Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Who Do You Wish You'd Seen Live?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rebus
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they came to your country and you missed them. Maybe the group broke up just as you were starting to like them. Maybe their lead singer was shot before you were born.

Who do you wish you'd seen?

For me, it'd be Queen. My mum saw them live when she was in her teens, but Mr Mercury died a few days after my seventh birthday. I was born in the wrong generation Sad

How about you?
eclipsedmoongoddess482
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've done anything for tickets to a Guns 'n Roses concert when the band was at their peak. Cool But they've been broken up for a long time so I guess if I want to get the next best thing...I guess I'll just go to a Velvet Revolver concert. ^_^

I also am very depressed that there is most likely a very slim chance that I'll ever be able to go to an Aerosmith concert. Dammit...I missed it by like two or three years. <_< *Whimper* Steve Tyler...come back! Sad
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack, the list the list goes on and on. The curse of being in diapers while all my favorite groups were at their best. Sad Let's see...

Appetite For Destruction-era Gn'R - Steven may not have been a huge part of the band, at least not as much as Izzy, but I still liked his energy and drum tone more than any that followed. Plus, original is original. Before they hit it big, even.

Led Zeppelin

Original lineup Faster Pussycat - It's down to just Brent and Taime in the band, and the new guys are great, but it's just not the same. Plus, although I don't mind all that much because they're still glam-ish, their original look was more fun than the PVC industrial thing they've got going now.

Hanoi Rocks, original lineup - This has a few problems. First of all, Razzle died before I was born (Vince Neil was driving drunk, Razzle was the passenger). Second, although they're still touring, they're not touring the US (they're from Finland, by the way). Third, it's down to pretty much just Mike Monroe and Andy McCoy in the band. Dammit.

TUFF (Stevie, Jorge, Michael, Danny lineup) - Again, lots of lost members. I could and will go see Stevie play, but a young TUFF is a good TUFF.

Original lineup Skid Row - You can't replace Baz. . . . .

David Lee Roth Van Halen, 1984 era - Self explanitory. It's Van Halen, not Van Hagar. Grr!

Black Sabbath, Ozzy years - I wasn't born

Pearcy era RATT - Not old enough, and although Jizzy is a fine frontman, he's not Pearcy

The Sex Pistols - Wrong decade, wrong country

I have gotten my wish of seeing a reunited Poison and will see a reunited Motley (hopefully). And I'd add Cinderella, but they're headlining a tour again this summer, original members, so....wee.
ramza_belourve
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any japanese music group even if i dont understand a word of it
I still really like it
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Jrockers Pierrot <3 Kirito and Dir En Grey and malice Mizer they had kickass concerts but....no more.

A band i'd like to see at some point is Muse. Shouldn't be too hard they're british and everything and have had concerts here before.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beatlechick90
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beatles! they broke up long before I was born, and I would've loved to see them, even if you couldn't hear them at the concerts.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, somewhere up there, the powers that be love pissing all over my hopes and dreams.

Hanoi Rocks had three US dates planned for the very near future. They haven't played here in a decade. They were still on my list because I couldn't get to the Key Club or Vegas at those times, much as I would have liked to, but a bigger, proper tour was planned for later.

Dates are now cancelled because Andy can't get into the country. Grr! An ex-junkie can't get a visa to play for a few weeks then go back to Finland. Thank you, US government, for protecting the American people from Andy McCoy's past. I feel so much safer.

Perhaps he can get it sorted out by summer, but it's unlikely. Mike misses all the US shows anyway, always has. That's it, I'm flying to Finland. Grr!
slet
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Aerosmith some day, but they haven't been here in quite a while.
Also Guns and roses (the original band, not the cheap band they are now) would've been nice.
Jimi Henrix would be nice too.
_matt_
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Pleymo, Deftones and Bon Jovi (Wink).
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could still see half of those. Razz

Although that last one... Spare yourself. Go see Cinderella instead. All the fluffy hair of Bon Jovi with better tunes.
_matt_
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too poor to afford tickets anyway. :(

And Jon, yeah I always wanted to get backstage passes and ask him, "Are you gay?" then try to hook him up with the Franz Fredinand (sp?) dudes 'cause we all know [i]they're[/i] gay.

I'm going to run off and watch "The Cinderella Story." :3
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Brittingham of Cinderella had far better hair than anyone in BJ. The blonde palm tree? Hell yes. Especially on the cover of Night Songs, or anything right around that era when he still sprayed it up. A lot of people thought it was fake 'cause it was so perfect.

Now he looks like the typical hard rock dude with dark hair, but then again, so does most of Jovi. Rolling eyes
slet
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Bon Jovi together with Lexar a year and a half ago. Show rocked, setlist was great, sound SUCKED!!!! I hate that stupid Amsterdam Arena it has the shittiest sound in the world: ECHO ECHO ECHO (it's a football stadium for about 50.000 people with a ROOF)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: