Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Underated...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michae1989

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion, considering the cult status such as akira and ghost in the shell have reached and the mainstream attention spirited away got i can't help but think evangelion is very underated. even though it is well known amoung most anime fans i just don't feel it has got the attention it has deserved.

anyway give me ur opinion on what anime you think is underated...
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0079 Mobile Suit Gundam

A lot of people complain and b***h about the bad animation.
They don't look past that at the incredible storyline, and the fact that it was made in the 70's
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shinto_grrl
Still very bored

Location: my ass is planted in Texas, along with my man-eating plant "FEED ME SEYMOUR!!!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna say Neon Genesis Evangelion, too. ^^ It rules! And especially for an older anime that has a little cruddier-looking animation, or more like Trigun. People need to stop and smell the insanity. :wub:
Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_O
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orphen, is very underrated, they have like 5 piks of it on the whole site.
And ninja scroll. :wub: I havent seen the movie, both parents and uncle says its too bloody for me >.> so I resorted to 13 episodes of blood, guts, and daggers to the eyes. XD Laughing
michae1989

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also find that perfect blue has been somewhat in the shadow of other movies, like the ones i have mentioned previously. perfect blue should be essential veiwing for any serious anime fan.
shadowgodess
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy Unlimted. The plot line in the first four episodes was bad which drove away people, then it started to get better and better from the middle to the end. People today can't wait around till the show gets better cause they would rather watch anime that everyone else is watching. I always watch everything through.
Kes
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a anime called Shinzo I really liked and thought it was under rated, so the tv takes it off becuz it was under rated but it good.
I think Vampire Princess Miyu was under rated, really good, interesting twists and whatever in it but it never even made tv over here, so had to buy the dvds.
OMNI-X
Very bored

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="michae1989 (michael taylor)"] in my opinion, considering the cult status such as akira and ghost in the shell have reached and the mainstream attention spirited away got i can't help but think evangelion is very underated. even though it is well known amoung most anime fans i just don't feel it has got the attention it has deserved.

anyway give me ur opinion on what anime you think is underated... [/quote]
EVA, underrated?

I don't think so.

Aside from the total crapola that's Akira, EVA is probably the second or third most overrated anime of all time.

If there's one underrated anime that I've seen, it's Jin Roh.

Jin Roh is a powerful human drama minus the super powers and cutesy stuff. It's straight forward and doesn't miss a beat.
Barney--TheAnti-Christ
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Shinzo. Wasn't it on ABC family? That was a really good show I thought... but not the best animation... stopping now.
Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_O
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="OMNI-X (Omni_Existence)"] [quote="michae1989 (michael taylor)"] in my opinion, considering the cult status such as akira and ghost in the shell have reached and the mainstream attention spirited away got i can't help but think evangelion is very underated. even though it is well known amoung most anime fans i just don't feel it has got the attention it has deserved.

anyway give me ur opinion on what anime you think is underated... [/quote]

Aside from the total crapola that's Akira, EVA is probably the second or third most overrated anime of all time.

[/quote]
If its over rated, it doesnt make it crap you idiot.

Of course, you won't say anything about ghost in the shell b/c you know its true.

Akira is an amazing movie, with an excellent story line, excitement, and good animation.

You just dont like it b/c you cant understand the complexity of it.
And it makes you feel bad, so you dont like it.l

if thats not it,
Why dont you like it?

Akira is underrated, almost every one on this site knows Inuyasha, but not the anime movie that started the anime craze everwhere else.

Akira, is basically, the anime that started animes.
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martian Successor Nadesico is underated. Great characters, a plot with plenty of twists, some deaths, a little humour thrown in, and an anime-within-an-anime (Gekiganger 3!). The show's just great all round.
OMNI-X
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Koikaji_Saru_the_Wierd_O (Izzy)"] If its over rated, it doesnt make it crap you idiot.

Of course, you won't say anything about ghost in the shell b/c you know its true.

Akira is an amazing movie, with an excellent story line, excitement, and good animation.

You just dont like it b/c you cant understand the complexity of it.
And it makes you feel bad, so you dont like it.l

if thats not it,
Why dont you like it?

[/quote]
Name calling?

What are you a friggin 5 year old? . . . .

You're calling me an idiot, but you're the one who can't even pace his/her sentencing that well?

The post asked for the most overrated anime didn't it, so I gave my opinion on it. Akira's UTTER CRAP and suddenly I'm an idiot for stating my opinion?

Jeez... how much of a child are you?

Well guess what kiddo, Akira [b]IS[/b] crap!

Akira is the same as that gooey thing that comes out of your ass when you've had too many burrito's over at Taco Bell.

And don't give me any of that [i]complexity of the story[/i] bullsh!te about Akira. If you think Akira's story line is complex, that YOU'RE A MUCH BIGGER IDIOT than I am.

[quote]Akira, is basically, the anime that started animes.[/quote]

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

That statement alone just shows how much you DON'T even know about anime.

Akira MAY have started the anime craze in North America (or where ever the frag you came from), but not for the rest of the world. A lot of old school fans grew up on different anime titles, and Akira certainly is NOT one of the titles that drove them to being anime fans. To say that it did (like many of you more 'recent' anime fans claim), makes Akira overrated.

If you think that Akira is what started the anime then you're a far worse kind of IDIOT than I originally thought of.

[quote]Akira is underrated, almost every one on this site knows Inuyasha, but not the anime movie that started the anime craze everwhere else.[/quote]

Silly rabbit.

Get your friggin facts straight before you try telling someone that THEIR OWN OPINION is wrong.
michae1989

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i wonder why my overated anime thread did ok and yet my underated anime thread has... bombed! must be becuase people on this site would rather bitch about something that boast about it lol and whats this, my thread has went from the last page to the first! a smart person would think i planned that Wink
TECM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yu yu hakusho, I am so addicted to that show
DG-sama

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YYH is far far FAR away from being underrated Razz

God damn you signature WORK!
VR_Jay
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9th MS Team is the only Gundam I could take seriously. All the others remind me of Power Ranger Zords. Plus the voice acting is abysmal. But we finally got one that puts our friendly little death-machines into a conflict I can believe in. Guerilla warfare, jungle fights, actual military tactics. Now, if only they would stop painting there goddamned mechs yellow and white....

[color=black]"Your toast is burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff!" ~ Caboose, Red vs. Blue[/color]
Rindi_chan
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.... Somehow I was too lazy to read this thread before now. I can say with definite certainty that Evangelion is not underrated. It might not be well-known in the States to the kids who are just getting into anime, but, geez! The first few anime fans that I met were all HUGE Eva fans. I watched the series years later and didn't know what they saw in it.

The series is stupidly popular in Japan, even until this day. There are games based around it (official and fan-made), there is manga based on the original anime series (both one that follows the storyline, and one that looks like a highschool comedy with Asuka, Rei, Shinji, and Kaworu). Any arcade that you go to in Japan that has those UFO-catcher games will have some sort of Rei/Asuka figure thing going on. Last I heard, they're making a live-action Eva movie. Kind of ridiculous, if you ask me.

Man, asking for underrated anime... That's not easy. I'd suggest Otaku no Video. Excellent to watch in order to test your otakuness/anime from the 80's knowledge. Everyone here would fail, I guarantee it. I didn't get half the references they made in that thing. XD It's hilarious though - worth watching for the 'interviews' with 'real otaku' alone.

Perfect Blue is another good pick. So is any other Satoshi Kon film, for that matter (Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers). Not quite as universally appealing as Studio Ghibli films, but I'd rank 'em right up there. Millennium Actress, especially.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millenium actress, definately Rolling eyes My sister watched that three times.

hmm, based on my anime club experience, I'd say Kino no Tabi is pretty underrated, but that might be because the entire club was mecha fans.
Rindi_chan
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh.... I never finished watching Kino no Tabi. It just seemed kinda... negative. Like yeah, people suck. I get it already. I did like the drifting feeling I got from it though. Definitely underrated. ^_~

I just thought of something else. How about the works of Yoshitoshi Abe? I know I got the capitalization wrong in there, so sue me. His character designs/art style is really cool. Haibane Renmei was kinda slow, but definitely different. Nicely done. Serial Experiments Lain was a real mind trip. And Niea_7, from what little of it that I saw, was odd but amusing.
Sephir0th666777
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="VR_Jay (Will)"] 9th MS Team is the only Gundam I could take seriously. All the others remind me of Power Ranger Zords. Plus the voice acting is abysmal. But we finally got one that puts our friendly little death-machines into a conflict I can believe in. Guerilla warfare, jungle fights, actual military tactics. Now, if only they would stop painting there goddamned mechs yellow and white.... [/quote]
08th MS Team Rocked :wub:

They should have made more Gundam OVAs focusing on grunt teams, because that is essentaily what they were.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: