Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Naruto
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking around the anime/manga forum and, much to my suprise, noticed a Lack of a Naruto topic, so, now there is one. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I was looking around the anime/manga forum and, much to my suprise, noticed a Lack of a Naruto topic, so, now there is one.  [/quote]

Huzzah!! :: [b]Dives at Tyler and hugs him[/b] :: Thank ye for posting one! I thought we were going to be temperarily deprived of the Naruto goodness for some random length of time! Ah, you don't know how randomly buzzin' i am now! *yaay! A Naruto topic!*

Damn! I want one of those hidden leaf head-bands... If I could just have some skills in resistant materials, i'd make one! <_< Damn these useless hands! They probably sell them online somewhere... But where darnit!

Ahem! . . . . So, who's everyone's favourite and least favourite characters? As I've already written in that topic about Sasuke, I like Abumi Zaku, Aburame Shino, Aoi, Hagane Kotetsu, Hyuuga Neji, Itachi, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Kimimaru and Momochi Zabuza... I'm not that bigger fan of Sakura but I don't think that I [b]hate[/b] anyone as of now...

I just dig all the clothes in Naruto, I mean, they aren't some traditional Ninja getup but are instead some right bezzin' looking creations by Kishimoto that give the characters each their own original flair... I just can't get enough of those headbands! Grr!

I'm pretty intrested in the clans and birth traits that flow through people like Hyuuga Neji and Kakashi, I mean, the random eyes and clever history shows some really good character development on kishimoto's half. ^_^

Ah, and hope you don't mind Tyler, as you can tell, I put my own result in that naruto-kun test in my siggy...
lucifer
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm around epsiode 100 of the anime. I rent instead of download, do not ask me why.

I'm whereever the latest American Shonen Jump is at in the manga.

I like Kakashi. I hate Sakura...she's just really annoying.

^^ I have a Konoha Ninja Headband and Konoha Ninja Wrist Bands. Bought them all in China for $3 USA money. WOOHOO! I love cheap labor!!!!!! And by the time I hear about any anime, it's out of style in Asia(though now I am learning of animes faster) and on sale as the storekeepers need to get rid of it to let in another new big anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]^^ I have a Konoha Ninja Headband and Konoha Ninja Wrist Bands[/quote]

Mwah? :ph34r: I.... You lucky sod! I desperatly want one, lol... Wait... They sell them on ebay! *eyes water* My gawd! i'm fecking buying one! In fact... i'm buying loads! :ph34r:

I'm happily buying the manga at the momment though, at my own pace, y'know?

I really kinda dislike Sakura though, she is like, only there for dudes to drool over and she is so annoying and despite being a main character, barely contributes... I do however, like that whole inner Sakura thing...

Ah, can't be buggered to do a long post... i'll write more tommorow!

--Saito
Saru-chan
My First Post!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF? Everyone loves Inner Sakura...Anyways, I love Gaara, just love him. ^_^ That website with the Character Test says I'm Naruto. WTF? Always with Naruto I am. I'm at least a little quieter than him. But that site kicks ass. Thanks for indirectly introducng it to me. ^_^
lucifer
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Punked_up_Wolf (Saito Ayame)"] [quote]^^ I have a Konoha Ninja Headband and Konoha Ninja Wrist Bands[/quote]

Mwah? :ph34r: I.... You lucky sod! I desperatly want one, lol... Wait... They sell them on ebay! *eyes water* My gawd! i'm fecking buying one! In fact... i'm buying loads! :ph34r:

I'm happily buying the manga at the momment though, at my own pace, y'know?

I really kinda dislike Sakura though, she is like, only there for dudes to drool over and she is so annoying and despite being a main character, barely contributes... I do however, like that whole inner Sakura thing...

Ah, can't be buggered to do a long post... i'll write more tommorow!

--Saito [/quote]
Inner Sakura rocks, but everything else is annoying. Through the beginning she's always like, "Sasuke-kun! Sasuke-kun! Sasuke-Kun!" rargh! It's like a rabid fan girl incarnate!
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]It's like a rabid fan girl incarnate![/quote]

Gah, I couldn't agree with you more, I mean, we suffer from rabid Sasuke fan girls enough in real life, we don't need Sakura to flaunt it further... . . . . Oh well, it was kind of amusing at first, but like quite a few things, it soon got on my nerves.

[quote]But that site kicks ass.[/quote]

That it does! It's got enough info to keep me busy for a good half an hour and the animated gifs make good avatars. Thank ye Tyler!

[quote]Always with Naruto I am[/quote]

Meh, it's not so bad, I reckon he's a pretty good one to get, I mean, he always strives to do better and stuff... I wasn't sure about getting Neji, I mean he's pretty cool, but I'd have liked to get someone else. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you answer tests truthfully, you don't always get the characters you want... ^_^

Ah, and now I'm gonna buy Naruto goodies like the headbands, 'n' noboady can stop me! [insert evil laugh here] I also have seen some pretty good looking Doujinshi that I [b]really[/b] want... So little money in me purse though... Then again, who dosen't - as you said, love cheap labour? I do! The only problem is shipping costs.

I kind of wish I could subscribe to Shonen Jump, but they don't do it in England, I have to get everything shipped from someplace or another. <_<

Ah well, if I get my act togehter and finish learning to read Japanese, I can get the stuff I want from Japan!

--Saito
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you want to see a lot of REALLY good GIFS/avatars, go to the Naruto section of Anime suki forums and click the Naruto Gif request thread

Incredible work, but most of it is from 100-126

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php...?t=26879&page=1

The thread was 22 pages long at the time in which i posted this :ph34r:

[quote]I kind of wish I could subscribe to Shonen Jump, but they don't do it in England, I have to get everything shipped from someplace or another.[/quote]

Most Manga you can actually just download a translation.

I read the manga at www.narutofan.com
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]f you want to see a lot of REALLY good GIFS/avatars, go to the Naruto section of Anime suki forums and click the Naruto Gif request thread[/quote]

Hey, they're actually pretty good! Hn, I'll probably stick with my Itachi one for a tad bit longer, I mean, I've changed my avatar five times this week alrady, maybe next week, lol. It's on page forty something now, sheesh!

[quote]Most Manga you can actually just download a translation.
I read the manga at www.narutofan.com[/quote]

I guess, but i have to admit, I definatly prefer actually having and holding a crisp graphic novel chocked full of chapters, one that you can pick up and flick through, you know? I mean, the ttranslations are usually better too...

I can't wait to get some doujinshi, some of it looks [b]reallly[/b] good! Yaay! I need to join ebay and place a bid down on some sometime, save up some money. I wonder if they sell Naruto graphic novels in the travelling man in York... It's worth a look, I guess. ^_^

I didn't realise till now that Gaara was so popular, a lot of people really like him, heh, I'm slow on the times, always have been, always will be!

Ah, and I've also gained a little cash due to it being Easter, like hell i'm spending it on eggs! Naruto sh*t, here I come!
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I didn't realise till now that Gaara was so popular, a lot of people really like him, heh, I'm slow on the times, always have been, always will be!
[/quote]

Sad childhood + angry + power = Instant popularity!

*coughsasukecough*

[quote]Ah, and I've also gained a little cash due to it being Easter, like hell i'm spending it on eggs! Naruto sh*t, here I come! [/quote]

try http://www.japanimation.com/cgi-lbin/goto....id=9074343.5546 ^_^ not sure if the link will work though...

LOTS of good anime apparal
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Sad childhood + angry + power = Instant popularity![/quote]

Heh, yeah, i'm hearing ya, people rally seem to like the whole angsty characters thing, I personally don't see the fuss, I mean, some badass personality is really prtty koo, but when the character is moody and all 'Gary-Stu' on us, it goes all out to annoy me. I mean, I see the appeal, I just don't share it. . . . .

[quote]*coughsasukecough*[/quote]

Definatly, he and Gaara are like the same breed, y'know, the instant chaotic and moody guys that all the ordinary fan-girls want. They're both pretty koo. at times though... ^_^

[quote]try http://www.japanimation.com/cgi-lbin/goto....id=9074343.5546 not sure if the link will work though...[/quote]

Ah! Tyler, you [b]KING![/b] That's just the type of thing I was looking for, plus it's safer than ebay! Woohoo! ::[b]Second dive hug aimed at Tyler[/b]:: Yaay! There's almost everthing on there excluding some of the nifty headbands and such! ([i]y'know, like the other clans[/i])

[quote]LOTS of good anime apparal[/quote]

You ain't kidding! Not too sure about the dragonball z and Yugioh costumes though, they scare the beeziazazz outta me, lol. Nasty wigs! (The Naruto merchindise is well good though! ^_^ )

[b]Edit::[/b]

[i]I randomly decided to take the Nauto-kun test again, I actually prefer this one, so I'm putting it in my sig instead... Wheee![/i]
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]people rally seem to like the whole angsty characters thing[/quote]

and yet, everyone hates Zabuza
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]and yet, everyone hates Zabuza [/quote]

Yeah, what's up with that? I mean, I'm one of the strange gals out there who actually [b]likes[/b] Zabuza, but I reckon he's cool because he is a completely dark character, someone that has surpassed anti-social and is basically a little evil. He is willing to kill people who get on his war path - even kids, like Naruto. Through Haku, however, we see he has a soft, gooey, strawberry inside and that he basically shows his love in small but substantial ways... He cries darnit! My heart went out for him, I even reckon deep down he's a pretty good guy and if you somehow managed it, he would make a good freind. ^_^

Sasuke and those like him - they act badass for their own little reasons and have some kind of devil-may-care attitude that really annoys me. They are constantly looking for a fight, and as soon as you get a sighting of '[i]that soft strawberry centre[/i]' they instantly revert to "I have to kill so and so' or 'I have a world threatening mission that I must do alone'. They are characters that are better off being left alone [b]because[/b] they are so anti-social. I go into Naruto mode sometimes and scream :: [b]WHY IS IT ALWAYS SASUKE!?[/b]

Well, it's obvious why, but still, others like Zabuka and co should get a little limelight.

--Saito
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking around anime suki's naruto forum and found something hilarious

[quote]Greetings, everyone. Herere a few thoughts on what computer viruses modeled after Naruto characters would do...hopefully youll find this bit of whimsy amusing. Cheers.

Kakashi: Makes the infected computer display a page from whatever book he reads for two minutes after startup, then opens up a dialogue box with a completely ridiculous excuse.

Iruka: Causes the infected computer to display messages reminding the user to do his/her work every half an hour. If the user works for more than two hours straight, it causes the infected computer to display a picture of a bowl of ramen.

Zabuza: Makes the infected computers screen go completely white and proceeds to delete key files.

Haku: Turns the infected computers fan up so high the water in the surrounding air starts to freeze.

Hinata: Causes the infected computer to hesitate for a few seconds before each action.

Neji (pre-Chuunin Exam): Displays a message saying That action is fated to fail. Why do you struggle so much against your fate? whenever the user runs a program.

Shikamaru: Makes the infected computer report that it has half as much available RAM and processing speed as it actually does, ignores inputs from the user, and sets the desktop to a picture of clouds.

Chouji: Triples the infected computers power draw, and, on laptops, renames the battery the Barbeque Grill.

Ino: Causes the infected computers screen to flash, and then displays dialogue boxes ordering you to do things like clean the display or dust off the keyboard.

Jiraiya: Makes the computer ask the user if he/she is female, and if the user answers yes, displays shamelessly flirtatious messages.

Gaara: Causes the infected computer to play sound files of someone rasping There isnt enough...BLOOD! whenever the user opens a program that isnt a violent computer game.

Tayuya: Edits the computers error messages so that every third word is obscene.

That's all I can come up with for now...I might add some more if ideas pop into my head. One last note...I know some of these wouldn't exactly work, so please don't post stuff saying that Virus X is totally unrealistic. And if any of you out there get one of these, don't blame me. [/quote]

interesting, no? I found this to be quite funny
yuyuyasha33
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
[quote]I didn't realise till now that Gaara was so popular, a lot of people really like him, heh, I'm slow on the times, always have been, always will be![/quote]

Sad childhood + angry + power = Instant popularity![/quote]

I can't help it dammit. :wacko:

[/Gaaraslave]
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I can't help it dammit.[/quote]

Yeah, that's the beauty of it, people just can't help but turn into their raving fangirls. The formula never fails! ^_^ I do like them both, I just prefer the other peeps! ^_^

Ah! love ther virus thing! I read one for Rurouni Kenshin once, this is probably better though! Laughing The Kakashi and Jiraiya ones are the best though, I'd like having them viruses, it'd keep me entertained for hours!

The Zabuza one sounds nasty... My old comp. did that once, crashed the whole blummin' thing, I lost all me pretty files and scans! My dad already fills in the Iruka one though, my brother is so the Gaara one (what a psyco <_< ) because whenever I'm playing a half descent game, he forces me on sommit like doom.

[quote]Shikamaru: Makes the infected computer report that it has half as much available RAM and processing speed as it actually does, ignores inputs from the user, and sets the desktop to a picture of clouds[/quote]

Now that one, I love Razz pure class! Exactly true an' all.

Well done on finding that one 'n' cheers for posting it here! ^_^

--Saito
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does antbody else like the fourth end theme (Alive) or is it just me?

Cause i've heard a lot of complaints about it...
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Does antbody else like the fourth end theme (Alive) or is it just me?
Cause i've heard a lot of complaints about it... [/quote]

I actually haven't heard it, you see, i've never actually seen the anime, only read the manga... then again, I guess I could listen to it online at some point or other by downloading it and what have you.

I took your advice though, I decided to read Naruto off the net and am reading it off [b]NarutoCentral.com[/b] now. It's fecking great but some of the translations are a little strange. I've read up to chapter 135 or something now! [u]Woo![/u] I'll admit, now I reckon Kankuro and Nara Shikamaru are damn Koo characters.

I hadn't realised how honarable Shikamaru was, plus, with him being so damn lazy, he just makes a fecking koo character all around. I, however, have no good reason for liking Kankuro, I guess he reminds me a little of Tomo in Fushigi Yuugi - In a good way... Still, the reason eludes me, so I'll put it down to randomness. It's strange for me to like so many characters in one manga... Oh well, I guess it's cause they are well developed or something.

Nah, I think I'm on a good one with Naruto, It's enjoyable to read and watch plus the characters are likable and well developed... And it has a massive fanbase. It means that as of yet I have plenty of stuff on the net that I haven't looked at yet that i can go onto enjoying at any point...

I only wish that my computor had [i]Real player[/i] on it, I can't see Naruto in the UK so I wanna see it on the net... I wonder if they have it in [i]quicktime[/i] anywhere... *shrugs* Oh well...
yuyuyasha33
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Yeah, that's the beauty of it, people just can't help but turn into their raving fangirls.[/quote]

:wacko: Indeed. THE SYSTEM NEVER FAILS! *brain liquifies*

Ooh, I heard Alive and it's remix. I personally think it kicks ass. :huh:
Punked_up_Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Indeed. THE SYSTEM NEVER FAILS! *brain liquifies*[/quote]

Heh, how true, I like him more then previously now I have read further in...
Ah! I found out the Make out paradise volume collection!

[b]Volume 1:[/b] Ichaicha Paradaisu, AKA: Make out paradise
[img]http://x2.putfile.com/4/9305195639.jpg[/img]

[b]Volume 2:[/b] Ichaicha Baiorensu, AKA: Make out violence
[img]http://x2.putfile.com/4/9305221862.jpg[/img]

[b]Volume 3:[/b] Ichaicha Takuteikusu, AKA: Make out tactics
[img]http://x2.putfile.com/4/9305212238.jpg[/img]

I was stuhmed by that one! Now I know all three! Woo!

I also listened to 'alive' today... I thought it was pretty good! nothing groundbreaking but it was definatly better than some of the other songs... Sheesh! I liked 'Naruto's main theme' most though, it has real strong old Japanese influences as well as a good beat.

i'm up to about chapter 155 now in the manga! It's sweeeeet!

And also, because this is my 50th post, i'll grant you all the four editions of the yearly Japanese Naruto contests!

1. Hatake Kakashi - 22,692
2. Uzumaki Naruto - 16,729
3. Uchiha Sasuke - 13,674
4. Iruka Sensei - 7,128
5. Haruno Sakura - 3,055
6. Rock Lee - 2,327
7. Gaara - 1,353
8. Haku - 1,302
9. Zabuza - 756
10. Hyuga Hinata - 553
11. Anko - 332
12. Neji - 289
13. Kurenai - 217
14. Gai - 216
15. Orochimaru - 199
16. Ibiki - 174
17. Asuma - 165
18. Kishimoto - 157
19. Inari - 156
20. Konohamaru - 143
21. Kiba - 135
22. Kabuto - 110
23. Sound Nins - 107
24. Tenten - 89
25. Nine-Tails - 72
26. Temari - 71
27. Shikamaru - 66
28. Kankuro - 62
29. Ebusa - 55
30. Ino - 53

[u][b]2nd poll[/u][/b]

1. Uzumaki Naruto
2. Hatake Kakashi
3. Iruka Sensei
4. Uchiha Sasuke
5. Rock Lee
6. Hyuga Hinata
7. Gaara
8. Gekkou Hayate
9. Gamabunta-sama
10. Jiraiya
11. Haku
12. The 4th
13. Hyuga Neji
14. Haruno Sakura
15. Zabuza

[u][b]3rd poll:[/u][/b]

1. Hatake Kakashi
2. Uzumaki Naruto
3. Iruka Sensei
4. Uchiha Sasuke
5. Nara Shikamaru
6. Hyuga Hinata
7. Gaara
8. Rock Lee
9. Haruno Sakura
10. Hyuga Neji
11. Uchiha Itachi
12. Aburame Shino
13. Maito Gai

[u][b]4th poll:[/u][/b]

1. Uzumaki Naruto
2. Hatake Kakashi
3. Uchiha Sasuke
4. Nara Shikamaru
5. Umino Iruka
6. Hyuuga Neji
7. Rock Lee
8. Gaara
9. Uchiha Itachi
10. Haruno Sakura
11. Jiraiya
12. Hyuuga Hinata

I love how it seems Naruto and Kakashi are warring to have the top spot each year... Although it confuses me, how the hell does Iruka stay at the top? Hn, I'm not sure I'd agree on them, but some of them seem right to me... Heh, maybe we should hold our own popularity poll sometime... I doubt many people would vote though.

Well, I shall reply as soon as you peeps do!

--Saito

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: