Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Miyazaki
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drakedragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be truthful, I'd not heard alot about Miyazaki until CN had its 'Month of Miyazaki' Special with Toonami. I missed The Castle in the Sky one and Princess Mononoke, but I saw Spirited Away and Nausica.

His works amazed me. His art style, as simplistic as it can appear at times, is perfect for the stories he conveys and to be truthful again, I actually was saddened by some of the more disheartening scenes in Nauscia(I'm not sure if that's how it's really spelled, I can't remember).

My favorite character, is the old swormdsman. I can't remember his name, but he was awesome, as was Nausica herself. I find the characters that Miyazaki makes are wonderfully portrayed, and from what I've seen, most of them are as about original as it gets.

Tell me, what more do the lot of you, know about Miyazaki?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shuichi_X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen another one of his movies, but i cant remember the name...personally, i think he is the best japanese director ever! W00t!

[URL=http://z4.invisionfree.com/KHinsider/] FORUMS! [/URL]

And here:

[URL=http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/rpw.html] RP FORUMS! [/URL]
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Mononoke is tops.

Amongst my all time favorite movies, and movie soundtracks. Absolutely adore the main theme.

Go out an buy it. Like, now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xkamichamaX3
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, castle in the sky was my favorite because i didn't like the ending of princess mononoke...
so you have to watch castle in the sky... Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drakedragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'll go and buy em as soon as I have the money. I'm flat broke... . . . .
Bucket
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Miyazaki film I saw was Castle in the Sky and I fell in love with it. The music is great, the story is great, and the artwork is beautiful! I love how each of Miyazaki's films are different and yet you can always see his style in each one. It is very distinctive. Oh, and Netflix is a reasonable alternative to buying all the anime you want to see. Most times, you can get a couple of weeks for free.
Ryo88

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man the first Miyazaki film i saw was Kiki Delivery Service.... i fell in love with the way the characters were drawn and the animation quality..... i still look for his movies and i loved the newest one Howl's Moving Castle.... ^^
Barney--TheAnti-Christ
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Neighbor Totoro was on Thursday. That's a good one.
Shuichi_X

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO!!! THAT WAS THE NAME!!!

[URL=http://z4.invisionfree.com/KHinsider/] FORUMS! [/URL]

And here:

[URL=http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/rpw.html] RP FORUMS! [/URL]
BloodandChocolate
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that Spirited Away was his best film. I love the creativity of it and the fact that he describes that hardships that Sen had to face and its imagainable and realistic that you just want the movie to go on forever, like what ever happened to Haku and Chihiro? I find that the innocent romance is so breathtaking and innnocent, there in no innocence like that now a days and I will admit that when Chihiro and Haku parted and he said dont look back, I cried lol. But yea, I would nominate Miyazaki for so many awards because he deserves it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
firewingneko
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Princess Mononoke but I'd say Spirited away was better.
It's nice to know there are still people who don't only rely on computerized stuff for their movies but actual do them by hand Smile
The story in Spirited Away just hooked me up and didn't want to go away from the tv until I saw the end of the movie XP His characters are always very original and the sounds tracks are just frigin' awesome.

I did notice he seems to appreciate drawing gooey/sticky stuff. In sprited away it's the kind of mud baths that look gooey and and few other things too. In Princess Mononoke, the evil poison like stuff look like it has the same kind of texture
Red_Quatre
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first Miyazaki film I ever saw was Kiki's Delivery Service. It's such a cute movie. My favorite Miyazaki film is Princess Mononoke. Yay! I bought it new for $10 at FYE. Pretty freaking sweet.
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first was Kiki, then Spirited, then Mononoke. I need to see the rest. I can't wait till Earthsea comes out, Ursula K. LeGuin is one of my favorite authors, and I can only imagine how wonderful it will be with Miyazaki. The only thing I didn't like about what I've seen from it is Ged is paler than those from Atuan, when the book almost outright says Ged is dark-skinned, and those from Atuan are caucasian.
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I've seen of his is Castle of Cagliostro. Never bothered looking up any of his other stuff.
Rioki_Lilac
Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way you too Red_Quatre? I went out and bougnt it for the same price at the same store on Wednesday! And are you people joking!? Earthsea Miyazaki style!? I will start drooling soon. I absolutely just CANNOT wait. Eeek! I love love love LOVE that third book of it. Oh, and here's my opinion on Miyazaki, the true anime god, from another topic.

I absolutely LOVE Hayao Miyazaki's films, they are KICKASS. I liked Princess Mononoke best, second prize goes to Castle in the Sky, then Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Spirited Away comes last, but only because I've seen it so many times that I anticipate everything before it happens and I know all the character's lines. That got annoying. And yes, those are the only four I've seen. So sue me!
Best Male: I would TOTALLY give that prize to Kohaku of Spirited Away. Second goes to Prince Ashitaka in Princess Mononoke.
Best Female: Nausicaa in Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Second prize is torn between San and her nemisis Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke.
Best Animal: I'd say the Forest Spirit of Princess Mononoke. Second is Nausicaa's pet rodent thing in Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.
Best Scenery: Castle in the Sky, hands down. Second is Princess Mononoke.
Most Memorable Characters: Spirited Away wins with Yuebaba, Zeneba, Chihiro, Kamaji, Rin, Kohaku, Noface, and all the rest. Second is definitly Castle in the Sky.
Biggest Enemy: Princess Mononoke wins, with a combo of Jigo and his men, the Boars, the Apes, that Lord Asano dude, and Lady Eboshi. Second prize goes to Castle in the Sky, with that dude who reminds me of Eugene in that game Evolution Worlds. Not to mention all his cohorts. What are your opinions for all these subjects? Best Male, Best Female, Best Animal, Best Scenery, Most Memorable Characters, and Biggest Enemy.
Rioki_Lilac
Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to add a new catergory to the Official FAC-sponsered Miyazaki Film Awards, initiated by moi: Best quote/dialogue.
Best Quote/Dialogue award goes to Toki of [i]Princess Mononoke[/i]. She's a riot! She says many funny lines, often with hand and facial gestures accompanying them. Jada Pinkett-Smith was definitely the right person for the job. I think second prize mght go to Shitta of [i]Castle in the Sky[/i].
The order I saw them was a bit of Kiki but not enough to form an opinion, then [i]Spirited Away[/i]. Oh I was hooked from then on. Whenever CN showed it I watched. Which brought me to the Month of Miyazaki. I had been so smitten by [i]Spirited Away[/i] that I decided to give some other stuff in the Miyazaki group a shot. I saw [i]Princess Mononoke[/i], followed by [i]Castle in the Sky[/i], then [i]Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind[/i]. I heartily reccomend all of those. And my sis Jess can like prophosy correctly all of the events in any Miyazaki, I kid you not. She predicted everything in Nausicaa, then Castle, then Mononoke. It was so cool.
UT_Inuyasha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I missed The Castle in the Sky one and Princess Mononoke, but I saw Spirited Away and Nausica.[/quote]
That's the exact opposite of me. I saw Princess Moronoke and Castle in the sky, and bought the Princess Moronoke one (couldn't find any of the others). I Presonally preferred the second, third, and fourth (I saw enough of Nausica to get hooked on it), but that's mainly because they had more fight scenes Mr. Green.
Moonlightelf
Space Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In finland Castle in the sky is just coming into movie teathers (or on dvd/video, don't remember). I've seen only Spirited away, but that was one nice movie ^^
Reepicheep-chan
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could take or leave Mononoke (the animation and everything was technically great, but the whole thing just held little appeal to me) but I loved Spirited Away and Kiki. The animation is ALWAYS top-notch on those things. I really like Whisper of the Heart now. Miazaki did not direct that one, but he wrote the screenplay and did the storyboards so it is more of less his ^.^ I wanna see The Cat Returns so hardcore because of it.

Totoro was good to. I really want finish seeing Castle in the Sky, I never got the chance.
Kitzy
Super Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen Miyazaki's Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Pom Poko.
Pom Poko is a weird one, for sure o_O
But the other two are amazing =)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: