Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Pokemon Excitement! Diamond and Pearl.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DG-sama

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTS cloning technique in case someone doesn't know it yet

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/786/786927p1.html
kittyshootingstar
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for one, I don't have internet acces that is compatible with my DS. Can't get some security key right. And besides, most of the stuff I want t oclone can be done in Emerald. Then I can just transfer it in through Pal Park. But I suppose that would work for some people...
DG-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually... I would imagine it would work for a lot of people...

One... many people DO have access to WiFi
Two... I'm betting not everyone owns Emerald
Three... you don't need to have beaten the E4 in both games to clone
Four... You can't clone EVERYTHING in Emerald.. I wouldn't exactly be able to duplicate my G4 legandaries or the boot load of pokemon I traded online for...

It's actually a lot easier then the emerald one if you ask me o.O
DG-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DG-sama"]Actually... I would imagine it would work for a lot of people...

One... many people DO have access to WiFi
Two... I'm betting not everyone owns Emerald
Three... you don't need to have beaten the E4 to clone (and you need them beaten in both games to actually transfer to pal park...)
Four... You can't clone EVERYTHING in Emerald.. I wouldn't exactly be able to duplicate my G4 legandaries or the boot load of pokemon I traded online for...

It's actually a lot easier then the emerald one if you ask me o.O[/quote]
KeheiZero
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a forum echo?
anime_slacker
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote]My strategy consist of training everyone to the same level.
That way, I can switch out depending on the situation.
And I always put my weakest out first, you know, for exp.[/quote]
I usually try that too, but once your Pokédex expands beyond a certain size...

As for exp., just give them the Exp.Share to hold. Then if you have them in the lead they get 75% of the exp., except with the risk of not being able to flee a wild pokémon, or spending a turn to swap them out for one of your mainstays during a trainer battle.[/quote]
Yeah, I like to give the exp. share to 'em, but I usually only give it to the one up front for, like your said, 75% of the exp. I don't really like giving it to a party member on the bench, it seems like it drains too much exp from my leader, than it is giving it to them. But it's still a great way to level up you low-levels even if you do put them in the back.
Way back in the Blue/Red days, I would give the exp. share to a weak one in the back and just go fight the E4 a couple of times to get them leveled up quickly.

But more often than not, I don't even use the Exp. Share. I'd rather give them an item to boost some sort of stat, or attack effectivness.
Or letters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kittyshootingstar
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More often than not, if it's on the Gen3 games, I'll transfer it to my Pokemon XD or Colluseum and do some of the later parts of Mt. Battle for the exp.

P.S. Finally got GTS access in D/P. Anyone want to trade friend codes or pokemon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: