Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
On The Subject Of Flaming...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SquallLeonhart
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaming .... let's see.... I've seen more than one case of this now that has nearly taken an account of this site because of they way people feel of their own work. A lot of people, including me, are complete pessemists; any flaming on them could make them take off all of their art or even give up completely on it. Feeling the way I do about art, I believe that it should NEVER be given up on. For all of you flamers out there, I sincerely hope that you agree that art shouldn't be given up on, and take a lesson from this. It makes me cry to see others get rid of art in their life just because in the minds of the few it is not very good. If we didn't want to see the work you do, why would we join this site? Isn't the point of this site to see the work of others, whether professional, or beginner? We can handle seeing a few bad pieces, and we can kindly and constructively criticize them, those two adjectives being key. I honestly don't think it'll burn our eyes to see these pieces. NO ONE'S ART IS PERFECT...NOT EVEN YOURS, so improve on your own and ask for help from others on ideas, never ......NEVER make fun of other people's art. If you don't agree with me on this then you don't belong on this site. Art is meant to be fun, and should not be taken as work. Even if one is doing art as work, it should be fun for them, and whether or not it comes out FREAKIN' PERFECT IS NOT A CONCERN!! Please, give up your life as an artist if you're going to complain about everybody elses! SERIOUSLY!
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most flamers are:

A. Out for cheap laughs by making others feel horrid. (much like catty chicks who get a kick out of talking bad about the way another girl looks)
B. Artists who can't take crits and lash out at the person giving 'em.

Both know exactly what they're doing and why, so I agree they should leave and find more productive uses of their time (like some grammar lessons, in most cases).
DG-sama

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh flamers suck, if I don't like a peicee I at least try and give the artist a helpful comment like a tip to make it look better.

God damn you signature WORK!
tamashii
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Flamers are just really wasting their own time. I mean, if you really don't like a picture, and think an artist 5ux0rz, then just don't comment. Go look at art that you like, and comment on it.

...It's not like there's any shortage of brilliant art, or artists on this site. Geez. Grr!
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the thing, critiscm is there to help people see what they're doing wrong so that the artist can improve.
Flames are there to make people feel bad.

They're pretty easy to tell apart. Flames are usually just yelling and saying stuff like "you suck, this is the worst picture I've ever seen" but not saying[b]why[/b].

The problem is that sometimes people (especially kids on this site) think that any form of critism is a flame T.T;;; they don't want to hear what they're doing wrong, they just want to be praised. Then what do they do? They either go and flame the person that tried to help....or they get a little too dramatic and post one of those "goodbye fanart central" pictures. (BTW..that is really getting irritating)

Flames are malicious, critiscm is meant to be helpful. Hopefully peole will start to differenciate between the two.

But yeah, if you see flames, report them. T.T flaming on this site is against FAC rules, and flamers can be punished for doing so. But please actually take a moment to see if it's a flame or critiscm, k?
n.n thank you, bye bye!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flame examples:

fufufufufufu, u sux, fu fu

Non-flames:

You know, that arm should be a little longer... that leg should be a little thinner
ect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
DG-sama

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="iamem0tionless (Kate)"]

You know, that arm should be a little longer... that leg should be a little thinner
ect. [/quote]
I used to give comments like that, but people would just delete them so I don't even bother anymore

Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, all your doing is making a comment, isn't like you were being mean, just giving advice on the drawing.

i have drawings where the arm is just slightly to short, no biggie right. Just as long as you tell them it's otherwise not all that bad, Thats how i do it any ways. I tell them some advice and throw in how i feel about it in a whole, which is usually i like em ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh... if they don't want to take your advice, that's their loss. They're the ones who're being hurt by not taking it in the end. I can always take the advice, but if you flame me, I shall not be happy at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah T.T My friend Jenni (Jenniberry) told me earlier that that she commented on some guys picture "nice! i really like her hair! but the right eye is a lot more detailed than the left. It's still good!"

the guy deleted the comment. then she left "uh...I was just trying to help. you can't get better unless you know what you're doing wrong" (cuz he was doing the same thing wrong on every pic)
he deleted it again and then left this:
"to whom it may concern, stop nagging me about my pictures" I forgot the rest. blah.

The point is....if you're not willing to take critiscm, don't put it on the internet T.T;;;
no one's perfect
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the big deal about that!? WTF?

That kind of comment is nothing. Come on *rolls eyes* what a punch of pansies
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, the same thing happens on most of the other sites. Serious artists want more crits, but anyone willing to give them winds up with a bunch of "OMG!!!! STFU!!!!111 UR JUST JELLUS!". <_<
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i'm one of those artist that want more critics, GIVE ME MORE! Razz Grr!

dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all flamers should rot in a flamming hell....

alright with flammers....they leave comments like "trash it thats the worst picture ive ever seen" when actually its really good....

That has happened before...so what i do is i go to the person's account....and see if there are any pictures which usually there aren't...so then i go back to the pic that was flamed...leave the comment up there...and then add my own comment...most peeps who look at the pic add something of their own ^ ^ so actually the argument goes my way....

And if there are pics from the flamed person and there drawings aren't that great...i leave my own comment asking why i was flammed, blah blah blah...and if they delete it Cool i keep leaving my own comments till i get an answer...

If you get flamed....take the initiative and
1. check to see if the account that you got flamed from has any pics
2. if they do...leave a comment...see what happens...worse thing that can happen is you get cursed off at, comment deleted, or flamed again..
3. If flamed again by the same person...report them...
4. Don't go flaming the other person back....where will that get you? <--i have done that before cause i was really pissed at the comment left...figure out a different way to get revenge Laughing

Just some advise from a person who got flamed a lot...not the funnest thing to get when reading comments...but what can you do?...people are stupid...can't help that...

Now on to criticism....for all those who think a comment that doesn't say "Great job ur art rocks!" and says something that "thats a good picture...just work a little bit on the arms and hands"is flaming...u should just leave...CAUSE THATS CALLED CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!!...if you can't understand that then don't post art...i just left a few comments on some people's art saying it was good pictures but there needed to be a few adjustments here and there....

I get critisiced a lot on my work...cause seriously...i know its not the best in the world...and im not going to go into the profession of an artist..i do this cause its fun and when i become a writer (yes thats my goal in life) i will illustrate my own books with my drawings....i love constuctive critisiscm(really idk how to spell that Rolling eyes ) cause it can show me where i need improvement....and how i can improve that area....

anyway...i know thats a lot...but really people...if you can't dissifer critisicm from flames....don't complain....and be reasonable and actually THINK about what the person wrote(if its critisicm)...i know i know...its a hard thing for humans to accomplish...but seriously...it can help...

ok...thats all

cyaz

dragon :ph34r:
DG-sama

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except half the people on this site can't seem to grasp the concept of constructive critism. And that saddens me.

Huitzil
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe it or not, I find flamers kinda like an incentive. Everytime I get a comment from a grammar-challenged flammer I use to forget it easily, but hours later when I ´m working on a pic, I use to remember the all-time-classic "FUK U, U SUK" line. Then the anger kicks in, and suddenly I´m like "Oh, so the little a-hole thinks that way, huh?! Well! I guess I´ll just have to make him swallow his words with acid!" And then I begin to draw with even more enthusiasm, just to shut the hell up those SOBs!

Flammers can be quite a pain in the neck, yes, but they can also transform you into the Super Saiyan of artists!

(God, I hope I wrote this right. My english can be even worse than a flammer´s! Uneasy)
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay that's an...interesting way to look at it n.n but hey, whatever works.

Honestly, when it comes down to it, I find flames irritating and a waste of my time T.T they've got no substance. They're like a sandwhich made entirely out of bread.
Mostly because they have nothing to do with the art, just you.

Anyway, Huitzil o.o what country are you from? (you mentioned your English)
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::looks back on comment:: wow...that was a really looong comment i left...jeez...

but hey...thats wat i thought bout flammers and stupid people who can't recongnize flames from critics...

anywayz...that supier saiyan artist thing is kinda funny....that would make a good comic...

alright....i wrote most of my piece in my first comment

cyaz

dragon :ph34r:

Huitzil
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was kinda serious about the super saiyan artist. Sure, a little exagerated, but yeah, I meant all I say. Kind off, anyway.

*looks back at post* Err... yeah, It´s kinda stupid. :wacko: Sorry.

Hey! I got one of those square things! I´m not a newbie anymore! :lol:

Damn! There I go again! Sad

jejeje, sorry. Anyway, I´m from Mexico: the beautiful homeland of corruption and tequila. Cheers!
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh okay n.n Well, you're English is really good!! I wouldn't have thought you were from another country if you hadn't said so.

I don't know much Spanish @.@;;; just the stuff Seasame Street taught me as a kid lol
I better learn though. I work at a Mexican restuarant and our entire kitchen knows only a little English o.o;;;;

n.n anyway! Flames: usually an attack basically on the person, not the art, so don't give it a second thought.
but please, do report them. That kind of attitude doesn't belong on FAC n.n
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: