Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
AZUMANGA DAIOH!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shuichi_X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its me (again! Razz ) now i must write a paragraph on azumanga daioh...or just copy and paste something somebody else wrote about azumanga daioh! from wikipedia:
Six schoolgirls and two teachers make up the main cast alongside a few secondary characters, including a creepy male teacher with an abnormal obsession with teenaged girls (Kimura-sensei), another girl (Kaorin) in the same grade who seems to have a crush on Sakaki (the most distant of the main characters) and a friend of hers with a relatively small role in the story (Chihiro).

Four of the girls were included in Newtype Magazine's top 100 anime heroines of 2002: Osaka was awarded 7th, Chiyo 11th, Sakaki 21st, and Yomi 78th. Together they made Azumanga Daioh the 2nd most popular series of 2002 for female characters.

Character profiles are given in Western order, with the surname after the given name.

[edit]
Students
Chiyo Mihama (美浜 ちよ Mihama Chiyo)
A child prodigy, Chiyo has skipped five grades to 10th grade (the first grade in Japanese high school) at the start of the series and is still at the top of the class. She's ber-cute, but taken advantage of because of her scholastic abilities by her friends at times (not to be confused with being bullied.) Her lack of stature in comparison to her classmates leads to a lack of confidence, particularly in physical pursuits where she feels she is a burden; however, her inherent kawaii factor acts as a counterbalance here as well, as witnessed in the cheerleading part of Episode 6's sports festival. Just about the only thing she's no use at is tongue twisters, which she demonstrates in both Episode 1 and the Very Short Movie by attempting "Basu Gasu Bakuhatsu" (trans: Bus Gas Explosion), and flubbing it spectacularly.
Tomo Takino (滝野 智 Takino Tomo)
Tomo is extremely energetic and competitive (though not very athletic), and yet a slacker at the same time. She tends to irritate everyone around her, especially Yomi, her classmate since elementary school.
Koyomi "Yomi" Mizuhara (水原 暦 Mizuhara Koyomi)
A grade-school friend and general antagonist of Tomo's, Yomi is the title's voice of reason, carrying herself as the most mature and serious of the group. She also dislikes her weight, and is always trying various diets in an effort to be thinner. While usually functioning as the "straight man" of the bunch (particularly as regards Tomo), she sometimes manifests a rather cruel sense of humor.
Sakaki (榊 Sakaki)
Tall, soft-spoken Sakaki is uncomfortable with her height as well as her busty physique. Because she is so shy, she doesn't speak much, and her reticence is misinterpreted as "tough," "mysterious," or "cool." Despite this, she holds a secret longing for all things cute. She loves cats, but for some strange reason cats always bite/scratch her - in particular the 'boss' of the neighbourhood cat population, the purple one she calls Kami-neko (lit. God Cat/Biting Cat, depending on the kanji). She finds her kindred spirit in an Iriomote mountain cat towards the end of the series, which she names Yamamaya (later adopting him and shortening his name to just Maya).
Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga (春日 歩 Kasuga Ayumu a.k.a. "Osaka" 大阪 Ōsaka)
Ayumu is a transfer student from Osaka. Tomo, expecting her to act like the stereotypical Osakan (loud, exuberant and fond of bawdy jokes), quickly chose for her the nickname "Osaka," although Ayumu's behavior could not be more different from the "typical" Osakan. Ayumu considers her label "too simple" and "icky," but she lacks the energy or motivation to dispute it. Unlike the stereotypical Osakan, she seems slow and easily distracted, but she merely has a mind that works quite differently than most people. This makes her prone to daydreaming, absentmindedness, and non-sequiturs, but it also makes her unusually good at answering very specific types of riddles.
Kagura (神楽 Kagura)
Kagura is a later acquaintance, joining Yukari's class in the 2nd year (Yukari selects her as a ringer to win the school athletic competitions). She was originally in Nyamo's class and displays a very competitive spirit with her peers in all things (though with little success in studies). She devotes most of her time to the swim team but is an all-around good athlete, and genuinely nice to her classmates. She has a slight obsession with Sakaki, whom she sees as an athletic rival. She does have her sensitive side, however, which we see in episode 6 of the anime following her homeroom's defeat in the sports festival, and the final episode following graduation.
[edit]
Teachers
Yukari Tanizaki (谷崎 ゆかり Tanizaki Yukari) a.k.a. Yukari-sensei
The girls' English and homeroom teacher (class 3), but a teacher with very unconventional methods and a rather close relationship with the class. Her students are casual enough to call her by her first name: Yukari-sensei. Depending on the day, time, and her mood, she can be either a horrible tyrant or one of the sweetest, most touching teachers ever. Her driving is so reckless and terrible that it damages her car and leaves several of the main characters emotionally scarred, especially Chiyo.
Minamo Kurosawa (黒沢 みなも Kurosawa Minamo), a.k.a. Minamo-Sensei or "Nyamo" にゃも Nyamo
A gym teacher at the girls' school. In the girls' first year of high school, she is the homeroom teacher of class 5. During their last two years, she is the homeroom teacher of class 2. An old high school friend and rival of Yukari. Popular with the students, Nyamo is nicer, less obnoxious, and far more in control than Yukari.

GO TOMO!!!

[URL=http://z4.invisionfree.com/KHinsider/] FORUMS! [/URL]

And here:

[URL=http://www.hostingphpbb.com/forum/rpw.html] RP FORUMS! [/URL]
LunaticCrow
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azumanga Daioh is stupid.
xkamichamaX3
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LunaticCrow (The Duke of Darknes"] Azumanga Daioh is stupid. [/quote]
that's mean of you to say when shuichi_x just took all that time explaining the story...
Laughing yukari-sensei is hilarious!! especially her insane driving and psychological scarring of chiyo-chan...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drakedragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LunaticCrow (The Duke of Darknes"] Azumanga Daioh is stupid. [/quote]
Gee that sure was [i]constructive criticism[/i] you just stated there. You didn't even say WHY it was stupid, or even try to backup your statement!

I'm impressed... <_<

I haven't seen the anime or manga myself, but I plan to. Sure explaining the story is something, but I'd prefer to experience it before I can choose how to exactly think of it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Shuichi_X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it went off of the anime network a couple of weeks ago, but you can buy the DVD or the manga

And here:

LunaticCrow
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Drakedragon (Dragon God)"] [quote="LunaticCrow (The Duke of Darknes"] Azumanga Daioh is stupid. [/quote]
Gee that sure was [i]constructive criticism[/i] you just stated there. You didn't even say WHY it was stupid, or even try to backup your statement!

I'm impressed... [/quote]
I'm sure you are. I assume you know I can't [i]constructively critisize[/i] a finished, PUBLISHED work and expect it to be improved, your statement is moot.

It's just another overblown weeaboo show: the manga was okay, but after having it shoved in my face time after time? s**t. A Yotsuba&! Is far superior to a "OMFG OSAKA!1" stare, and the whole series in general. There was also another thread about it not too long ago with less..faggotry, try digging it up.

wapaneseeee.
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="xkamichamaX3 (Rika-chan)"] [quote="LunaticCrow (The Duke of Darknes"] Azumanga Daioh is stupid. [/quote]
that's mean of you to say when shuichi_x just took all that time explaining the story... [/quote]
See those [edit] things?

That means she just copiedpasted from wikipedia.

Learn internets.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xkamichamaX3
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sephir0th666777 (Tyler)"] [quote="xkamichamaX3 (Rika-chan)"] [quote="LunaticCrow (The Duke of Darknes"] Azumanga Daioh is stupid. [/quote]
that's mean of you to say when shuichi_x just took all that time explaining the story... [/quote]
See those [edit] things?

That means she just copiedpasted from wikipedia.

Learn internets. [/quote]
i'm slow, but not [i]that[/i] slow...i know she copied and pasted it...but at least she bothered to explain the story...
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And she has posted this thread already. It was closed then, and with luck, it will be again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fayore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to know is why you bothered making a favourite character poll; it's been clearly outlined several times that favourite character type things be put into the official thread.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anime-junkie
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me has only seen the first ep (a preview thingy, dont ask) and i LOVED it, i wanted the box set, but it was HEAPS, so im going to save up!!!!!

buh byez!
Shuichi_X

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]What I want to know is why you bothered making a favourite character poll; it's been clearly outlined several times that favourite character type things be put into the official thread. [/quote]

cuz i just wanted azumanga daioh characters....DUH!!!

And here:

DG-sama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Shuichi_X (The Advent)"] [quote]What I want to know is why you bothered making a favourite character poll; it's been clearly outlined several times that favourite character type things be put into the official thread. [/quote]

cuz i just wanted azumanga daioh characters....DUH!!! [/quote]
All Favorite character threads even series or genre specific ones are forbidden. If you read ALL the stickie you would know this. DUH!

Either way this thread has becom so off topic it hurts me :/

God damn you signature WORK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: