Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
None Of My Pitures Will Upload

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alearea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[i][b]None of my pitures will upload, and all I have on this site is writings that none reads. Are my pictures too big? I don't have a scanner so I have to do it at school and I don't always get the option. Help[/b][/i]
Verg
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What message do you get? Please be specific. Are the pics in the right format? FAC can take jpeg and gif, I know that.
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've tried putting like bmp's on before, but they don't work, it's a pain in the @$$. But yeah, it's either you're like using the wrong type of file, the school blocked it, my school blocked like 5 of my forums. Or the file is too big, can't go over... I think it's 300k
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bigger pain in the ass to have to wait for bmps to load, especially for people on dialup. Most people don't even bother waiting.
Akito
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fallenangel (fallen)"] It's a bigger pain in the ass to have to wait for bmps to load, especially for people on dialup. Most people don't even bother waiting. [/quote]
You're lucky it won't even let me do BMP's so if I do in Paint, I have to move it to Photoshop, because my Paint is ghetto, and like won't allow me to save things as JPG's.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vrinda_The_Pyrobeing
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem with my uploading pictures isthat i don't know how big a difference between the 300K limit and my 88.7KB JPG picture

What's the matter with my picture?
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you say what the error is, sombody may be able to help. I make messages when there is an error for a reason.
shamanic_princess
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get an error. :angry:Warning: rename(/home/cstdenis/www/fanart/temp/scan9.jpg,/home/cstdenis/www/fanart/pictures/s/shamanic_princess/scan9.jpg): No such file or directory in /home/cstdenis/www/fanart/add_wizard_add.php on line 49
Error moving image to your folder Grr!

That what it says. Sad

cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That I can work with.

Appearently you didn't have a picture folder. I dont see one in the backup either.

Did you register before or after the sites downtime?

Either way, it should work now.
kendrakae
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting that message too:

Warning: rename(/home/cstdenis/www/fanart/temp/ian5.jpg,/home/cstdenis/www/fanart/pictures/k/kendrakae/ian5.jpg): No such file or directory in /home/cstdenis/www/fanart/add_wizard_add.php on line 49
Error moving image to your folder

I can upload my picture and it shows up fine, but once I fill out the form and click submit this appears. Help please!
tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uneasy I keep having problems too. Sad
I can see the picture after I browse for it, but once I do that and press upload, this appears ever single time (it's been going on for a long time now):

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that error could be alot of things WTF?

Sounds like the upload is timing out.

Are you trying to upload a big bpm or psd file?
SenayDragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I try to upload pictures, I get the message:

Warning: rename(/home/cstdenis/www/fanart/temp/newyearshiei3.jpg,/home/cstdenis/www/fanart/pictures/s/SenayDragon/newyearshiei3.jpg): No such file or directory in /home/cstdenis/www/fanart/add_wizard_add.php on line 49

Just like what the other people were saying, but I still don't understand what's wrong and how I can fix it! Somebody please help me! Sad
kendrakae
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep getting this message when i click Submit:

Warning: rename
(/home/cstdenis/www/fanart/temp/ian5.jpg,/home/cstdenis/www/fanart/pictures/k/kendrakae/ian5.jpg): No such file or directory in /home/cstdenis/www/fanart/add_wizard_add.php on line 49

I've been trying for a few days now and this just keeps happening.
It says I don't have a folder? How do I make a folder?
Please help!
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are due to a bug with new user registration

I have fixed those 2 accounts
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the FAQ. There are answers dealing with uploading there that detail upload requirements.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to "big bmp or psd", those file types aren't acceptable for upload. If the file you're trying to add is either of those, open it in a program and save it as either a jpg, gif, or png file (further information about that in the FAQ)

As for "the upload timing out", if the file is too big it won't be able to be sent. A small enough file shouldn't take long to upload on any connection. Again, that goes along with file types.

If you scanned and saved an image (along with digital pictures), a lot of times they get saved as bmps and must be converted to something else. If it's a CG, you have to make sure jpg, gif, or png is the file type selected on the save as menu.
Mondo
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad None o my Pics won't upload I sent "god" a messeage and a email say i agree with rules but no reply. MY account says i have NOT agreed with new rules.! Please tell me how i can agree with them because i want to submit my art Sad
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you attempt to add a picture, it should take you to the new rules. In order to agree, you have to click the button at the bottom.
lain
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm hey im new at this whole uplooading thing and im having trouble. whenever i try to upload an image it says: The file you uploaded doesn't appear to be a valid image format for use on the internet. Type it is reported as: application/octet-stream

I dont really understand what 2 do from here. If any1 would help me with this id be very gratefull. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Help All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: