Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Printers... Are They All Poor Reliability?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gameglitch
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have an Hp Photosmart P1000 for about 2 years and its already junk... The plug socket that you put the plug in the printer makes a funny popping zapping sound when you play with the cord and it will loose connection as well. The gears that move the printer head back and forth makes bad grinding noises too. The real pain is that the printer ink costs a lot of money to replace as you are paying for the printer head with the ink cartage. Mind you I dont do a real lot of printing. I was thinking of The Cannon Pixma IP4000 as a replacement (Ink costs are a lot cheaper) but will the printer last a while or are they all junk and last only for a year or two and then poof. Paying 200 bucks Canadian for a new printer every time it becomes junk is not my plan of enjoying wonderful printouts.

Ps I did hear that Cannon has good reliability but is that true?
slet
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon is a good brand. I've had several HP's here and they all borke down. The Canon ink is way cheaper, and the printer is just as good, so I would always recommend Canon over HP.
Mace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HP is very expensive and it's trying to coperate with windows to get some sort of monopoly, I think Canon is doing a good work. I have here a Canon LBP-460, black and white laser printer from 20 years ago, ok it's not compatable on win XP, but it still works, I say Canon is better then HP.

HP :grose: Very Happy
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannon, no competition.
Piggy
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hp I have has never broken down or anything (Hp Desk Jet 5850). Then again I've only had it for a few months. But go with Hp, that's what I think. Get mine if you really want a good deal.

It's about $120 (I think) and ALL Hp printers use the SAME ink cartridges. So if you end up getting another Hp printer, no need to throw out your old cartridges.

But ink does run out fairly quickly considering they're considerably small. All the cannons I had were crap. :angry:

God, I'm so unlike you guys. Surprised
Mace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You rock piggy!
But HP sucks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: