Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Alienware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at some Alienware computers online the other day and, I must say, they look pretty awesome. However, it seems as though they're geared mainly towards the gamer-geeks. Is it really worth paying an arm and a leg for one if you're not a humongo game freak? (I was contemplating buying Morrowind for pc earlier today, however.) What else are they good for/better at doing than the competition etc etc?
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok 1> not only for geeks -_-

And I want one so bad.. I am pretty convinced they are only for gaming.. It's what they're designed for so yeah.. If you're only using it to work on or just to play a game once a week, don't bother with the cash.. If you are going to get really into gaming (especially online*drool*) you should get teh Alienware..

If you win it in a competition, sell it and buy a cheaper PC that you wouldn't use so often..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With me, Geek is a friendly term Smile

Yeah, but say I were to get into video production or something similar. (Have an $800 Canon digital recorder that I never use because I don't have adequate software/hardware to edit with.) It seems like it would really suck to have something so expensive and so cool-looking be nothing more than a glorified X-Box.(I know, perhaps I'm being a bit harsh Razz) But yeah, I dunno, just seems like there should be more to it than gaming.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are larger I belive and tend to have some nice features like snap in parts so they are better for those who are often in their case changing stuff and have several HDs.
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the people I've seen with 'em download a lot of anime and whatnot.

but they seem pretty cool ^^ (when I first saw them I thought it was some sort of crap-tastic computer trying to make sales by spoofing up the look of it)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scientifically proven fact #1> Alienware is materialised sex.

[img]http://www.kompiuterija.lt/archyvas/2003/12/alienware.jpg[/img]

Mmm... So exciting.. Mmm.. I wish I could just touch.. to just hold her for a moment.. See her looking up at me as if I were the only one in the world. We'd die for each other. No escape from the gaze of the onlooker... *waves dream bubble* Screw it.. ain't gonna happen. If you can get one and plan to play games, I say get one ^_^ :D

Edit: Respect her though, no fast movements.. Let her warm to you and she will not fail you..

Embrace the Aurora.. Consume the Area51.. Love and cherish and hold it..

Keep it preserved as if it were your own severed arm you plan to re-attach...
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
what the hell, Gray? Obviously I don't know as much as I should about this system T_T;;
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lol it's cool... It's 7.40am right now.. I need to get some sleep bfore work o_O;; ...It's just, I think, because I have lived with a third rate pc and I am a geek at heart.. I can't live with such mediocrity T_T

...An Alienware pc would hoist a flag for sure..
Lexar
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these get out of fashion real fast. This is the kind of case you invest in, and costs a lot of money, so you'd want to keep it a while, but the design is too flashy for that. It could get on your nerves when in 5 years you still have this thing on your desktop, but you don't like the design anymore, or it doesn't support new MB features, but since you spent so much money on it, you're stuck with it. And there are cheaper cases that look funky too.

The easy moddable thing is okay, but there are other cases that have those features too.
slet
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's way cooler to mod the case yourself anyway.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]It's way cooler to mod the case yourself anyway. [/quote]
More fun too.
mashu
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of alienware. I think overall they're overpriced and not worth it. I've been building my own systems (and those of my friends) for the last 10 years or so, and prefer to do that and get exactaly what i want and need (for less) than pay someone to make me what i could have made myself with extra stuff i don't want or need. If you can, pick out a nice case off a site like newegg, and have a friend build you a system in it if you are unable to do so yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: