Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Complaint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngelRaye

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow all of my Sailor Moon pictures have been put into the sub-category Sailor Moon Chibis. Now a lot of my pictures are Chibi drawings so I don't mind those being in that category. But I have many pictures that aren't Chibi drawings and they are being placed there. I have gone and edited them changing the category back to Sailor Moon but then they are getting put back into the Sailor Moon Chibis category. Is there anyway to fix this? I don't want my pictures in the Sailor Moon Chibis category when they aren't Chibi drawings.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your sailor moon pictures have been placed there based on the opinion of 2 category cleanup members. When you put the chibi pictures back into the main sailor moon category you are clogging it up. All of your pictures look to be chibi. This is not just my opinion. However if you really want to move a few of them then at least move them into the PROPER category. If you take a moment to look you will see that there are categories for single scouts now. If you draw jupiter.. put it in sailor jupiter section. Understand?
AngelRaye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they're not all Chibis and if you want my opinion on your answer I think it's because you hate my drawings and have complained that I clutter up the Sailor Moon section. So I would appreciate it if you would let me keep those that aren't Chibi in the Sailor Moon section. Maybe my pictures aren't as good as yours but I do work hard on them.
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>.> <.< ><
your pics are good and i like them...just some of them do look like chibis and you had said in the pictures that this and that are chibis.....

does it really matter wat catagory they're in as long as it says sailormoon and such...i mean...ya it should go under sailormoon charactar but does it matter if it says chibi or not?.... WTF?

That's just my opinion....and you shouldn't compare yourself to other people...you draw how you draw...carter draws how she/he/it draws and thats that....

well..if you would like to slap me your welcomed to but im just saying my opinion...

cyaz

dragon :ph34r:
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngelRaye get over yourself. I critisized your drawings a long long long time ago. Take a look in the sailor moon category. Those that are sailor moon and do not look chibi are there... even the lowest.. LOWEST quality pictures are there. As long as they fit into that specific category. Doodles done on lined paper lookn like a 5 year old drew them have been left there. Why? Because they are in their proper category.

Now read the above two comments. They agree. I'm not picking on you. I put them in the chibi category because that is what they looked like NOT ONLY TO ME, but to another cleanup member. Like I said in my first post here go ahead and move some of ur jupiter ones and such.. BUT MOVE THEM INTO THE PROPER CATEGORY!!!! Sailor Jupiter goes under sailor moon-sailor scouts-sailor jupiter..I spent hours going through all those sailor moon pictures and it's a real piss off to go back and see that people have just changed the pictures back. Wouldn't that annoy you just slightly?

And I find it a little more than insulting that you would think that my personal opinion of someones art would cause me to go out of my way to move their stuff. And I really Don't think that being in the chibi category is all that bad. Your stuff does look really chibi... and you make more chibi than anyone else so you have an entire category to yourself pretty much...the category might as well be changed to angelraye/chibis... So I really don't see what the big deal is.
AngelRaye

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record the e-mail you sent offended me. I found it very rude. With what you have said in your so-called criticisms you can't blame me for saying what I concluded about the e-mail. I did move my pictures into the proper category; Sailor Mars, Sailor Mercury etc. I do not want drawings that aren't Chibi in the Chibi drawings. And I certainly don't appreciate you saying that the category might as well be angelraye/chibi.
Maybe you need to watch how you word things and be a bit more tactful.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How in the world would you find that to be offensive? Think hard about it. I said that most of the stuff in that category was your own work, seeing as how you draw a lot of chibi's. It was said as a joke dear. And I don't know how you got a negative message from that.

And about the email I sent you, it was not rude at all. It said almost exactly what my first message in this thread said. And if you think that is rude then I could really care less. Maybe you need to stop being so sensitive. I'm not in the mood to deal with you today or any day. In case you havn't noticed i've left your chibi drawings in the new categories you have put them in. You put a few in the wrong category but you are forgiven for that.

And you know about the comments I left on your drawings a year ago? I apologized for my harsh wording back then and I'm not going to say sorry for something that happened a long ass time ago AGAIN.

When you come on here saying the email I sent you was very rude, it comes across like I said some horrible things in that email. So maybe you should watch how you word things. As for you thinking that I'm just picking on you, ya might want to consider that you are the only person on this site that I have ever critisized. And have I commented on any of your pictures since then? NO. Like I said there are a lot of smoon pics up that I don't like, and some I moved and some I left... because good or bad they are to go in their proper categories. I'm a nice person, and I don't need you trying to make others think I have a personal vendetta against you.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meow.

For the record, having only your own work in a category shouldn't be taken as an insult. Otherwise, the Poison and Guns n' Roses sections might as well be renamed after me. (actually, Gn'R might as well be renamed "axl rose" since it's the only one in there so far, but who's being picky)
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know.. a little catty. Don't f*ck with me today Wink I ain't in the mood.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, here is the email layzcarter sent angelraye as it was forwarded to me by angelraye with her comments. I don’t think it’s overly offensive or rude

[quote]layzcarter (Lynda) has sent you this email from http://www.fanart-central.net/forums/index.php.

I have recently cleaned up the sailor moon section. The pictures have been put in different categories based on the opinion of a few of the category cleanup members. Stop moving stuff back to the sailor moon category. It is just clogging it up.[/quote]

AngelRaye, you are bring overly sensitive to this. You do have a somewhat SD/chibi style. Personally I like it, but if you don’t want people to think they are chibis use a more realistic style. Attached is a pic with different levels of chibi I found somewhere a long time ago.

This isn't a personal attack. Several people are agreeing to the classification and if you want them out of chibi you were told that’s fine as long as you put them in the subcategory for that senshi. layzcarter has individually moved 737 pics. Not every one will necessarily make it in the optimal category.

"the category might as well be changed to angelraye/chibis"
You are about the only person to draw Sailor Moon in that style. It’s an old series, not as many people draw it anymore. For the record, you draw 79% of the sailor moon chibi drawings.

The category cleanup crew is doing their best to make the system better. If you disagree with their decisions fine, but their is no reason to get this upset over it.

Regarding the "It is just clogging it up." we are trying to keep any one category from getting too large by splitting up its contents to subcategories.
AngelRaye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record I never recieved your apology layzcarter.
As for being overly sensitive maybe I am but my father died recently and it doesn't take much to upset me these days. I am not saying that to get sympathy but to let you see where I am coming from.
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...even denis got in on this little dispute...
(i like that pic u left of the different forms thingys denis Razz )

anyway im sry for u AngelRaye, but doesn't mean that u can take it out on other people who are just trying to keep the site orderly and neat so it doesn't go all crazy and byebye on us again...

well....i dun know what else to write so ill just be on my way now...

cyaz

AngelRaye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just drop it now. I got ticked off because I don't want my pictures that aren't suppose to be Chibi in that category. I know I need to work on my drawings so the heads aren't so big but it's hard. If anyone wants to give me some pointers I put up a post in the tips category. Actually I removed some of my pics today because I can't stand looking at them anymore.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, just for the record, i was that other category clean up member. *shrugs and blushes shyly* Did i do that? Any how, yeah, you did take it to personally. And im sorry to hear about your dad but they are two differnet things, (not to sound insensitive or anything) so yeah.

And carter has been working her ass off on that section, and i know her pain *acts dramtic* for i spent the same amount of time as she cleaning up another damned section. And trust me, when you spend that long looking at one thing trying to clean it up and get it in the right place, you tend to get a little moody about it. In fact, you just kind wish you could smack the persons who put all that stuff in that wrong place *rolls eyes* but i think anyone would after spending hours upon hours on one damn anime *mumbles*

But now it's over, it's not the big of a deal, and in the end, no one cares that much.

Any tips on drawing un chibified characters? Go to animewallpapers.com, look at those and sit there trying to draw the faces for a couple of hours while looking at them. It's real good practice. Still hard though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AngelRaye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent layzcarter an apology for overreacting. As for the other comments made to me I think I'll just keep my mouth shut.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay Angel. I see it from your point of view and i'm sure you see it from mine. Which is why i let your move some of them into the other categories. It's ur art and if you say it wasn't meant to be chibi.. then it isn't chibi. I got the apology and thankyou.
dragonsun5
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY everyone's happy now that everyone else kissed and made up Razz

corny yes i know...but i just had to say it....

anywayz...i wanna take a look at that site Lasher...see if i can improve my art...
u can never have enough practice of something...specially in art...

Hey angel...u still want those sailor pics for ur site?....i could try and draw a few...haven't drawn sailormoon pics in a long time....and the last time i did....>.> <.< >.< it was so horrible that i laughed at it when i looked at my art now and then....anyway...i have all the manga...yes yes...i was a big fan....since i was like 6...and i could always use them as references if u want poses and wat not...

cyaz

AngelRaye

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that would be great. My site is actually the daughters of the Senshi I created. They look a lot like their moms except with different hair colors. The reason why they are like that is because when I first started I had no scanner and zero talent so I had to use edited pictures. Anyway here is a picture of the daughters of the Inner Senshi. I'm not too picky about how the artists draw their pictures. I mean look at my work. I certainly am not the best artist in world. The only artwork I won't accept is stolen art. Someone tried to send me stolen art one time but I reported it to the artist. Anyway that would be great if you can do some pics for my site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> FAC Site Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: