Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
FAC Forum Rules Revised
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: FAC Forum Rules Revised Reply with quote

[b]FAC Forum Rules[/b] - [i][Last updated July 5th 2005 by Layz][/i]

[b]*There is no need to make a topic to advertise your site. If you want to do that, put a banner or link to it in your signature. [/b]

[b]*Signature size - [/b]150 pixels tall, 450 pixels wide. Signatures are seen by everyone in the forum. Please make them appropriate for all ages and do not include anything that is related to sex, bodily functions, or is in any way showing prejudice. Also note some users are on slow connections. For their sake, don't use images of large file size.

[b]*Signature links [/b] Most links are accepted in signatures. However links to sites that can be considered fac hate sites will not be accepted. This goes for links in posts as well. If found, the link will be removed from your signature or post without warning. A note will be left in your signature. If the link is replaced refer to the following penalties.

Failing to comply will result in removal of signature. If the user continues to not cooperate, they will be suspended and eventually banned. The following guidelines refer to signature links and size.

1st offense- Warning & removal of signature
2nd offense- 3 day suspension & removal of signature
3rd offense- 1 week suspension & removal of signature
4th offense- 1 month suspension & removal of signature
5th offense- Ban

[b]*Avatars-[/b] No obscene avatars will be allowed. Please make them appropriate for all ages and do not include anything that is related to sex, bodily functions, or is in any way showing prejudice. Also note some users are on slow connections. For their sake, don't use images of large file size. Also, dont use heavily animated avatars. They tend to be large files and are annoying and distracting.

Failing to comply will result in removal of the avatar. If the user continues to not cooperate, they will be suspended and eventually banned.

1st offense- Removal of avatar and warning
2nd offense- 3 day suspension & removal of avatar
3rd offense- 1 week suspension & removal of avatar
4th offense- 1 month suspension & removal of avatar
5th offense- Ban

[b]*Personal Attacks (Insulting/flaming) of FAC Members-[/b] Insulting other members is not allowed. For example: "John is a dork. I hate him. He smells bad". Doing this will result in any of the following depending on how bad the flaming was:

1st offense- Warning
2nd offense- 3 day suspension
3rd offense- 1 Week suspension
4th offense- 1 month suspension
5th offense- Ban

[b]*Pesonal Attacks (ie. Insulting/flaming) of FAC Staff-[/b] Insulting FAC staff is not accepted. Constant bashing of staff will not go unnoticed. If you have a question about a decision that was made, you may contact one of the Moderators or write to the FAC support e-mail. Note: Moderator's decisions will NOT be changed.

1st offense- Warning
2nd offense- 1 Week Suspension
3rd offense- One month suspension
4th offense- Ban

[b]*Threats (FAC Members, FAC Staff, and FAC site)- [/b]
1st offense- Warning
2nd offense- 1 Month Suspension
3rd offense- Ban

[b]*Racism (Personal attacks or racist comments in general)-[/b] FAC has taken on a zero tolerance approach when it comes to racism. What may seem funny to you, can be hurtful to other members whether you meant it to be or not.

1st offense- Warning & removal of racial comment
2nd offense- 1 Week Suspension & removal of comment
3rd offense- One month suspension & removal of comment
4th offense- Ban

Any topic considered racist will be closed and possibly deleted without warning.

[b]*Cooperation with Moderators-[/b] If you are told to drop a subject or follow rules, do so.

1st offense- Warning
2nd offense- 1 Week suspension
3rd offense- 1 month suspension
4th offense- Ban

[b]*Spamming Topics Not In Spam (Posting off of topic, etc)-[/b] Spam is off topic posting. If you post short statements on a topic such as "I love it" or "Oh yeah", that may be considered spam. These things will not be considered spam on topics such as forum games. There is no need to post many pictures in a row. Just because you can attach a picture does not mean you need to use it. Please keep spam on the spam board. If you use the spam board, PLEASE read the pinned message. The spam board is moderated and there are rules.

1st Offense- Warning & Removal of post
2nd Offense- Warning & Removal of post
3rd Offense- 3 Day Suspension & Removal of post
4th Offense-1 Week suspension & Removal of post
5th Offense-1 Month Suspension & Removal of post
6th Offense- Ban & Removal of post

[b]*Fake Accounts ( numerous accounts by one user, accounts made specifically to cause problems)-[/b]These accounts are not permitted at all, and FAC has no tolerance whatsoever toward them. All fake accounts will be removed when discovered. And depending on the nature of the account, a banning could occur on the first offense. This is a basic guideline of action taken against fake accounts.

1st offense- Removal of fake account and warning
2nd offense- Removal of fake account, and banning of IP

[i]Please Note:[/i] It is very important to respect the FAC Staff as well as other members. Moderators are here to keep order on the forums. They are to be respected. A moderator's decision is final.

***Also, depending on what the person did to break a rule, a consequence can be changed. If you are a trouble maker, you will be dealt with accordingly.

If you have any questions or comments (there is no need to make a thread for them) you can contact the site support e-mail support@fanart-central.net or contact certain site helpers at:

August:
AIM: Kate is August
MSN: katkatrulz@hotmail.com
Yahoo: Kateness_is_greatness
E-mail: katkatrulz@hotmail.com

Layzcarter:
Yahoo: vigilante_cat01
E-mail: pisani34@hotmail.com

***The attached image is the signature size.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gameboy
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about the insulting of members if u tell some one to get a life becuase of a picture they have drawen does that count and then calling them loser after the insulting attack on ones pride.
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone posted a rude comment like that on a picture of yours, it is considered flamming. If someone is flamming you, please send a report to the FAC staff so it can be handled properly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lexar
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAC staff insults me all the time.
slet
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Moderator's decisions will NOT be changed.[/quote]

muwahahaha. So basically if one of you goes nuts, there is nothing anyone can do about it cuz it's against the rules?

Oh yeah, how Can I see how many pixels my avatar is?
Thirteen_Black_Roses
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]do not include anything that is related to sex[/quote]

Does that include kissing? I have an avatar I want to use but I don't want to put it up until I know it's ok.
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be okay. If you're really unsure about it you can PM me a link or something and I'll tell you Smile
Bart_Simpsons
My First Post!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:huh: Razz Laughing Very Happy
DarkLight

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't that spam? Hans' post I mean...
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just means you accidentally pushed the post button twice. You see ontop of the post where it says edit? Push that and you can change the post. Anyway, dont' worry. You can't go around pointing out every spam post you see. It would take forever. We know what spam looks like. The best thing to do, ignore it.
unfocused

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, this will be my first report of rule breaktion. Oh how the tables have turned!

BTW, is this how to report people? through forum posts? or do we email someone? Since the report button is obviously on strike. I don't think you've made that clear.

Anyway, I'd like to report ThaKakarot (Thomas scott). In his signature he has a VERY racial gif image of a burning cross. Now, I'm not African American, but I [i]do[/i] live in a city that is almost African American dominated. I've had a decent share of racism thrown at me in my life, so I take offense to this.

You can view the racial image on his profile, please take a minute to click the link above that I left for you. I would have attached it to this post but not sure how much, if at all, this will piss you off.

HAHA, tables turning, Baby!
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your avatar is offensive to me, James Sad Please remove it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dogss
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Anyway, I'd like to report ThaKakarot (Thomas scott). In his signature he has a VERY racial gif image of a burning cross. Now, I'm not African American, but I do live in a city that is almost African American dominated. I've had a decent share of racism thrown at me in my life, so I take offense to this.[/quote]

I coudn't even tell what it is until you pointed it out.
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't be afraid, munky, it's only a picture...

hmmm, maybe the mods are all on spring break...

Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, since the report button's broken, if you need to report somebody, use the PM function in its place (include a relevant link to the thread/whatever) .

Reporting is a matter to handle discreetly, so posting about it in a public area isn't the thing to do.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused (James)"] don't be afraid, munky, it's only a picture...
[/quote]
It's not scaring me, it's offending me and my beliefs. Please remove it Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*poof* it's gone, now all you see are stars

BTW, PMing is too much work, STRATA, get the report button fixed or I just don't give a hoot, and he can keep his gif.SMASHINGPUMPKINSBLOW!HAHAHA
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok
1. Your avatar of the beast thing is still up. I asked to rermove it just as you asked that other person to remove the flaming cross in his signature, yet you act childish towards my request..
2. Spam forum is a place for personal attack, not here. Smashing Pumpkins, I hold in high regard and won't have you critisice them in public broadcast where it is not allowed.
3. The report button does need to be fixed and PMing the mods is not alot of work when you take a burning cross image into offense. As much as you did in the post you mentioned it in.
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. go back and check the rules, dude. You left no reason for the offense.

2. i feel that you are attacking me.

3. You can also take the guys avatar as a cross turned upside down, since it's not really clear if it is actually just the top part of a burning cross, and the bottom part of it cut off. Which, in turn, would also make it anti-Christ like. But like I said, noone else cares so I won't either, it's not offending me [i]directly[/i], so it's not my problem.

Anyway, my avatar is a beast, yes, it's not a pouncing kitty. I see the difference, so, I'm sorry and I apolagize. It is now removed, as I hope our issue is aswell.

*Beat the kitty! BEAT the kitty!*
Black-Bird
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiChrist?
C'mon PPL let's Not Get Religous now. This site is For art Not Preaching.
And why do you care so much. If you find it Offending.
Don't look at it... WOW! I never thought About using Logic!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: