Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Favorite Book(s)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkNightWolf
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[u]'Salem's Lot[/u] by Stephen King
erisa_fullysick

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I think it would be the Inheritance trilogy by Christopher Paolini. I dont know why I love that seires so much. Only the first and second book have come out but I love 'em.
I'm going to say my most hated books, even though this is a favourite book thread. Deltora Quest by Emily Rodda. That whole seires sickens me to the gut. There are three seires of Deltora Quest. 7 books in the first one, 3 books in the second one, and 4 books in the third one. With each seires they keep getting worse.
Some other books I like are The Wish List by Eoin Colfer (Is that how its spelt?) The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R Tolkein, The Hobbit ,also by J.R.R Tolkein, is pretty good. The Artemis Fowl Seires is nice (By Eoin Colfer), and the Alex Rider seires is good (I don't know who thats by). The Spiderwick Chronicles are weird. The Darren Shan seires is also a bit strange. I've read two 'The Babysitters Club' books and I hate them so much. 'Ooooooh look at me I babysit,I'm OH SO special.' The babysitters must die a slow and painful death.
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artemis Fowl was good, I'm a little old for them but they amuse me, I wanna read the 4th. I used to like Babysitters when I was a kid (90s kid Razz). Deltora was ok, but monotonous. Like you said, they got worse each time. Its a shame, they had such potential. And the covers were gorgeous.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
erisa_fullysick

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually only bought Deltora Quest because of the cover. Is that what they mean by you shouldnt judge a book by its cover...
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so lol. That;s why I bought them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pabbit_da_Rabbit
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="erisa_fullysick (Erisa Is Fully"] I actually only bought Deltora Quest because of the cover. Is that what they mean by you shouldnt judge a book by its cover... [/quote]
Oh my! Deltora Quest! That was the name of the book that I had been wondering about for such a long time! I saw it once in a bookstore, and thought, I have to remember this title, but I went home and forgot it. Now, you've reminded me!

Aww, so they weren't that good? But would you recommend reading the first book?
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were ok, but the reading level is much younger than the books are made out to be, and each book is about as redundant as a Power Ranger series Laughing. Its one of those books that you will keep reading out of sheer boredom but won't love them.

I'm clearing out all my old books for college, so I'll probably be selling the set if you'd like them at a cheaper price than going to Borders. Wink
PFC
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I checked out Deltora Quest because of it's cover. To me, those were straaaange books.
Brownie456
Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Harry Potter. Very Happy
Brownie456
Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deltora Quest stunk.
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Hey, you can just edit your post, don't double post a minute later. Smile )
adaobi
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite book, well series of books are the Lioness Rampant and the Tricksters both written by Tamora Pierce. Razz

[QUOTE]I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity.

MysticBlade
Has No Life

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
adaobi
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite poet is Shell Silverstien. You know the one who wrote Where the Sidewalk Ends and Up in the Attic.
GollumDragon
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love him. (He is also an artist ^_^) My freshman year of high school I was in a One Act spoof off of American Idol called "American Poet: Where the Sidewalk Ends (The Insanity Begins)" and instead of singing the contenders actively read Silverstein poetry. I played the zookeeper who said "I'm Being Eaten by a Boa Constrictor, the alligator poem, and the fishing poem. The ironic part was I really do work at a zoo so I wore my uniform. No one believed me it was authentic though ;_;
adaobi
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best poems in Where the Sidewalk Ends, I think, is Sick. It made me laugh so hard once she realized it was Saturday. Shell has a very creative mind. I did a project on him once and I got a 110 becasue of all the great examples from his work and his life.
Astronamymage
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phantom Toll Booth all the way. I love the way things are never how they should be and perception and jumping to conclusions can lead you down the wrong path.
2good2bebad
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vampire Armand By Anne Rice

as well as

The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice
Codelyokolover
Newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Outsiders by SE Hinton, seriously, it's one of those books you'd never pick up but when they make you read it you fall in love with it.

Harry Potter too Very Happy
ketsurui

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i'm in love with Alexandre Dumas's books. Especially "The Three Musketeers" and "The Count of Monte Christo".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: