Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Mac Or Windows
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_Tom_
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac don't get viruses?! Are you serious?! Surely these Macs of which you speak do not recieve or have no capability of getting internet connections, for this to be true. Unless these Macs of which you speak have some sort of technological cure for the various virus program inputs into it's normal functions. Then and only then would I believe this Mac of which you speak being virus-proof.

I'm petty sure Windows would have stolen and copyrighted such technology, should such technology actually exist.....but I doubt it does. All computers, sans the type, are potential virus harborers. If you have internetting, it's possible for you to get a virus, regardless of make and model. srry Embarassed
Mountain_Dewroo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macs Can Get a Virus. It's just more uncommen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MrBiggles
Newb

Location: A little to the left... down... no no, up! And... STOP! Right there!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a windows. They can do way more than macs can, almost always have better hardware, and I don't care what people say about "more user friendly", after a few weeks with windows, its not that difficult to figure out. I used macs my entire life, and I still like windows more. Macs are better for editing video and doing powerpoint things, but windows can do it almost as good, and it plays lots more games than the mac.
And macs can get viruses, but, like Mountain_Dewroo said, its a bit harder to do.
On some online games I am known as Sgt. No One, on other online games, I am known as Leviathan. So if you see Sgt No One, or Leviathan, chances are its me.
[color=green]Current Works in Progress (some may not be up to date)[/color]
[url=http://host-a.net/getfile.php?usern=MrBiggles&file=RBAU%20Demo.zip]RBAU Demo[/url] | [url=http://host-a.net/getfile.php?usern=MrBiggles&file=RBAU%20Level%20Editor.zip]RBAU Level Editor[/url] | [url=http://games.martincrownover.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=254]3D FPS - Swift Current[/url] | Treads
Mountain_Dewroo
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"get a windows..." Lol. Anyway, Windows can be alot more unstable compared to Mac OS X. If your into games (for the PC) Get a PC. If you just want to browse the internet and Chat with your friends, Get a mac.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rserocki
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was musing over whether to make a suggestion, but I think I'll just say, "Geez." Then I hit the edit button to add that Intel macs are able to boot up both windows or mac OSs with 'boot camp' which is supposed to be a standard feature of their next operating system, so one could play windows games with apple mac hardware. The guy who draws http://penny-arcade.com likes his new mac:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2006/03/03#1141404960

[quote]Gabriel's MacBook doesn't arrive until... they start arriving, later this month, but save for platform-dependent gaming I've used my own Mac for every computing task this week. What I have ascertained is not that PCs as we know them lack good design, but that PCs as we know them have hardly any design to speak of. I'm not trying to be insulting. Use a Mac for a week, and we'll talk again.[/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Computer Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: