Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Critique The Picture Above You.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twinstar
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left a comment on your Reves Plesants and Monstres une pic. I really liked that one. They looked so peaceful in that pic. Nice job on it.

I know you said you didn't need anyone doing any of your pics, but I felt like it anyway ^_^ There's no sense in repeating what I've said on the pic so I'll just move on to the pic that I choose.

I choose this one. It's my newest one and I'm very proud of it :wub: ^_^ (for FMA fans)
Touzoku-joou
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-kaaay...

[u]The Good[/u]: You seem to have cel-shading down pretty well, and the silhouette in the background is lovely too. You also have the wrinkles in his... skort... thing... pretty good too. The eyes are also nice. :3

[u]Needs improving[/u]: Proportions. I know it's supposed to be chibi-ish, but proportions can still come into play. The right leg (our left) is longer than the other leg. Also, his arms are too long. They're good arms, but they'd work better on a non-chibi. If he were to put them down, they'd go past the knees! Laughing
Now, I know that it IS a chibi, but his cheek just seems to jut out and then disappear. D: I think it would look much better if you were to end the cheek a bit closer in so we can actually see it.

Yes. D:

HAVE FUN.
Smexykage-sama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Touzoku-joou (??)"] HAVE FUN. [/quote]
I love the mood of the drawing and the fact you used traditional materials. The grain of the paper is really beautiful! And the shading is nice and detailed (as in the hair and the feathers). I really think this is a pretty good drawing. I am absolutely a sucker for good pencilart!

The only point of critique I have is that the face is kinda off at some points, the character lacks chin and the lips are kinda in a strange position if you see the placing of the nose. Also the lips need more depth, as well as the eyes. Maybe the head is a little bit too small.

Rating: 4/5

Enjoy
(little warning: it contains yaoi-references, but no offensive parts)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Meredianna
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinstar:I think her foot should touch the ground ;__; other than that it's a nice pic ^_^ ...*I'm supposed to critique the picture above me but didn't refresh x_x;*

smexykage-sama: lol it's funny xD but gaara's fingers in the first panel are a lil bit big

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5851/saso...nditachi1en.jpg

I think itachi's head is small *the dude on the left* what do you think? Uneasy
LefseNinja
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they both look very nice. I'm not familiar with the characters, but Itachi's head looks fine to me. Are you going to be coloring them or are they just random sketchy-things? I think they would look nice colored, you have good lineart to work from.
4/5

Now, if someone could critique this one. I dressed 'em up pretty for Valentine's Day. Very Happy
OMNI-X
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jesse!

Nice work on the two FF guys. Nice to see them in something new other than the usual drab that they have on, on just about every fanart I see them in.

Good Points:
- the colors are nicely done. Very light, and very appropriate for the theme that you are using (Valentine).
- again, the change of clothes is a nice touch and change from the usual.

Room For Improvement:
- proportions. Vincent is especially 'off' particularly in the neck area.
- a little color depth in some areas can make this pic better. darker colors can be added to areas where there should be a little shadow.

Overall, not a bad piece. It's a nice refreshing take on two very adored characters. It can use very minor improvements, to make it look better.

Here's mine.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/OmniX614/My%20Fanart/GetterRoboGColorThumb.jpg[/img]

This is a collaborative work between me (line work), and Rex-203 (colors) of the Robot-Japan Message Boards.
Twinstar
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ****!!! That is completey awesome!!! W00t! There isn't anything I can find wrong with this pic. The colouring is spectacular. The details are just amazing and flawless. I love the details in the axe as well. I think it's really neat and creative.
Well, one thing I can suggest, is with the cape on the red guy, maybe next time you can make the waves in the cape, more curved, instead of jagged. I think that's all I can think of. Your piece is great and it's left me pretty much speechless. W00t! :wub: Very Happy

umm....maybe someone could critique this one. For FMA fans ^_^
Parfait
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the best Ed fanarts I've seen. o_o *awed* AND it's realistic too, which makes it even better! I love the soft coloring and lines you did for this piece. The blending of colors is also great. It's a simple picture, but still amazing none-the-less.

But I think the proportions of the face are a little off. Where his right eye is on the further side, there should probably be a little more of his face instead of it ending directly at his eye. Also the nose looks a little off and it seems too big toward the end. Anyway, great piece.

I would like some critique on this since it's my second CG and first that has some detail.
LefseNinja
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my! This is an absolutely beautiful picture! I love the colors, the pose, the shading, the pretty much everything! :wub:
The only things that I could point out that you might change would be:

1. Her left hand (on top of her head) looks a little strange to me. I think it's the fingers. It seems like the side of the hand is big, and then the pinky is tiny. Maybe it's just me.

2. You could add some more highlights, like to her hair and little coat-thing. There's an extra-sparkly spot on her stomach and face, but nowhere else, so maybe you could add some more highlighting. It looks like you used about two levels of shading/highlighting on her hair and clothes, and more on her skin and eyes.
Otherwise, it's beautiful. Smile

Just my opinion. I'm definitely not an expert, so don't get [i]too[/i] mad if you think I'm totally off the mark. ^_^

Okay, let's see...
How about this one?
I drew it mostly for fun. I'm currently sort of obsessed with drawing shirtless guys, so I'm trying to get my male anatomy-drawing skills up to par. Laughing
I need all the critiques I can get!
OMNI-X
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jessie!

The Sephiroth out of the shower pic is nice. Nice job on shading the character, and that's a very... how do they call it... [i]Bishoujo[/i] face Seph's got. It's a good pose too, especially if you have that 'shampoo' ad going there.

Strong Points:
- good use of pencil shading
- good job on the face. Girls love the Bishi look very much
- nice work on the muscle definitions

Room For Improvement:
- proportions. Several areas on Seph's body are out of proportion, namely the neck (too wide when Seph isn't a bulky-muscular guy), torso is too skinny, and the left arm looks swollen.
- Sephiroth's 6-pack is a tad off position, a little too much to Sephiroth's right.
- Needs a little work on muscle separation. The Left arm looks continuous from the shoulder to the elbow. No separation of the deltoid and bicep area.

Overall, nice work but can still use a few tweaks here and there to make it a better than it is. Very Happy

Now, here's my piece.

Mazin-Girls: Beach Buns

This is an entry for a Fun-Draw contest we are having on another message board. The topic is "Human Interpretation of a Super Robot." Basically, we interpret how super robots would look like if they were human.

This is one of my very few works that I colored, and as I have said many times, I'm crap when it comes to coloring, so be gentle.
infurno
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its perty good.

there is alot of detail. thats awyays apreciated
the coloring isn't that bad. and you even added shadows.

I'm not shure whats bad.
except the background stops around there legs.

Here's mine
cowboy bebop's Ed

done on Photoshop. I took notes on how Ed looked and drew her.
SpasticPenguine

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, well not a lot is really wrong- though the colors are bit off. Looks like all you can do is practice and keep your lines a bit steadier.

Smile My latest work isn't bad, but I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to make it better.

Help with the coloring is much appreciated, since I sort of like the lineart better.
reityhe
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty nice, he seems a little thin though... but thats kingdom hearts style (make everyone look bulimic...) but youre very great.
how about these?
http://www.fanart-central.net/user_thumb.p...php?aid=reityhe
PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. What program do you use?

Here's my picture!
Sorry about the way it came out. When I uploaded it, it was kind of fuzzy. Banghead
reityhe
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice pose! Laughing
i use ms paint ^_^
PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... are you going to post another picture now?
reityhe
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, how about here?
http://www.fanart-central.net/pic-412914.html
Leotaku
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Let's see if I can comment.

+The proportions are pretty accurate.
+The texture-ish thing on everything gives it a bit of a unique look, and keeps it from being too flat and basic.

-Actually, with her hand facing that way, she's not giving ME the finger, she's giving HERSELF the finger. ^^;;
-Nothing but that one hand has an outline, which kind of ruins the consistency for me. I suggest either having the whole thing outlined, or not have an outline on the hand.
-The blurriness of the head is distracting. Did you not feel like drawing a face? Or is that how you do hair? Or is it something else?

Alrighty. Um...I dunno, how 'bout this one from me?
http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures.php?pid=416460
[url=http://www.myspace.com/leotaku]Myspace[/url]
PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I was just checking out that picture a minute ago. That's a sweet picture.

Daredevil!
SpasticPenguine

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say you did an EXCELLENT job on coloring and shading as well as expression. But I do have a few pointers, all doing with anatomy.

I'll start at the top and go down. It doesn't really appear you gave him a neck, or if you did it's pretty short. I don't know how to say exactly what's wrong with that particular area I'm afraid, but I know there's something that doesn't look right about it. As for the arms, their probably the most off part of the picture. On the left side, the arm starts out thin and gets gradually thicker- it's supposed to be the other way around, and the arm on the right side is very long and a bit deformed. Another body part your Daredevil lacks is shoulders, their hardly there. It looks like you moved right from the head into the arms. And, lastly the right leg position doesn't make any sense, but it's not too badly off.

Sorry if that was harsh, it was a very well done picture Smile

Here's my picture I want critisim for. I know there's some anatomical problems, but I don't exactly know what they are. WARNING: There is nudity, though tasteful in this picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Artistic Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: