Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
How Did You Find Fac?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mountain_Dewroo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you find fac? And why did you join?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KotokoPlum
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found FAC because my friend GothicDancer had an acoount and one day, she drew a whole picture which featured, well, me! So, I just [i]had[/i] to comment, and that's pretty much it...
JediRevan20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was bored and decided to look for fanart, and I ran across DG-Sama's galleries.
I joined because my own art site isn't doing too well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed a gallery link from a user signature on a different forum.

The particular forum where I found it is currently 404 though....

And I signed up because I wanted a place to host my drawings (Angelfire isn't built for that), because Elfwood's terms sounded too restrictive, and because I didn't know of any other fanart sites (even dA).
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Pyrodragon125
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came to FAC a little over a year ago. I stayed after school in the media center and my friend (rabid fangirl, sadly....never mention hiei near her please!!!) was on the site and I got interested. So, eventually I drew something and joined and yup that's how I came. I was mostly going into the chat back then. That was back before it went down for like half a year. How I miss the good ol' days. Eh, oh well.
EN1X
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Bout a year and a half ago I was searching the net for some LOTR fanart. FAC popped up as one of the search results and I checked it out, and was impressed by all the different categories and all the art. At this time, I never knew about any other fanart site, and I really wanted to share my drawings, so I signed up the next day.
Thirteen_Black_Roses
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google image searches for various shows kept coming up with the same site, and finally one day I decided to look around. I realized that, "Hey, this FAC place is pretty cool," and since I already had some pictures on my computer and wished I had a place to post them, I decided to join. And the rest, as they say, is history!
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it when I looked up "fanart" in a search engine (Yahoo, I think). I looked at pictures but didn't join until a while later.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ragingflea002
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I joined by recommendation of my ex girlfriend's best friend(who, interestingly enough, I liked, and I guess she may have liked me) after I drew the picture of Kurt Cobain in my gallery. I liked the site well enough, and the layout was cool.
I came to the forums about a month after I joined. I've spent more time on these forums than the actual site(no recent uploads) because they were full of debate.
Course, now it's "WHAT DO YOU LIKE?!?!!!" and stuffs.
Still, proud to be member 9080. At least I can say I was here when it was still fairly small.
CheshireGoddess
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found FAC through Google search engine one day while looking for Inuyasha fanart or something :wacko: Found it I think in the begining of 8th grade maybe a little before the summer in 8th grade going into 9th. I'm pretty sure I have been here for 2 years now. But I joined to at first comment on all the artists pictures then kind of just used Robin's scanner to put up art, my first picture i ever posted was a picture that I looked off of the artist Arwen, a unicorn character of hers, and I was accussed of tracing Laughing
Lexar
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was destiny.
Diathene
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I was looking for Diablo fanart for some reason. Basically there isn't much, but google kept throwing up FAC's "Diablo" category, so signed up and posted my own damn Diablo fanart ;p
ruppy007
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the site so much as a guest, so I eventually signed up as a member.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beatlechick90
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was searching for Avril Lavigne fan art the summer before last. Then when I finally scanned some drawings in I remembered this site and signed up.
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I came here for reasons undefined. Reasons undefined. Reasons undefined.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mountain_Dewroo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it.....'nuf said.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it through google. I was looking for a site to put my stuff up at. Since the only site that I had used before fac was KatC's Sailormoon fanart.. which was a really bad setup and such. When that went down I needed a new home Smile I preferred fac over deviant art, though I do have a DA account, I just never go there.

[quote]I made it.....'nuf said. [/quote]

Laughing

OrochiLeona

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking for silent hill fanart on dogpile.com !! I thought its fun to join so I joined ! Smile
Inugirl10

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found FAC when I was looking for Sonic the Hedgehog fanart (back when I was a Sonic junkie <_< ). What got me to join was that one of my friends said I should post my art on the 'net because my art was good. I really liked FAC so I decided to join, and I have just loved it here. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: