Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Irritating Things
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Project_X
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]RPG Set-ups In Games RPG Doesn't Belong In[/b]- PLEASE leav RPG for Warcraft, Elder Scrolls, and KH. I hate It when I join a server in like Halo or Unreal Tournament and there is "level-ups" because odds are some hacker or geek is going to be on like level 2000 (not an exaggeration) and invulnerable.

[b]Games That Are Cool With Annoying Hype[/b]- KH and FF are the main ones. They're cool an all but when I come into VG Board section and theres like 12 threads talking about them.

[b]N00bs[/b]- People askin stupid questions....

[b]Endurance Battles[/b]- Legend of Spyro and Metroid Prime 2 are the main ones. You beat the crap out of a mob of people just to fund that you are only halfway done with the mission.

[b]Insane Maps(CTF)[/b]- I half to get the flag way over there?!? THROUGH A MOB OF TANKS!?!

last but not least....
[b]Unexpected Timed Bosses(Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)[/b]- Oh...I defeat this huge alien, not bad. I have 8mins to escape the planet? Okay...But there is aa practically invulnerable boss in the way. Oh what fun....(tryin to avoid spoilers)
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Endurance Battles- Legend of Spyro and Metroid Prime 2 are the main ones. You beat the crap out of a mob of people just to fund that you are only halfway done with the mission.[/quote]
Legend of Spyro made it easy, though; what enemies you killed stayed dead, and bosses always regenerated only to their current HP layer

[quote]ast but not least....
Unexpected Timed Bosses(Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)- Oh...I defeat this huge alien, not bad. I have 8mins to escape the planet? Okay...But there is aa practically invulnerable boss in the way. Oh what fun....(tryin to avoid spoilers)[/quote]
I remember having trouble with that too. When the boss becomes invulnerable to attack, it also gives you new information from scanning, from which you can figure out what to do.

[quote]Powered Up for Final Boss
Things like Devil May Cry do this. You get to the final boss, and suddenly you have a new list of moves and powers to fight with. Sorry, I'd rather have the same stuff I played the rest of the damn game with.[/quote]
I think you mean final boss battles which surprise you with completely new play mechanics. Xemnas's huge monstrosity in Kingdom Hearts 2 was a good example of this. But, thankfully, in virtually all cases the final phase of the battle winds down to a good "old-fashioned" melee battle. You, them, and only one survivor.

Dante's showdown with Mundus in the Underworld was a good example of this. Sure, the first phase of the battle plays like nothing else in the game, but once you clip Mundus's wings you can finish him off the usual way. (More or less.)
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you explained it better.
Project_X
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote]Endurance Battles- Legend of Spyro and Metroid Prime 2 are the main ones. You beat the crap out of a mob of people just to fund that you are only halfway done with the mission.[/quote]
Legend of Spyro made it easy, though; what enemies you killed stayed dead, and bosses always regenerated only to their current HP layer

[quote]ast but not least....
Unexpected Timed Bosses(Metroid Prime 2: Echoes)- Oh...I defeat this huge alien, not bad. I have 8mins to escape the planet? Okay...But there is aa practically invulnerable boss in the way. Oh what fun....(tryin to avoid spoilers)[/quote]
I remember having trouble with that too. When the boss becomes invulnerable to attack, it also gives you new information from scanning, from which you can figure out what to do.[/quote]

LoS was easier but still rather annoying especially when you fight people with two health bars.

Sheesh! As if the huge Ing wasn't enough! (kept blocking my dark beam shots)
Lol. Dark Samus is so cheap in that game.
[size=24][color=red]SPOILER WARNING[/color][/size]
Gotta use the Annihilator and Echo Visor. Cool gun! SONIC BOOM!

Forgot some.
[b]Lucky players(halo 2)[/b]- People that seem as if they have an oversheild for their oversheild. Like My cousin that goes under the alias Battosai.
[b]Chase and being chased missions[/b]- Hate 'em!
[b]Gran Tourismo's S-License tests[/b]- Aint now way that I can make it all the way around Apricot hill speedway without touching the grass AND in 45 seconds!(my dad did though. Time gets me more than anything...)
[b]Cheating racers(CTR)[/b]- In crash team racing the final boss, N.Oxide, Takes a head start before the race begins. He's already fast and has infinant potions and TNT/nitro crates.
[b]Ripping a character out of your heart(COD2)[/b]- I hate it when you play a game, get attached to a character because they're funny or cool just to have them die right in front of your face!!!
[b]Disturbing Graphics(GOW)[/b]- It's cool to have an awsome looking game but when you can squish somebody's head with your foot and you can see brains and all...yeah. Nasty(but cool!)
[b]Screwed up camera angles(DOA3)[/b]- When fighting the last due your screen is all blurry and irregularly angled...so gay....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: