Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Little-known Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanami

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any little-known games that they think are wonderful?

I have a favorite: Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon. It seems so stupid, but it's actually a really fun game. Make a fleet of ships, get a crew, get some guns, kill some enemies. So much fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SgtNeko-chan
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like JSRF ( Jet Set Radio future( I can't spell!)). It's a fun little game to keep me occupied.

What you do is go around on roller blades and graffiti all over the place. this is the only non-RPG game I'm good at. Like I said it keeps me occupied.
Simple
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, how about 'Tails Capurnio (spelling?)'.

you run around as a dog-dude, and capture cats that are causeing havoc in the world.

the controls are stupid, the plot is pretty stupid, but yet i sitll play it...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Boss_Man7089
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm i know one person has said they played it but by putting it here i can see whether anyone else has

Shadow Hearts or Legend of Legacia 2
TenthDivine
Canhas uzertitle nao?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TALES OF DESTINY! Please, more people must go for Tales of Destiny!

Oh, and Arc the Lad, the first three anyway.
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mi favorite least known game is definately Guilty Gear X2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno I guess azure dreams. its like a rpg-action- dating game.I kind of like it, but I cant beat the dude at the of the tower, even with the game shark. XD!!
Chibi_Inu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo! I played Tails of Destiny! I like that game.

What about the Bloody Roar series?! I love BR2 I must get number 3 for my PS2!!
gamefox120
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever played Vectorman? Vectorman rocks!!! and still does!!! He apperd on the lunchables at one time.
SSJ-IceFire47
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the best forgotten games I've probably played are Guardian Legend, Dragon Spirit, and Life Force,all for NES.

Guardian Legend was pretty kewl. The graphics were amazing for an NES game, and the muzik and gameplay were good. One of it's best features was that, at diff parts of the game, you'd switch between playing in human, zelda-style labyrinth mode, and the other half (boss battles and etc) you'd play as a jet in side scrolling space-shooter mode.

Ok, somebody tell me, WHERE DID LIFE FORCE GO?? A clone of the Gradius series, yet no place in Gradius. Straaaaange. WTF? Anyway, it was pretty good. Reminded me a LOT of Contra, only you were airships and you'd have to weave in and out of mazes while shooting enemies and dodging fire. It's pretty addictive too, and REALLY hard to get through without the Konami code.

Dragon Spirit was pretty good. You were basically a man-turned-dragon who was saving his wife or something......I don't remember.......but it was pretty fun. It also had two modes. (gold dragon or blue dragon)

Oh, and there's Monster Party. All I have to say about this one, despite the fact that it was all in all pretty fun, is WTF?! :wacko: You have dancing zombies and onion rings/fried shrimp/fish patties (yes, that boss changes into all 3 of those) 2 fight, you turn into a bird....like....thing........and the ending is just.....wierd. :wacko:
DG-sama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiden Cronicles for N64 was a nifty game. It was really long tho... I only got about halfway through before my memory card got fried and I didn't have the energy to start all over again.

Faxanadu for NES was a nifty game as well. Cool sidescroller action/adventure based RPG. Doing jumps in that game was tricky.

God damn you signature WORK!
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Akito (Hopeless Dreamers)"] Mi favorite least known game is definately Guilty Gear X2 [/quote]
YES YES GGXX is one of my fav games EVER! err yeah anyway Bloody Roar I agree is another and also Vagrant Story on the PS1. Though VS is one of those love it or hate it games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dnmtt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone ever played Simant? That game was fun!
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I got another Shadow of Memories so original and fun to play. The concept of going back in time and solving you're own murder is a new one.
CheetahSmith
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2. I think that larger name games such as Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts take away the spotlight from Dark Cloud and Dark Cloud 2.
IrianaMitsuragi
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just name a couple of RPGs I've played and beaten. I'm not sure, but these maybe least known to some of you young gamers or newbie RPGers. Since the Final Fantasy series is so huge, you may have passed these by. ^_^;

Grandia (PS) Grandia series, IMO, were great, epecially Grandia, the first game. Though you would have to get past the poor PS 2D graphics then you would have a game with a really cool story, easy gameplay, and fun characters. I highly recomend this one. Justin's so cute! ^_^

Breath of Fire 3 (PS) Havn't played 5 yet... 4 was okay, but I do know 3 was awesome. Graphics weren't great, but it still has a nice clean anime look. I really enjoyed this game.

Suikoden 1-2 (PS) Again, the first Suikoden had bad graphics, but made up in story. Same goes for the second game, though it has better graphics and etc. If you care for the story, then I say play 1 first.. since 2 is the sequel and has quite a bit of refereances from the first.

Heh, and good luck in finding them if you're interested.. they are classic games now.. quite rare. o_O;
Kendra_Grant
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]Pandemonium. [/b] The 2nd one was crap but the first one was sooo fun. Well, for me it was.

[b]102 Dalmations: Puppies to the Rescue![/b] From Disney. Yeah, it's Disney, but it was sooo fun and cute.

[b]Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy[/b] is great, too. A lot of people I know play the second one, but not the first. It's really short but it has so much packed into it, ya know what I mean? lol
hootinanny
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fatal Frame series! Very good and creepy. Umm I remember Tails Capurnia too, but it was called Tail Concerto too wasn't it? I love the Guilty Gear series, and the Legaia series and the Tales of series (I love those games!) I used to love Brave Fencer Musashi, and also the Breath of Fire series. Rolling eyes So many!!
CheetahSmith
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="IrianaMitsuragi (Amethyst Beauty"] Grandia (PS) Grandia series, IMO, were great, epecially Grandia, the first game. Though you would have to get past the poor PS 2D graphics then you would have a game with a really cool story, easy gameplay, and fun characters. I highly recomend this one. Justin's so cute! ^_^ [/quote]
I LOVE that game! I was lucky enough to find my copy in a used Book store in Tennesee!(I live in Atlanta) And Justin is adorable! I got all three games for PSX and PS2.... ^_^
Hanami

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Breath of Fire series. But the first two games were tricky (especially in the beginning). I own 3 and 4. Never played 5 (don't own a PS2 Sad ) I liked the story of BoF 3, but I liked the characters of BoF 4 more. And there was Teepo and Rei if you beat the game the right way. I don't remember the first two that well, gotta go d/l the ROMs now, cause they were for SNES.

Which goes to another topic... Do you guys condone ROMs? It's really hard to get the old games nowadays, so I download ROMs. Should I stop?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: