Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Colors!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everyone uses SOMETHING different.
Out of all the different ways to color a picture, what's your favorite and why?

I love Alcohol based markers like Copics. They just come out so nicely and you can blend and mix colors n.n they just feel right for me

you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KFelidae
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watercolours, both transparent and opaque. I use them like an ink wash, and they usually do the trick. If I want vibrant colours and don't want to dull the inking under it, I'll use coloured Sharpies instead -- as far as I know, coloured Sharpies don't fade like their darker cousins, so my drawings should be safe...

-KF
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prismacolor colored pencils. 'Cause as nice as some people make the "soft" look, I can't. I need my smooth, bold, blendable colors. Soft pastels are a close second, probably because they're so close to charcoal. Watercolor still refuses to behave, and I'm hopeless at anything digital.
DG-sama

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prismacolor pencils cause my favorite tecnique is white pencil blending, and you just can't do that with hard leaded pencils like crayola (well actually you can but it doesn't really com out the same way as with prismas). Plus you can get some very nice vibrant colors with them.

God damn you signature WORK!
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how you feel about watercolors, Fallen T.T;;; they just don't like me

DG n.n you know what you should try?
Get a "colorless blender" copic marker and use it like you would a white prismacolor pencil.
it's....AWESOME n.n try it out!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CheetahSmith
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Primsa Colored pencils. They come in a wide range of colors, are easy to use, and you can creat fantastic effects with them. They have good, solid and bold colors, and for me, they are very comfortable to use. They're also rather durable.

I also like using Photoshop 6, because you can produce absolutely gorgeous artwork with it. and it's fun to expreriment with. ^^

Watercolors and otehr various paints are nice, but they do have the tendicy to disobey. You can still achieve nice, transparent effects with watercolors though.

Chalk pastels are fun too. ^^
rikus_luver
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lik Prisma Color the best. they r so brit and colorful.

i also lik the markers so u can mak ur pics brit and beautiful
Thirteen_Black_Roses
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, lets bring the topic back to life.

I like colored pencils, but I'm still trying to find a brand I like. Currently all I have is a set of Roseart pencils that are a coupld years old. I'm either gonna get crayola or prismas once I'm back at school, or maybe I'll try both and see which I perfer.

I've tried OpenCanvas for computer coloring, and I like it, but all I had was a demo and the trial period expired. I've also used MS Paint. I hate MS Paint.
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm they don't sell copic or prisma colours here I think. Well i've never seen them. For anime/manga style things I like digital painter 8 or OC is the programme for me though I still need practice. Actually I prefer to work in mech pencil detail and then add a colour tint on say photoshop its so easy.
For art that isn't anime/manga such as gravestones or skulls or gothic archways I just love pastels and graphites and acrylics. But Pastels are my love messy as hell but turn out really nice. I also love using indian ink if I want a rough or sketchy look.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black and white chalk pastels are wonderful because they cover so much more area than pencils in a single stroke, leaving less icky lines. My favorite material for the blackest black is vine charcoal. It breaks really easily, but it can really make an image stand out.
Nyah
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but I prefer colours when you're doing old gothic archways and things X33 they blend so beautifully and easily but you can do some great creepy un nerving stuff with Indian ink and oil pastel or all three. That's like all I used for my last project which was based on death.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
plungergirl
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I just have plain old Crayola and Laurentian pencil crayons... I still need to invest in some Prismacolors... saw a REALLY nice set at an art store... they were over $200, though... yipes!! So yeah...
Gameglitch
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have a jumbled up box of pencil crayons of different makes.... I bought a cheap no name brand not too long ago they seem to be not bad for cheap stuff... but not quite as good as crayola or laurentien etc. Beware of 3 star brands their BAD. I find myself use mechanical pencils more. Detail is very fine. I use the occasional dark art pencils (prang brand) for filling dark areas in for a pencil sketch. I also use bald point pens (onyx brand) and felt pens (exspresso) for black inking. Use no name stuff as well. It seems that the exspresso brand gets bleached yellow if left in the sun too long.... Some pens seem more resistant. I like to make print out copies for display rather then the original drawing, as it seems printer ink is resistant to the sun. And seems to not fade or go yellow (or at least very little). But time will tell if it will do the same thing after beeing on the wall for a long time. The nice thing is I can just make another copy if it does. Well I could Rattle on some more but I think enough for now.. ^_^
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it yellows, it means the product was not archival quality, either the drawing items and/or paper. If it's not, the drawing will yellow/fade with or without the sun; it'll just take a little longer. Sad
TwinBlade
My First Post!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a lot of stuff. Prismacolor color pencils, Prismacolor markers, Le Plume markers, Pilot pens, sometimes Crayola Super Tips, KOH-I-NOOR colored pencils and gel pens.
Dogss
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watercolors and India ink....thats all I like to use. Sometimes I'll use say...colored pencil...that turns out good sometimes. I tried Markers but they just didn't work out. I just love using paints!! Coloring with Photoshop is fun too....but I'm only playin' with that for now.
CheshireGoddess
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i could blend with any kind of colors @___@ recently i am having troubles with blending colors on Open Canvas <_<
majohime
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't have many experiences with coloring things with different product but i've used prisma colorpencils and they're really nice. i recently bought a prisma color blender and the color looks smoother than ever ^_^ and i bought two prisma markers the sameday to try it out....no luck with that so far.....watercolors, never actually tried to use it on any of my drawings. i just painted some crap when i was younger and had nooo interst for drawing Razz and now i can't find them in my house...or maybe my brother took them....and i like only found 3 old, dried out, ones <_< besides those, i used charcole in art classes when i was in middle school and it came out very smooth looking. but i don't have them so i just use pencils. . . . .
Lite_Schakal
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use faber castel coloring pencils, a brush and water for coloring. (^__^)
First I draw what I need with the pencils and then put water on it with a brush, so I don't have to use real watercolors.
My China Ink got old, and all my other black fine line markers are dry! (>.<) And I'm all out of money...
Celtic_Guardian_Gurl
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm stuck using Crayola colored pencils, but lately, I've been doing stuff on the comp ^__^ I mainly use OpenCanvas, but I have Photoshop also. I can't figure out how to work it, but it's still there.

I want Prisma colors, but they're a bit too expensive for me. I can hardly afford a new set of Crayolas, much less Prismacolor @.@ Here it's about $15 for a 12 pack of them and so couldn't even hope to get the 72 set.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Art Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: