Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Jthm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UNITED_WE_SUCK
Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone read the JtHM comics because I have not but they look real good and funny you see it started when I came across this site not on purpose but just was browsing the internet and saw the pictures of the hour and there I saw one picture that changed my comic book life anyway I poled 4 it at my local comic book store and i wanted 2 here you peoples thoughts on JtHM Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Alagaesia1silverfang
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*,*;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TenthDivine
Canhas uzertitle nao?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any thoughts on it other than I know it's about...a homicidal maniac? Or not? I dunno. oo;
Fluffy123
Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the comics for a few years now. I'm a huge Jhonen Vasquez fan. (no duh! Laughing ) The art is really good as is the satire. I'd recommend it if you're into satirical, dark humor and if your parents either don't care what you read or if you have a good hiding spot for your comics. Reason being the language, violence, and other messed up sh*t.

One word on the art, the shading is beautiful and characters are hardly if ever in the same pose/position more than once. ...except Happy Noodle Boy. Then again, Noodle Boy sucks, but it's a good kind of suck. It's the suckyness you can laugh and point at before vomiting.
Yusuke
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read them....>P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rikuma

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The JTHM comics aren't just all violence. The main character struggles with a lot of inner conflict. The writer also touches on some of the corrupted views of society. Parts of the comics can get deep and hatefully truthful. Though there are jokes on nearly every page. I can remember a part where Johnny was at a mini-mart and he was getting a freezie and on the freezer machine instructions it read: "Pull Gently...oh yeah that's good."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was in the autobiographical comic part. Laughing ...I wish I could fly and have a spacestation like Jhonen. *sigh*

Speaking of the inner conflict that Rikuma mentioned, the cover of the 4th book demonstrates it very well. I love how Nny is sitting in the electrical chair looking all depressed with the cord in his head... although the other end is unplugged and the "system down" screen hangs over his head along with a screen showing D-boy's glare. He tries so hard to kill himself.
SL

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never got to read Jthm. ;-; I don't really like Jhonen's art anymore for some reason, but when I liked it I read 'I Feel Sick' and that was good. I also had the squeezy Squeeky toy from it, before my little brother chewed it to death. =P I read Filler Bunny, but I didn't really like that one.
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Spooky squeek toy! Laughing
yuyuyasha33
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gasp* I want it Surprised

[quote]I wish I could fly and have a spacestation like Jhonen[/quote]

*sigh* We all wish we could be like Jhonen.... . . . I LOVE JTHM, it got me into all of Jhonen's work. I got the director's cut, which means I couldn't read any of the meanwhiles or anything except for Happy Noodle Boy. Sad But fortunately, I just recently found a shop with the individual issues. Laughing
Lakilester13
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a spooky....i.ve had it for a few months now. Sometimes I wish that the character Mmy didn't exist, then I wouldn't be getting teased about my name. People call me, "Mi" Because my name's Jimi. Or my nickname is. Being the female Jimi is hard work. At least spooky still respects me...*squeek*
YuriUsagimaru
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy the books, their funny as hell, for example:
in one strip this vampire bites a guy (sorry if my examples suck =P) and nhe turns into a hidiouse being, his fangs are as big as your body, and he bites into this dudes head and he looks fucking retarted =3 yeah...that sucked...but youll have to read the comic to find the strip Wink
GuardianKat
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Great book! Reply with quote

[color=yellow][/color] I just got the directors cut edition not too long ago, it is the funniest thing ive ever read
Graceful8Vampire8Godess8
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: JTHM Reply with quote

BLARRGH I LOVE JTHM W/ A PASSION READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But it's fine
You do this all the time
~ Panic at the Disco
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa169/Vampire8Godess8/thPrettyOdd.png[/img]
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3
From A Mountain In The Middle Of The Cabins
No4
Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a great little comic, with mischief around every turn. Not the best comic book in the entire world, but you should definently pick it up if you like stories of cartoon murder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: