Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Quality Control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steffie-chan
Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TenthDivine (Keeper of the Eyes)"] What the hell is L33T or whatever supposed to mean anyway? The mixing of letters and numbers to make words anooys the frickin' hell out of me V_V.

[/quote]
L337 = "leet"
It's just a made-up computer geek language. I don't know where it comes from originally, but I think the popularity of it has come from a webcomic, Megatokyo. It's very funny, very cute. I don't see any problem with using it for fun once in a while, it just gets annoying when that's all you see. The only exception from that is the popular webcomic mentioned before.

And Sephiroth, don't patronize us. I'm sure plenty of us know the difference between "drow" and "draw". <_<
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be surprised. Rolling eyes

I honestly don't see how damn hard it is take the extra fraction of a second to type real words instead of u, ur, 2, h8, y, etc. Just makes a person look young and lazy.
Sephiroth
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Steffie-chan (Stephanie)"] And Sephiroth, don't patronize us. I'm sure plenty of us know the difference between "drow" and "draw". <_< [/quote]
No Patronization intended! Just simply pointing out something that gets terribly confusing sometimes. You would be surprised how many people get the two mixed...and as i deal with BOTH topics, it tends to make for a world of misconception. I was putting the definitions on there in case those that confuse the two might stumble across the topic. Just a little help in advance.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ain't L337 then you is pwn3d
Steffie-chan
Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Sephiroth (Sephiroth)"] No Patronization intended! Just simply pointing out something that gets terribly confusing sometimes. You would be surprised how many people get the two mixed...and as i deal with BOTH topics, it tends to make for a world of misconception. I was putting the definitions on there in case those that confuse the two might stumble across the topic. Just a little help in advance. [/quote]
Really? It's that common of a mistake? Very Happy That's kind of funny.

Fallen, I'm not saying that it's hard and time consuming to type nomally. I never use "u, ur, wat, y" when I type, except when I talk on AIM with my friends. Actually, I hate it when people use those slang/shortcuts on forums. I just don't think it's much of a big deal when people use L337 a little bit just for fun. Smile
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use it to mock those who use it. Rolling eyes Still don't see the point and wish to hit those who use it constantly over the head with a large stick. (which is really the issue, those who use it in every single post)
NightmareShinigami
Newb

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasher, i agree with you whole-heartedly! I have great respect for the webmaster and the team, i really do praise you for your patience with all the crap you have to put up with all the time.... i bought a freakin sketchbook for a whopping 4 bucks at an art store....... Lined paper does make your work look like crap..... and if your that serious about art, quit whining about how bad you are compared to everyone else and do that amazing thing called PRACTICING it does wonders for your work.......

heehee ok im done
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NightmareShinigami (Henry)"] Lasher, i agree with you whole-heartedly! I have great respect for the webmaster and the team, i really do praise you for your patience with all the crap you have to put up with all the time.... i bought a freakin sketchbook for a whopping 4 bucks at an art store....... Lined paper does make your work look like crap..... and if your that serious about art, quit whining about how bad you are compared to everyone else and do that amazing thing called PRACTICING it does wonders for your work.......

heehee ok im done [/quote]
You do realize i'm a business woman of sorts. And i document every shred of evidence i can in my favor. And these little beauties here, go right in my file as proof that all those who argue with me and tell me i'm wrong, are sad and lonely children who need to learn ot pick a fit with someone they can win. If i'm wrong, i'll admit it, hence why i haven't here. Why? Because i haven't been wrong of course.

Congradulations on buying the sketch book. I have an old one in terrible condition, and i'm so ashamed the stuff inside i've tried shredding the junk. Until i found someone broke my shredder *sighs* another piece of equipment to replace. The second, i'm having fun with and playing around with in drawing things in which i can play out to express my ideas and view. I've been told i'd make a great cartoonist. I think i could if given the chance, just don't ask me to do detail, i'm more into the idea, not the detail, although i love looking at detail, i just don't do it all to well or have patience for it.

I'm not a patient one. I'm stubborn, bullheaded, independent, loud, and blunt to the point where i've made girl cry before in the middle of the crowd of people. People, maybe, forward, yes. If i have something to say, i say it, and make sure i'm heard, if i'm not heard, which has yet to happen, i'll go on a compain until i am.

As for the people using slang and shortened terms for real words. Well, the most i'll go into ever doing that sort of thing is fuckin instead of f**king. That sort of thing. I'm notorious with my friends for having the most well written out text messages you could get. I've tried on and off to the the "2" and "u" Just ask powtaz, i try it on and off, he may have noticed, but it's just so, primal to me in a way really. And oh so low on the maturity level. And as an writer, i find it terribly difficult to express one's self in such a way, it's just annoying really.

And thank god, someone has finally dealt with all these damn post counts. It's rather annoying, at least to me, to see these new names, never befere seen, with just as many posts as i, and even more, look at spook for example, 2,600 sum posts! And i've been here for a three quaters of a year now, or just about, making posts just like these, with some kind of idea or opinion behind them rather than some roleplay. Quite annoying when you've got the same post as some kid when you've been sitting and putting some real thought into what i'm saying here and using half my brain. No offense to you or anything spook. It's sad we can't do anything about the counts they all ready got from RPing this whole time but hey, at least they won't keep shotting up right. Oh well.

And welcome back to the forums i guess Sephiroth. I've seen your work you have here on the site. I'd be interested to see what one of your "sketches" look like since your work is so high quality. The people that i "hire" of sorts or emplore to do some volunteer work for me, have some rather nice sketches that look as good as my hard worked on stuff at times. *chuckles* I'll stick to writing as i've expressed before and just keep the drawing as a small hobby. I can't help but wonder if you've posted anything new since i've last checked. your on my favorites list i do believe, so i might have to go take a look later.

For now, i have to go and check on my car thread in the unmoderated. Sometimes i think i should find a job where i can surrounded by cars, drive them, design them, what not. Nothing like a dealer though, god no. Those guys always seem a bit weird. *shrugs*

Any how. I should pay more attention to this one. Although we have the quality controls set up, i should remember once in awhile we get some people posting in here yet, and those with good opinions, thoughts and ideas seem to be showing up after all the idiots left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sorceress_Ultimecia
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah Lasher, that was a hell of a long post but I enjoyed it none the less. . . . .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the latest complaint regarding the no sketch rule with quality control

[quote]Ok, chances are you dont even read these any more but I'm the artist 'Sonari RavenWing' and I have a complaint about how you determine if a picture gets approved. You say that you don't aprove pictures done on binder paper but I find that unfair especially when someone works really hard on a picture and then, just becuase its on binder paper you go and refuse it. I drew a picture of Kenshin on binder paper and then colored it on Photoshop but I left the binder paper in the backround for effect. It is obvious that wasn't a two-second doodle but you still refused it becuse of the binder paper backround. I think you should be a little more lenient about things such as this. It makes sence to refuse doodles that took three minutes to draw but to refuse a pic because its done on binder paper even though its obvious someones spent a long time on it it unfair. You probably won't listen to me but I wanted to tell you my complait anyway.[/quote]

I do somewhat agree that high quality works on lined paper could be allowed, but this leaves a very gray area and people will complain "why did you approve that one and reject mine" type of thing.

The main point that makes this worth posting is the "I left the binder paper in the backround for effect"
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]"I left the binder paper in the backround for effect"[/quote]

Oh, really? Laughing That would be interesting to see... oh wait, it was rejected, was it? I guess we can't see 'em all ^_^
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Diathene
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left in for the "I drew it on binder paper" effect? Really, if someones going to go to the trouble of colouring something in PS they could at least go to the effort of editing out the lines, since they KNOW it'll be rejected otherwise. Rolling eyes
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What effect? The "I'm lazy" effect? If you colored it in PHOTOSHOP, it's not going to look hand drawn. So what effect are you going for? It's just going to look like a computer colored picture with blue lines in the background. <_<

I still say no. Yes, there are high quality pieces done on lined paper, but if the artist is THAT good, surely they have the patience to edit out the lines. It really isn't as hard as people make it out to be. -_-

And might I add "I worked really hard!" is no excuse for anything because it's completely relative. Everyone has different skill levels when working really hard. Some people may have to work for awhile before they can get something approved if they're [i]that[/i] new to drawing, but such is life.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]It really isn't as hard as people make it out to be.[/quote]

Ain't that the truth? I put up a thread in Tips/Tutorials to finally say "yes, it's [i]that[/i] easy".
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Kayodic_Weazel
Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep....I cant stand those f**king losers who claim they dont have paper....idiots Grr! Hah the "I did it on binder paper" effect ^_^ suuuuuure....
Kayodic_Weazel
Newb

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Steffie-chan (Stephanie)"] [quote="TenthDivine (Keeper of the Eyes)"] What the hell is L33T or whatever supposed to mean anyway? The mixing of letters and numbers to make words anooys the frickin' hell out of me V_V.

[/quote]
L337 = "leet"
It's just a made-up computer geek language. I don't know where it comes from originally, but I think the popularity of it has come from a webcomic, Megatokyo. It's very funny, very cute. I don't see any problem with using it for fun once in a while, it just gets annoying when that's all you see. The only exception from that is the popular webcomic mentioned before.

And Sephiroth, don't patronize us. I'm sure plenty of us know the difference between "drow" and "draw". <_< [/quote]
Yeh l337 mean "elite" and ph34r mean "fear" but.....that's all i know..
Cool --- --- --- --- dodge the bullets NEO!!! ha (pain in the ass) oh yeh sorry fer double posting.... Sad
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note: double post problem solved. ^_^
KeywielderofHollowBastion
Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never noticed how Lasher and Sefier-sama drew the same o_o;;
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean how we draw the same? *Scratches head in confusion* yeah, that was random and now i'm confused.
layzcarter
I used to work here

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...... i think she is a lil confused when it comes to ur avatar.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: