Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Is there honestly anyone else here who doesn't like Naruto?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like Naruto?
Yes
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
No.
62%
 62%  [ 17 ]
GTFO!!!1!!
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started to read Naruto so long time ago, there was only one scanlator doing the series, and it was on 128k

also, walked snow barefoot, uphill both ways etc. etc.

I stopped reading... 4 years ago? don't know what happened after Naruto became older... or something.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER: after the Chunin Exam, gay sex. For 30 or so volumes.
bishielover75
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naruto started out with great potential and great art, but then suffered the same fan-catering, commercialized, drawn-out, multi-arc fate that most shonen series do and began to royally suck.
Gold777
Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: hi there Reply with quote

well...i know how you guys feel. I hate him too. And to think that it got that popular..
eeveelova4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naruto really does suck Evil or Very Mad
luckycloverluck
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-edited out by myself because it was late, I was stupid, and I realize this made completely no sense-

If you feel that the fandom is worthless, then fighting the urge to pass judgement on a picture based on that fandom is a rather good idea.

That is, of course, unless you want the fangirls/fanboys coming after you with foaming mouths.
+++++++++++++++++++
"Thy pen is mightier then thy sword."
"But Miss Lefae!"
"THOU SHALT NOT FORGETETH THAT, PUNKETH!!"

Last edited by luckycloverluck on Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
rlkitten
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckycloverluck"]Honestly, the whole jutsu thing got old for me. It seemed that it was repetetive, and the powers that they had...in my opinion, kinda Mary-Sueish.

For example...

IT HAS BEEN PROVEN BY MYTHBUSTERS that you cannot survive having a fist punched into your skull -realistically- and flying into the air like a birdy without having your face cave in. Unless you had a face of steel, I'd doubt that one would live to tell the tale.

That's all I'm going to say. Seriously, there are few animes I like; the limit of power and/or storylines often go [i]waaaaaay[/i] overboard, in my opinion.[/quote]

ninjas in general use jutsu stupid. T_T Not just Naruto and his crew. And who cares if half the stuff they do isn't realistic? SINCE WHEN IS SHOUNEN STUFF REALLY THAT REALISTIC???

PROVED ON MYTHBUSTERS: You cannot conceal fantasy creatures within balls three times smaller than thier actuall size and expect them to live there until you through it through the air and call thier name followed by a "I choose you!!"

PROVED ON MYTHBUSTERS: A human soul cannot be sucked into a playing card and used in battle T_T Dude. wtf
London

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...they actually did those on mythbusters?

Stop bashing shounen manga in particular. Manga is not supposed to be realistic, and pokemon is not shounen.
luckycloverluck
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="London"]...they actually did those on mythbusters?

Stop bashing shounen manga in particular. Manga is not supposed to be realistic, and pokemon is not shounen.[/quote]

I know they did the fist one, but not sure about the others.

I know it isn't supposed to be realistic, and I didn't mean to come across as bashing it. In fact, I like shounen myself (Fullmetal Alchemist is what got me into anime), and I enjoy intense fighting scenes. However, I feel that with Naruto, the line between artistic license and Sueish was crossed a few times.

In response to rlkitten:

I know ninja use jutsu, but it seemed to me that Naruto had a jutsu for everything; a jutsu to revive the dead, a jutsu that summoned a giant toad, etc. Some jutsu techniques were awesome, but there were others that got kind of Sueish (in my opinion, of course).

I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my previous post; rereading it, I found that I did come off as a bit rude. >.< My sincere apologies, everyone.

If you feel that the fandom is worthless, then fighting the urge to pass judgement on a picture based on that fandom is a rather good idea.

That is, of course, unless you want the fangirls/fanboys coming after you with foaming mouths.
+++++++++++++++++++
"But Miss Lefae!"
rlkitten
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, of course they didn't do the other ones...i think. O.o if they did that's be awesome but very unlikely... I was mocking you using mythbusters on an anime/manga.

What fun would maga's be if people died as soon as they got punched/hit/stabbed??? No fun at all, that's what =3
rlkitten
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="London"]Manga is not supposed to be realistic, and pokemon is not shounen.[/quote]

True. *nod* My B.
luckycloverluck
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rlkitten"]lol, of course they didn't do the other ones...i think. O.o if they did that's be awesome but very unlikely... I was mocking you using mythbusters on an anime/manga.

What fun would maga's be if people died as soon as they got punched/hit/stabbed??? No fun at all, that's what =3[/quote]

Indeed...-evil cackle- >:3

+++++++++++++++++++
"But Miss Lefae!"
anime-junkie
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it okay atm. I used to be like 'HOMFG NARUTO IS TEH BESTEST AND SO KAWAII OWO!!!! DESUDESU@W@'

But now I'm like 'Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Kishimoto, I can't stand your crap anymore!'
jubeistormiautumn
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hardly even decent. Oo I hate the fact that's so...popular when it's nothing special.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sliv
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Naruto is really bad. Really, really bad. Really bad. Mad
Mechjunkie
Newb

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IN RESPONSE TO THE GUYS TALKING ABOUT HOW NINJAS USE JUTSUS:

uhhhh, actually..

a "jutsu" is just the name of a certain skill that the ninja would learn, ex: tai-jutsu= hand to hand combat , literally translates to body art.

jutsus would be something like learning to swim or learning to make a bomb.
not some awesome technique summoned by a complicated series of ninja gang signs or anything.

in fact the hand signs in naruto came from what is called the nine cuts in ninjutsu, they WERE hand signs, but they were only used in order to prepare the mind before a mission, and not in rapid succession like they do in naruto.
they would never pull em out in the midst of battle.

no offense or anything, but just so you don't flamed in the future by some random hardkore ninja fan.
gamefox120
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh I used to like Naruto but that was a naive
era...
now, I wouldn't scientifically analyze naruto or anything else that is fake
but I am one of those guys who would like Fantastic things to have fantastic consequences, a seed of truth you might say
like for instance I notice that there is a small amount of technology in Naruto
like cameras and cranes if im not mistaken. if they have that then shouldent they have guns?
Yeah chakra makes pretty designs and balls of light but a bullet is faster than a shuriken or kunai by any means and the entire village wall of konoha would be leveled with one volley of cannon fire all i am saying is that humans look for the best thing to defend themselves with and in a world that has even the smallest applications some one is going to transform there knowledge into a weapon and if technology is there they rely on that not years of ninja traning on a hill top. so, we have naruto here with with a demon in him the village keeps him but ignores him, yeah real smart....
real human society would banish him to a far off place or chunk him off a cliff far far away as a baby to prevent the demon from attacking the village
and if you think "oh my! thats mean, no one would ever do that!"
well, read Oedipus Rex or King Arthur both are stories that are based on the real human psyche and I guess thats what Im trying to get across here
if these stories are going to have people running around doing ninja hand signs and blowing fire I want them to have a good reason for doing so
why not have ninjas who have grenades and PP7's with silencers attached?
and also Orange WHY? Orange. btw

Mechjunkie is right about the jutsu stuff
PlasmaTrooper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it. HATE HATE HATE IT!

Then again, most anime sucks.
CatiJoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Naruto either.
RammsteinSkollexxx
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a show filled with boys who are supposed to be hot i hate it. a lot. not just the anime itself-which is just lame and not worth loathing with passion- but the fandom! like twilight, the fangirls just make it worst(but twilight is much much worse)

watch hellsing Very Happy !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: