Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Quality Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't help a damn bit with the scanning advice and instructions as i don't do well with it myself, and i get rather pissed off rather easily when i just want to push scan and it won't scan! That's why my stepdad does that for me so i don't break the damn thing he just bought me. Worked the first week then just died on me and changed it's mind on how it would work on me instead of working sensibly. So yeah.

and i'm stil adiment about the damn lined paper. There's a difference between just drawing your s**t on it and leaving it be and incorperating it to add to the drawing itself. And if you'd please be so kind as to give an example so i don't agree with something that is different from what i'm thinking about.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RoseDagger
Still very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have a lexmark 83 scanner i'd have to say its much easyier. We just replaced the one i Hexed because it wouldnt work. WIth a lexmark toy push the 'scan to program' button and then the 'scan' button. A thing will pop up onna computer and then you select the program and hit ok.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tenchigirl15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ummm..... sorry if this is a wrong forum but I got a question about the email on the reject or post (I think thats what its called)... but how long should I get the email?? :huh: a couple hours or a day or two??? . . . . couse this is the first time Iv ever seen this, and its really confusing me!!! Sad
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charcoal pencils are dirt cheap. Any charcoal tools are cheap, really. Blending stumps go for a dime a piece, pencils for maybe 50 cents, I buy 'em in packs. Willow charcoal at a couple bucks for a huge pack of a billion pieces. No idea about ebony pencils. Only used 'em in one class and didn't like them at all.

As for scanning, I'm really no help because graphite and soft shading doesn't scan for crap no matter what your settings are, so I just scan on black and white, 300 dpi, and resize and contrast adjust in photoshop.
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny you should mention tutorials.
I've been meaning to make a couple for resizing and croping.
The problem with scanning tutorials is that it really depends on what kind of scanner/scanning program you have individually n.n;;;;

As for the suggested guidlines: great! Love them!
I don't think binder paper should be allowed at all. You could get a stack of clean paper with like 100 sheets for a buck at the dollar store.
I hardly think anyone would put their best effor (or any effort at all) in something they doodled during a math lecture T.T;;;;

the only time I could even think of making exceptions for this is if by chance it's AMAZINGLY good (which I've seen ever so often) people just get in this "zone" sometimes
But they should edit out any writing or anything.

Also, if for the picture they needed binder paper. LIke...when you have random newspaper as your picture background. But that would be a finished picture and shouldn't have binder paper lines going through the actual image. just the background.

That's my opinion anyway n.n;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay.

I wanted to know if and when we're putting quality controls into affect because there are a bunch on the approval board that I'm not touching until I know (needs to be cropped badly/on ...not just binder paper...but "agenda" books....)

I want to know when and where to draw the line as soon as possible so I know what to do here n.n thanks!
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will be in effect when i compile them and post an announcement about it on the main site. sometime today I expect.
RoseDagger
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....great then we can judge the picture properly Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's great, no rush though i don't want anyone killing themselves trying to hurry themselves along to get somethings else. I know a lot of the staff has been killing themselves lately with work outside of the site not to mention trying to keep up on here <_< including me, hence my absence on the panel.
RoseDagger
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasher most people should understand that the mods are the one who keep this site going. They do alot for the people on here so they are bound to be tied up in work. I can understand that. I'm glad that the quality control will be up though and if people arent thankful....*glares at unthankful people with death shining in her eyes* they need to be whipped...lol
Anyway.............................
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you think i don't know that. Any idea how much lip i get around this damn place *sighs* but i deal with it and just slap them around if they get a little to cheeky with me. <_<

And by the way, THIS person didn't have trouble drawing on plain paper in school!

http://www.fanart-central.net/pictures.php?pid=62050

Amazing, ain't it (i'm being overly sarcastic today so watch me.....) No, really, it's not that hard to draw on freakin plain paper, really...trust me.
KeywielderofHollowBastion
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sucks some people can't get the white paper!! and its easier to erase of the lined. Trust me, i know. if the ruels are getting so bad, I might move myself to Media Miner, but I'll occastionally come to give comments to my buds ^_^ cuz I have a backup account on there. the white paper is also a little more expensive. Now how can I put my drawings that took like 3 periods if they dont accept lined? that's SO not fair! I have a drawing notebook for a reason. <_< so don't have to annoy my parents for white paper. I'd rather save the trees. Buy a notebook. use the thing. its cheaper in the long run. and they stsay together if you srop them on the floor not a folder of white paper that would spill everywhere, and get stepped on. AND the teachers are less apt to take a notebook thant just a piece of paper. well, thats what uits like in my school. OK, I'm done ranting. if u wana e-mail me, its wigglytuff68@hotmail.com and put in subject, fanart central so I dont delete it. ^_~
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, you're what? 12? 13?

It is NOT that expensive to get white paper. It's like a dollar for a huge stack if you go to a dollar store or a big office depot.

Secondly, it is easier to erace on lined paper (trust [b]me[/b], I know) becase lined paper is thinner and will usually darken much easier.

Thirdly, go to MediaMiner if you want. T.T but they are NOT very nice. I was over there before I came to FAC. The site crashed and when it came back up you had to pay if you were going to have more than a Meg of space.
But....they didn't tell you that VIEWING the pictures would only work half the time for non-paying members.
Sounds fun, i'm sure you'll love it there.

Also...all your pictures are on white paper except for one. o.o what's the deal?
And yeah, it is fair because MOST of the members on FAC have been asking for a ban on white paper. It would not be fair if the minority of the group got to pic what goes on on the site.
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of them are from home. the ones I truly are proud of are on lined paper. I'll get a copy of one of them and oput it in. it took me over an hour to draw it. ON LINED. it came ouyt much better than I planed. Ok, if you can buy a stack of white paper in a dollar store, why not jus tbuy a notebook?, not a drawing, too hard to erase. lined works much better. and its all together in a convient little space, ring bound. and they stay together if you take care of it <_<
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, try 15 n_n
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coulda fooled me

as for the notebook being better because papers won't fall out.
there is such thing as a hole puncher.
If you're 15 then you're almost old enough (depending on what state you live in) to get a job. T.T and then 50 cents worth of difference wouldn't seem like anything but change you found on the floor

the quality controls will keep lined paper out of the galleries and they will be applied soon.
If you don't like it, there's really not a lot you could do except go to a diff site.
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya know what? some people are bad transferers. I'm tired of people call ign us people who draw and won't transfer lazy. Cuz maybe we like it that way. hmmm???? <_< <_< <_< <_< <_< <_<
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works that way. if FAC won't accept my lined paper-ness, I'll go to Mediaminer. I just think that they should think about it for a little bit. maybe they can do a diff site for lined art, so that everyone will be happy.
<_<
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fine, you know what? then i won't t submit to FAC anymore if the stupid rules apply. there about as fair as making a ten-year old do algerbra 2. i just hope this site acctually makes good rules that doesnt film out any art we do at school! SOME people can't GET white paper. and don't tell me its cheap. its not. esopecially where I live its not. and I WANT to stay organized, not carry around more s**t than I already have to1 that's why I use a DRAWING notebook. I can't buy a white paper notebook! its too expensive! besides, it no work! so forget this crap;. I'm moving to Mediaminer oh and BTW FAC, not anythign personal, but why dont you film out poorly drawn paint program drawings? and not pick on us line drawers?hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??? <_< <_<
Diathene
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't want to transfer, it's not hard to remove the lines using photoshop or paintshop pro, or even paint if you're careful. But if you're gonna storm off in a sulk, well hey - it's one less bunch of lined paper drawings the approval panel have to deal with so you're doing them a favour either way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: