Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
11x17 Scanner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(anyone notice we don't have a "computer" section? Rolling eyes )

anyway, I need to find a fairly cheap 11 x 17 scanner (or anything that will scan a 10" x 14" paper @.@;; )

The only ones I've been able to find so far have been $2000 - $8000 T.T;;;; and obviously that just won't work...

Anyone got any resources up their sleeves?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay?

(Any interest beyond this thread in a computer section on the forums?)
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough luck, eh? Myself I'd like to have a 9x12 scanner, so I wouldn't have to make space in my drawings for about 1/2" of cropping, but . . . .

Of course, you could always attempt scanning the drawing in two halves and merging them together on the computer . . . anyone who can master that will have effectively doubled the size of their scanner Wink .
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The computer thread seems like it would be a good idea.

I have no idea where you would find a good scanner for a reasonable price. At the moment I'm just looking for a good desktop so I can get rid of this crappy laptop that likes to shut down on me whenever it feels like. But, yeah, E-bay might work, dunno how reliable it would be, but they do have some good stuff there. (Never buy bagpipes from there, though--damned Paki Pipes <_< )
mashu
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

search google for "a3 scanner" i believe A3 is the paper size youre looking for (aprox 11.75 x 17.5 inches) You can find some in the sub $200 range. First one I found. You should look around more and see what else you can find, if you need help finding some more IM me and i'll help you find more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually B4 sized. ( 10 x 14.25 --almost exactly-- )
standard comic paper, Deleter brand.

[quote]Of course, you could always attempt scanning the drawing in two halves and merging them together on the computer . . . anyone who can master that will have effectively doubled the size of their scanner  . [/quote]
Oooh, ick, tried that. Doesn't quite work @.@;; not good at that.
but a good skill for one to aquire.

I've tried ebay a bit.
Not much (and nothing that has all the pieces you need... T.T;; ) at least not yet.
But you never know since it's a constantly moving market, you know?

just looked at that link, Matt o.o wow..... that's cheap....and large....
T.T hm.... seems way too easy lol
I'll try that with my next pay check or so ^^ thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mashu
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went with a3 because you said you were looking for a 11x17 scanner. And i'm glad i could help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out local yard/garage/boot sales..
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha T_T

the 11 x 17 thing was because the only scanners I had found during my search was either that or the 8.5 x 10 (or x 14)
mashu
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so did you ever attempt to get that one? and if so how did it go?
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
I'm kinda money-less right now (what with the moving out in a month and all Laughing)

once I have a job down there (Rohnert Park) I'll get one Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: