around but in minor roles, BB-8 is the droid with the most screen time (and while the majority of BB-8 scenes were filmed using puppetry, they actually built a full-scale, remote-control BB-8. There's also a toy version, controllable by smartphone.)

You can identify pretty much all of the central characters in the first ten minutes (if you know what to look for).
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: