Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Which should I buy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punk_Jimmy
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Which should I buy? Reply with quote

I already have a Wii, but I want to get either a PS3 or Xbox 360 so I can play games not made by Nintendo or Ubisoft. Which system has better games?

Note: I'm not into shooters, Halo, MMORPGs, etc. Except GTA and Resident Evil
London

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to go with PS3. For sure it's going to have Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 5, the new Final Fantasies.. 360 would be easier on your wallet though.
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox is getting Devil May Cry. All the Playstation exclusive games are branching out, which just makes sense as they are losing money by being exclusive to the one console. Only thing about it is that will the game creators have to compromise the total quality of the games to make them play on the Xbox and will the limits of the PS3 be reached.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resident Evil 5 is for 360 as well now. Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, and the new Filan Fantasy games are all Ps3 has left.

360 ftw.
amerowolf
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you're not totally jonesing for MGS4 I'd go with the 360. They're really awesome for shooters, but they got some okay RPG for that too.

And since Resident Evil 5 is apparently coming to the Xbawx, I'd say 360 FTW as well.
Plus Ninja Gaiden Stigma, mmm.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
punk_Jimmy
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm gonna get a 360 then. I was kinda leaning toward it anyway. I personally don't like Sony.
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'mma be getting a PS3 soon.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]...I want to get either a PS3 or Xbox 360 so I can play games not made by Nintendo or Ubisoft. Which system has better games?[/quote]
The PS2.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Fayore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree; there's still excellent games constantly being developed for it even though it's at the end of its run, and its library is immense.

And. It's only like $100~$120 for a new slimline. Good God. <3
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Benk
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What new games have been released for the PS2?
amerowolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let see here. Odin Sphere was released around the end of May. Dawn of Mana around that time too.

Altelier Iris 3 ( Very Happy) and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

I'd say releases for the PS2 are bound to wind down anytime now. Then again no good games really come out in the summer time these days.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God of War 2
Fayore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="amerowolf"]Let see here. Odin Sphere was released around the end of May. Dawn of Mana around that time too.

Altelier Iris 3 ( Very Happy) and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

I'd say releases for the PS2 are bound to wind down anytime now. Then again no good games really come out in the summer time these days.[/quote]

Odin Sphere <333

Have you played Atelier Iris 3 yet? I bought it, but I still haven't gotten around to playing it. X3;;

Also, games have never really come out in the summer... all the big companies aim for the fall season for the holidays.

Although some small companies do still release around now, since the competion's dwindled around now. Persona 3 is coming out in July, omfg YESSSS ~<3

ETA: And Grim Grimoire is due out in a week or so~ Done by the same people who did Odin Sphere, hurrr <3
Nicole1725
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in general the PS3 is a more powerful system. In a year or two it will be beating out Xbox.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Fayore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Well, yeah. Associated with the power is that heavy price tag, which is why it's a turn off for most people.
Nicole1725
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most people are going to wait until it comes down in price
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
amerowolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't played Atelier Iris 3 yet. =/ But I so look forward to the day I have enough money to buy it. Given that I don't get distracted by another game I want. That happens far too often.

Anyway, the problem with people waiting for the PS3's price to go down is that if no one buys it now then it's really never going to end up going down. They need to release the games that will make people want it. Which right now is limited to MGS4. That game better be awesome. If I'm to buy a PS3 for it, then it better be able to cook my dinner, wash my laundry, and fix the broken CD-rom on my computer all at the same time while still supporting ground breaking gameplay.

Wii owns them all though >_>
Fayore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I know what you mean. I keep buying games, but I never finish any of them (and some of them I haven't even started; Suikoden V and KH2 aren't even out of the plastic wrap yet, and I've had Suikoden V for a year now lol)... T_T;

I guess I figure if I buy lots now, I'll have something to do when I quit my job and go to uni. :\ rofl

I would actually prefer to have a Japanese PS3 (and I hear they're cheaper in Japan than NA, though the costs of importing would make them more expensive than buying them here) since I have a bunch of Japanese PS2 games, lol.

But yeah, it's on my list of things to buy. It shouldn't take long to make enough money to pay for one, but whether I'm willing to do the work involved is another matter, rofl.

MGS4... I've never really liked games like that. FPS aren't too bad for me, but they'd better have a really good plot that appeals to me (like, I dunno, RE?) or else I'm not interested. I play far more RPGs because I like the storytelling aspect, and RPGs are easier to play through for me. XD;

Hmm. Atelier Iris 3... I haven't played it, yeah, but I hear a lot of people saying that it's more of a dungeon crawler than a 'true' RPG. I don't really mind dungeon crawlers, but I hope it won't be an absolute bore like Dark Cloud was. :\

And if I get a Wii, it's probably just going to be for the Zelda game(s). XD; I want a DS more right now anyway.
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HerculesRockefeller"]God of War 2[/quote]

Was actually gonna say that, but I said i'd leave it to you.
unfocused

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

360 is killer, I don't play it much though, but it's still pretty badass. Next I might get the PS3, it really depends. I think I'm going to wait on it though, not really for the price to go down, but for the good games to come out. By good games I mean the titles I love (though most will be coming out on 360, so I'm still a bit confused as to what I want). So I might instead get a Wii just for the nun chuck gameplay, for now. I've already played out my new Gamecube, so that's going to the kids, like the NES. I still have no clue what ever happened to my old Saturn...

RE<3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: