Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Passion Of Christ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seto_lover
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Passion is a movie that needed to be made a long time ago. We sometimes forget that Jesus died a very painful death, just so our sins could be forgiven. So I think that even though it is rated R, everyone should go and see it.

I'm 13 and I really want to see it.
SgtNeko-chan
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!! I totally agree with you. I'm only 14 and I want to see it.

I don't quite get why peeps are arguing about this movie. I don't think that this movie was meant to bash Jews. They are after all God's chosen people. Bottom line is that old Jewish leaders wanted him dead because that they had strayed from God, and Jesus threatened their power and status. Plus technically the Romans killed them because they crucified Him.

Oh well some people have different veiws. I think Mel Gibson wanted to remind people that Jesus's death was very, very painful. That is my view too, because I'm a Christian.

one downfall,My pastor saw a preview of the movie and said that it was very good, but it didn't explain why He died on the cross too well. He brought some books to our church to help explain. But I know the real reason.
kathyhime85
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard about this movie. I want to see it too! Anyway, it seems like Mel Gibson wasn't very careful about how he phrased Jesus's lines, making it sound like he blamed the Jews for it. Idiot. he didn;t mean to bash jews, but supposedly, the way things are phrased makes it hard to understand.
Seto_lover
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad people are seeing this the way I do, and that's why I decided to post this. I looked to see if it had been posted already, and it wasn't, so I took the liberty and put this out for the whole world to see. Also it is a sensitive subject, and I like to talk what's on my mind about these things.
sally_the_ragdoll
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay listen to this....my friend has an aunt that has two children, six months old and 5 years old. ever sinse they were born she's been shoving chatolisism down their throats.

and she's taking them to see the passion of christ.

do you think this is the right thing to do?

atleast let them grow up!! Razz
SgtNeko-chan
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good idea! I mean wait till their older. Especially because of the violence. If I was that old, I'd have nightmares for weeks. *I'm the biggest wimp I know, but everybody is scared of me*
Seto_lover
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Neko, they are way too young to see it. I think she should wait until they understand what it's about before they see it. But that's just me.
kathyhime85
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a rumor about a women having a heart attack while seeing the movie. For the Aunts own sake she better not take the kids let alone she see it. Than again, its just a rumor. Most likely not true.
Seto_lover
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine that, IF THEY'RE 100 OR SO. Sorry I'm sick and tired of rumors, I'm about to fight a girl at school for making my friend cry. Grr!
kathyhime85
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, maybe she was like 100. Sorry. However, I heard it is incredibly graphic.
Seto_lover
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, but like my mom said, "If you put a nail through sombody's hand, it ain't pretty."
a-drawer-4ever
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well get used to the idea it happened so you know it's not pleasent to see it. but how would you like it to happen to you? I am sorry if I sounded angry I am a christian and personally I believe mel heard from god that he was supposed to do this movie I mean he took a risk for doing it like everyone si saying the jews are getting all piped up about it! But I'm glad that there are others that think like me too! ^^ I want to see it too! i'm 12 btw and I was surprised that they did the whole thing in hebrew and it probebly wouldn't do the kids of that aunt to take them its all sub-tittled hm.. go figure! power to mel!! hehe
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh... I don't know what I believe about the whole religion thing. I don't see why anyone would get all pumped up about it, like the jews are. I mean, it's just their view of the story. If they're so pissed about the movie, why aren't they mad at the bible?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
a-drawer-4ever
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the jews never liked the new testement heh! go figure it goes against everything in the old tesement in all! and they had forgotten what its about not about wheather they loose a job at the local temple but that they all worshiped god and soo they don't get that.. they need to know that ! but enough of the preaching hehe I am weird about that! goo Mel!! More true stories I loved the preveiws and I soo want to see it!!
ashtax
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 12 and I want to see it. I havn't been to Church since I moved here 10 years ago (To NZ from England), but I still want to see it. Over here it's R16 which stinks.
I reckon private religious school should have school trips for the 5, 6, and 7th formers. Taking a five year old kid to see it would be dumb. The kid would get nightmares, and probably won't understand it.
No one is making the Jews go see it, so why should they try to stop people who want to go? I'm a strong believer in the fact that people can believe whatever they darn well want to. If you believe that Cerberus is your God and if you sacrifice your sheep for him, then do that. Believe what you want to believe. So there.
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "problem" with the movie is that it's making Jewish people the supposed bad guy T.T
These days the only people you can make look like the bad guy are white, christian men without getting reamed. I have a couple Jewish friends that are actually close to me, one in particular (I love her to death but...) won't stop turning everything to the Holocaust.
Everything is "Well my people suffered this and this and this, so what right do you have to complain about that?" she's even gone so far as to call some of us Aryans (the word for blonde-hair, blue-eyed christians--pretty much the opposite of a Jewish person--Used during the Holocaust) a few times which...really is a stab.

I've been raised Catholic, but with all honesty haven't been very religious since I was 11 at the oldest (I'm 18 now). There's a lot about the bible I don't believe in and a lot the church teaches that I don't believe in.
But I see nothing wrong with this movie and I see no reason why anyone has to make a big deal about it.

I work at a restaurant right next to the theatre. Every day for the past two weeks swarms of people have come in just from the movie with tissue boxes and the just talk and talk about how great the movie was. I've also heard that it would have been better without the subtitles at all.
I've yet to see it since I've been fairly broke the past few....months T.T;;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zeke_hieis_girl
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actaully there was nothing wrong with the movie and in the movie there was nothing that wasnt in the real world. although it was really violent i thought it was a very good way to express what really happened and the love we all have some where in are hearts for the lord.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> TV & Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: