Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Worst Books Ever!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny that half the shit in this thread is people complaining about books they had to read for school. Let's see [i]you[/i] write better. I thought To Kill a Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies were brilliant.

Most of the awful books I've read aren't things you people would recognize. Some popular stuff that pretty much just sucked would be Eragon, later Harry Potter books, and anything by Dan Brown.
AlysInWonderland
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call of the Wild
Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde

Oh man, has anyone ever read these school books called the Junior Great Books? I can't stand those stories.
RADEX07
in Deep Thought

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

god dam crucible:!:
nearly died read it
AmayaHayate
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord of the Flys

To Kill a Mockingbird

Honestly, I got lost in their fluff. I couldn't tell the author's rambling from the action. Therefore, I didn't understand either books. I literally got lost and confused reading them.
London

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolol. Your two hated books are books I liked that I mentioned earlier three posts up.

I don't remember LotF enough to talk about it, but in what way was To Kill a Mockingbird full of fluff?
AmayaHayate
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it just seemed like the narrator was rambling. The author, in example, was talking about Scout, describing action and what Scout was currently doing. And then, it seemed as though the narration tapered off into a flashback that lasted maybe 3 paragraphs before finding itself back in the current time. To me, it seemed like that flashback was part of the current action.

It could've been just me at the time. I probably wasn't paying attention to the story as it progressed, which I guess would probably lose me. The story just seemed boring to me.
luckycloverluck
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of Raymond E. Feist's books.

Now don't get me wrong, he's a bloody brilliant writer, and he has more talent in a single fingernail then I'll probably ever have. It's just that...well, he can be a little close-minded with characters.

For example, most of his female characters are blond and blue-eyed, and the guys in the book fall in love with the majority of said female characters. It gets a little annoying after a while to read about a guy falling for a highly attractive, blond chick with blue eyes. I have nothing against people with blond hair and blue eyes (that would be stupid), but seriously Raymond, [i]come on.[/i] You need a bit more variety there, boy! Rolling Eyes

I'm done now.

If you feel that the fandom is worthless, then fighting the urge to pass judgement on a picture based on that fandom is a rather good idea.

That is, of course, unless you want the fangirls/fanboys coming after you with foaming mouths.
+++++++++++++++++++
"Thy pen is mightier then thy sword."
"But Miss Lefae!"
"THOU SHALT NOT FORGETETH THAT, PUNKETH!!"
Rancor125
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This series called "Deltora". It probably doesn't even deserve to have it's name capitalized. Mad
[img]http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.outabounds.com/images/nfl_raiders2.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.outabounds.com/NFL-Golf/nfl-golf-raiders.htm&h=125&w=450&sz=7&hl=en&start=69&tbnid=YPhilyF8T4ttmM:&tbnh=35&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Draiders%2Blogo%26start%3D54%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN[\img]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
slavetotheWALL
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom of the opera

It deviates from first, to second, to third person, thus confusing the hell out of me.
London

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you suck at reading does not make the book awful.
slavetotheWALL
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does considering a vast majority feels the same

1. It was originaly french and had to be translated in english (it might not be gaston's fault)

2. It goes from christine to roaul to phantom to author. It does not hold a good view

3. Gaston Leroux might have been on something

(BTW don't flame asshole, just b/c I have an oppinion on a certain book does not make me illiterate)
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="slavetotheWALL"]Yes it does considering a vast majority feels the same

1. It was originaly french and had to be translated in english (it might not be gaston's fault)

2. It goes from christine to roaul to phantom to author. It does not hold a good view

(BTW don't flame asshole, just b/c I have an oppinion on a certain book does not make me illiterate)[/quote]

Except that you are.
Fayore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="London"]It's funny that half the s**t in this thread is people complaining about books they had to read for school. Let's see [i]you[/i] write better. I thought To Kill a Mockingbird and Lord of the Flies were brilliant.

Most of the awful books I've read aren't things you people would recognize. Some popular stuff that pretty much just sucked would be Eragon, later Harry Potter books, and anything by Dan Brown.[/quote]

...Holy shit, you're like my spiritual clone or something! 8U Maybe this is why Blian gets us confused all the time, lololol

Also, Brown's books should never have been as popular as they are. They present (often misinformed!) controversy in an EPICALLY HORRID writing style. Ick. D: it also drives me mad when people say they read The DaVinci Code because it bashes Christianity
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
slavetotheWALL
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="HerculesRockefeller"][quote="slavetotheWALL"]Yes it does considering a vast majority feels the same

(BTW don't flame asshole, just b/c I have an oppinion on a certain book does not make me illiterate)[/quote]

Except that you are.[/quote]

So tell me something Mr. Tyler,

Why is it that you insist on being a prick jumping into a thread and not even contributing to what it asks of you

((I didn't like a separate peace))
CalicoCat
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate Harry Potter, too. He is so self-centered, and soo boring... Well, in my opinion. *Unsheaths claws and attacks Harry Potter*
Tarlrulesher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximum Ride sux.
"It is for such that men most cheerfully risk their lives," he said.
"Oh?" she said.
"Certainly," he said, "you would not expect them to go to all that trouble for a mere free female, would you?"
Renegades of Gor, page 218
yuai77
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya. my big bro had to read "The Red Pony" in school. Guess what. The red pony died in the first chapter. What's with that!?
friend
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished To Kill A Mockingbird I have to say I like it. Also the The Ousiders so far my favorite book.

Books I hated reading in english class are The Hobbit and The Giver. The Hobbit was just pointless. oooh Bilbo was kidnapped then he was let go like 5 times after that he goes and gets the ring. wow. The Giver was just annoying.
London

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why everyone loved The Outsiders. I didn't particularly dislike it, but I never enjoyed it.

Never read The Giver.

You.. didn't like The Hobbit? You are a strange person. A very strange person who does not appreciate brilliant story telling.
Edward_Elric_1308
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like Artemis Fowl or w/e
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: