Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey anybody out there read comics? some of my favorites are:

X-Treme X-men
Exiles
Mystique
JTHM & I Feel Sick
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Spider-man (i've only read the first few issues tho)

Also some stuff i read that's out of print:

Excalibur
Generation X
Old Uncanny X-Men (when the team had Storm, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Wolverine)

yea, so... obviously i'm a rather big x-men fan. i have read other comics, but i wasn't able to get into them as much as x-men. at the moment, i'm especially digging the Mystique series. there are only 4 or 5 issues (i think) but the story is just so good. also, i recently started reading Exiles, which is really great. if you haven't, read it- the concept is unique, and the characters are very cool. plus: see Nightcrawler's daughter!!! Surprised gasp!
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its quite obvious that i too love x-men. mainly because of that avatar that seems to be on every 1 of my posts. hmm, u know, Gambit.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i know i had meant to comment on how cool your avatar was in another post, but i forgot. gambit is one of my favorite x-men (as can be deducted from my numerous drawings of him. altho i think i only have 3 on this site...). but are you a fan of the comics or just the show? i would guess the comics since he really isn't in the new show too much and wasn't in the movie at all ( Sad ).
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new show sux. im a fan of both comics and old show. also, thanx, i love this avatar too.

his name, remy lebeau, was seen on a computer screen in X2. when mystique was on the secret files or something. i wanted more. boo!
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know! i was like wow, cool it's gambit! but it was only for a second. i think he might be in the 3rd because for the 2nd movie, there were originally 2 scripts and gambit was in one of them, but when they combined the scripts, the only new characters kept were kurt (another favorite) and pyro and whoever else was in it. so HOPEFULLY this time gambit will make the final script.

yes the new show does suck. some of the animation is kind of cool, and of course kurt is still awesome, but the storylines are confusing and it's all about STUPID jean and scott (o, how i hate them). plus, they really messed up a lot of the characters. storm is lame (she's my [i]other[/i] favorite) and magneto is weird. i miss the old show (is it still shown on abc family?)

for now, i'm sticking with the comics.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. thats true, where was beast? grr
also, cyclops disapeared like, half way through the movie.
phoenix.....

yah, gambit was gonna be played by that 'young hercules' guy. i dunno, abc family sux. j/k
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha i know all of a sudden i thought "wait a minute, where's that annoying guy with one eye?" and beast did have a cameo- on the news they were interviewing dr. hank mcCoy. beast was going to be in it more, but the makeup and effects were too expensive (since they already had kurt and mystique with tons of makeup). i'm not a big beast fan, tho, so i didn't mind.

yes, i am pissed that the next movie will be all about the stupid phoenix thing. sorry, but i really hate jean grey. but it's funny because almost everyone thought jean had died at the end. i was like "no, you idiots. read the comics and you'll know that jean becomes phoenix and rises up and is all-powerful and then commits suicide to save the universe but comes back again because she NEVER GOES AWAY." they just stared at my blankly. i wonder why...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: