Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Your Worst Accident/injurie
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CheshireGoddess
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know I decided to create this thread because I just got surgey done on my foot this morning and went to school. I was wondering If anyone had stories of their worst injuries or what they have had to go into surgery for?

edit - Crap I spelled "Injury" wrong
PunchenAngel666
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had to get surgery on my hand in 7th grade because i broke my hand from my wrist completly off cuz i fell off of this three foot high monkey bar that i was sitting on while babysitting. this was not only my worst accident but the most embarresing because i do alot of freeski jump tricks and never hurt myself....and yeah.
If every artist's sketch book was an actual place for your drawings to live, they say that my sketch book would be a horrible twisted place where sin runs wild, pervertion around every corner,gorie blood beneath your feet,and the occasional wickedly cute chibi . i think thats cute of them to say that. [URL=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-PunchenAngel666.php]Click here to see what they mean.[/URL]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Zekk
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tripped onto a running tredmile. Thats the worst. Left a nasty friction scar...
CheshireGoddess
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my worst accidents was when I was horse back riding and taking the horse around the corner and something spooked my horse and he took off running, I was caught off guard and fell off on my neck close to some metal poles. They though I broke my neck because when I tried to get up I fell back down. But I was actually fine pretty much, just bruised my tail bone however that happened Uneasy

Then (I guess you can consider it an accident) was when I got bit by my neighbors dog "Shelbie" when i was really young i went to go hug him around the neck and he started biting my face. I have this pretty big scar over my eyebrow on the left side of my eye and a smale puncture mark from where he just missed the jugular.
heartless-sinner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe you wont believe what happened to me! I broke all the fingers on my right hand BY A FOLDING CHAIR!!!!!! it made me get metal plates in all my fingers! if my friend calls it automale one more time i am going to pound her. Grr!
KotokoPlum
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one the monkey bars when I was little and I fell off. I put my wrist out first and fractured it. kept the cast on for the majority of the summer...
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been pretty lucky compared to the rest of you. Only sprained both of my ankles, but the worst was the time I supposedly twisted my stomach so things were pushing up into the bottom of my ribs. I dunno what really happened, didn't bother going to hospital or anything.
eclipsedmoongoddess482
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I feel very lucky (or rather pretty boring) compared to the rest of you. Laughing Especially you Chesh, damn! You're one lucky girl. Razz

The worst injury I've had was actually not too long ago. Around December it was the opening night for this play I was in. I had to do a ragdoll dance which involved jumping off the stage in the beginning. On the dress rehersal I remember I was going to ask out this guy in the same play but woe and behold, right before my group's dance I see the same guy asking out another girl. Ouch. :wacko: It was definetly a broken hearted feeling that was hitting me but I tried to dance anyway. But I was so upset about this guy that when I jumped off the stage I ended up falling on my face and twisting my ankle. <_< What was really stupid was that I didn't think it was twisted (I just thought it was really sore) so for three days in a row I did the same dance (and jumped on the same busted ankle) until on the fourth day when I couldn't even walk through the hallways without having someone support me. Yeah, emotional and physical injury all in the same day. Yippie... Sad
ramza_belourve
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I banged my head on this big metal bar
and broke it good
IT WAS RAINING BLOOD MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
CheshireGoddess
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...........I can tell it left some good damage :ph34r:
ramza_belourve
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats that supose to meen??!!! WTF?

and NO IT DIDN'T AFFECT MY BRAIN
or did it
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two accidents come to mind. Several years ago (I forget exactly when -- sometime during high school I believe), I spilled off my bike (while doing a speed of about 15mph). Skinned my right knee and brokw the fingernail on my left pinkie clean off. Hurt like hell... the memories still make me shudder sometimes.

One time about 2001, I got caught in some blackberries, also while on my bike. They gave me two pretty bad cuts across my neck -- superficial, fortunately, but they still hurt like crazy. Didn't have much I could do about it other than use some paper towels as a makeshift bandage -- took several days to heal (almost everybody at work was asking me what the hell happened), and I still have faint scars of it today.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never actually broken any bones or anything, but I have gotten banged up here and there. I once stepped on a thorn that went so deep in my foot, it could only be removed with liquid nitrogen. Ouch. I've also crashed of my bike a good many times, once landing in a huge pile of sharp rocks. Bloody, bloody, bloody. The thing that hurts the most, though, is this neuroma I've had on my leg for the past four years. I have no idea what caused it, either. A neuroma is a small ball of tangled nerves that, when hit, hurts like the devil stabbing you with a red hot pitchfork. The pain runs from my toes to the bottom of my knee. I literally fall to the ground wincing when anything just slightly touches it, and I don't usually make a big fuss about pain. Since it's on the front of my leg about an inch above my ankle, I'm afraid to play soccer in gym. The last thing I need is someone kicking me there with full force when I can't even stand to have it touched.

This was probably the stupidest thing I've done that got me hurt:
Once I decided to street luge on my skate board. Our neighborhood had some pretty steep hills, so I was able to go pretty fast. Once a car came around the corner at the bottom of the hill, so I slammed my feet on the ground to avoid getting run over. You know Newton's law, an object in motion stays in motion? Yeah, well, the skate board stopped, but I went flying towards the car just about as fast as I had been going downhill. Wearing shorts and a t-shirt that day, I had a lot of bare skin. Asphalt and bare skin going down hill at 15 mph do not make for a happy day... especially when you're still flying towards a car.
Riyo
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EWWW! all these sound painful!

i broke my foot riding a bike without shoes when i was 7.

Last edited by Riyo on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Thirteen_Black_Roses
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was little (not sure how old...elementary school anyway. 4th grade?) my grandparents moved and the new house had a see-saw in the front yard. It was really just an old stump with a long board and a railroad stake through the middle, but we thought it was cool. My sister and I were playing on it, but when we went to get off I was a little too slow and the board went out from under me with my weight still on it. I started to fall over backwards so I tried to catch myself, landed on my right hand with my arm completely straight and the elbow locked. My arm bent under my weight anyway, and it hurt like crazy. I got x-rayed and nothing was broken, but I couldn't straighten my arm for a month. I was taking dance classes at the time, and when the recital came I still couldn't completely extend my arm, it was still very noticably bent. It still seizes up from time to time, especially I've been using it alot. Not so much that anyone else would notice, but it gets stiff and sore and stays slightly bent if I've been lifting alot.

Edit: Oh yeah...my grandparents took out the see-saw after that. Too dangerous. Laughing
ariel
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jumped on a slip and side when i was alil kid slamming my knee in too a rock oh the pain i bleed for a while tho i refuse to go to the hospital no mater happends to me so just left it like that now my knee looks like some one slamed it with a sledge hammer and when running around the house a long skinny needle went through my toe
Thirteen_Black_Roses
Has No Life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot one when I posted before...

When I was in fourth grade my teachers decided that carving pumpkins would be a great activity for halloween. So the got a bunch of pumpkins, handed out SHARP KNIVES to us fourth graders, and let us have fun. Can we see where this is going? No one ever told me to push the knife from the back, so when I was trying to cut the pumpkin I had both hands wrapped around the handle. It wasn't moving, so I pushed...and my hands slammed into the side of the pumpkin. A few moments later it occured to me that the knife itself hadn't moved, just my hands. I was holding the knife by the blade. And bleeding. I asked to go wash my hands, thinking it was just a scratch, but it wouldn't stop. I went back to the teachers for a band-aid, but by this time my hands were covered in blood. I mean it was [i]gushing[/i] out of my right middle finger. They panicked, called the nurse in from the other elementary school (there was only one nurse for both elementary schools, so there wasn't a medical type person at my school at [i]all[/i] that day, and then bandaged my finger up before calling my mom. The teacher knows my mom, so she was really worried, and put three times the gauze on my finger that I really needed. Everyone was shocked that I wasn't bawling, but I honestly didn't feel a thing. My mom drove me to the hospital, where they practically accused her of doing it to me. She was pissed. Fortuantely I didn't need stitches, it bled alot but wasn't that deep, the blade hit at an angle.

Needless to say, they never carved pumpkins with the kids again. I think they were just glad not to get sued... My brother is in fourth grade this year and decorated a pumpkin, they use markers now.

I still have a scar going 3/4 of the way across the tip of my right middle finger from that.
Meow_Kitty_Kitty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into a metal polw while playing hide and go seek. I just ran into it. I didn't see it. I felt so stupid when i had to explain the stitch by my eye. o.0
LadyoftheDeadlyDance
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesse...my worst injury...breaking three bones in my ankle from slipping on wet grass. My cousin was trying to teach me how to play football in the Common, and I just kinda fell on it O_O. I had to hop across the Common to the car, and then drive to the hospital, where I had to have an emergency operation to reattach the small bone in my ankle, which slipped down into my heel. I now have two screws in there. ^^;

I beep when I go through air security.
Bahl_Rohg
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only actually had one injury in my life, but goddamn this was one of the worst you could imagine. I was only about five or six and I was outside in my yard, swinging on this old swing my parents had 'found' by the woods. I had used it before and it seemed perfectly fine. One day I was swinging and involuntarily my brother came up and started pushing me, he started to push harder and I didn't even realize that the seat started to loosen than out of the blue it snapped. I flew through the air and my shin landed almost directly on a broken piece of glass our neighbors had thrown in our yard. It was as deep as hell. I was screaming in pain, flaying my arms around. 20 (yes twenty) minuets later I was brought to the hospital. To this day I still have a gaping scar in my left shin.

Most blood I have ever seen in my life Wink Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: