Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Stolen Pictures
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All stolen picture reports should now be sent to abuse@ctgameinfo.com where the abuse team will deal with it when they have time.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abuse team. Oooooh ahhhh. Reminds me I have one yet to forward you. Shall be sent this afternoon.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha. i just thought of a wicked slogan when i read "abuse team". its so funny, lol, oh man. the slogan so rocks, just picture the slogan at its best. hard to believe i thought of the perfect slogan.
the slogan is kool, that i was instantly hit by the slogan.
Verg
Still very bored

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well? what's the slogan?
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking care of my friend for me. She was worried and wasn't sure how to report a stoling picture. That one girl really had the nerves to accuse her of stealing her own pic, lol. How freakin stupid can these people be? Really? She send me these pictures when we talk, drawn, then penned, then half colored and fully colored to show me how the process goes.

We always do that with the ones for my story, it's cool to watch them move alone and evolve. lol. Any how. The abuse team, lol. Yeah, i bet Fallen and Kate will be good at that one. lol

Go girls!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. i wanna cheer u on, and lead the cheers. hmm, a 'cheerleader' perhaps. hmm, interesting.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in the skirt.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whos skirt? Wink
Tenchigirl15

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:huh: Really?? People really take other peoples artwork?? thats kind of dumb there!!! like thats cheating in art!!!!..... but does wallpapers account also?? just making sure, couse Im a wallpaper artist, and I found alot of scans and screencaps in image websites... but it doesent mean I stole them or anything!!........... I just want to make sure!!! please reply? ^_^ -Just
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything you didn't create yourself is not allowed, including official artwork, screencaps, etc.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, some people are sad/ pathetic/ stupid/ ignorant/ moronic/ illmannered/ rude/ uncaring/ jealous/ and have no self esteem so they just have to steal other's works to make them feel better.

Which is pretty damn stupid if you ask me. I don't whether to pity them, or hate them.

Oi! I just posted some of my artwork finally. TeeHee! Pathetic thing is that they all look like s**t! Cause i had to take them as photo's on my digital camera, the lighting was bad, i was in a hurry, i didn't have them sitting up right so they also look like s**t because of that reason. But still, have a look at them if you wish. Chris better damn well, i did somefor him and his mommy, lol. Snoopy and Heathcliff baby! lol

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tenchigirl15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RO"] Anything you didn't create yourself is not allowed, including official artwork, screencaps, etc. [/quote]
But the backgrounds,layers, effects and the editing I did create myself!!!! does that matter also? -Just
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, if you use any image at all that you did not create entirely yourself, it is not allowed. Otherwise you are using someone else's hard work as part of your creation. Anything that uses official work, screengrabs, etc. should be kept to personal use and not displayed online (yes, that means there are hundreds/thousands of fansites out there breaking copyright laws, but we can only control this site not the actions of others).
Asil
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is something I do not agree with. Of course if art is stolen it shouldn't be allowed but there are many wallpapers, or designs out there on the web for public use. If a person decides to use that design/wallpaper/etc., as long as it is a minor part of the artwork, I think it should be allowed, as long as the person gives credit and states that that part of the artwork is not theirs.... I mean, artists use screentones (some of which are very complicated) that they don't create- that doesn't make their artwork either stolen or illegal or w/e.
Totoro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is new. No more sending to the webmaster. That's better. I'll defenitly (sp?)send if I find a stolen pick.
Tenchigirl15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Miko"] That is something I do not agree with. Of course if art is stolen it shouldn't be allowed but there are many wallpapers, or designs out there on the web for public use. If a person decides to use that design/wallpaper/etc., as long as it is a minor part of the artwork, I think it should be allowed, as long as the person gives credit and states that that part of the artwork is not theirs.... I mean, artists use screentones (some of which are very complicated) that they don't create- that doesn't make their artwork either stolen or illegal or w/e. [/quote]
Yea I think it should!!! couse your doing art around that "original" image from an art studio (not somebody who did hard work on it, thats way they put it in artbooks!!!!!) and you are allowed to make a wallpaper and show it off on the net!!! couse I'v seen alot of sites who submits wallpapers!!!.... and also you said (((there are hundreds/thousands of fansites out there breaking copyright laws, but we can only control this site not the actions of others))) we're not breaking the law, we know the shows are copyrighted, thats what the "original scans" are used for, SHOW OFF!!!! and its like all artwork and wallpapers! there all copyrighted!! and also now all studios are making there own wallpapers to show off, and making scans for other people make wallpapers and sites with!!!!!

but at least I dont want to be harsh with you guys, I just want to know the whole truth!!! couse I see other people thats adding their wallpapers on this site!! and I dont wana be in "the wall of shame." and theres no rules in here!! couse theres alot of people that see's my artwork in other sites, and they love my artwork and wallpapers!!! and I dont want to fail them!! but I think the webmaster should create to "add or not to add list" couse its confusing!!! Sad -Just
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See this thread for further discussion regarding what is allowed.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using work you did not create, you and everyone else ARE breaking copyright laws as well as the company's trademark of the character. Fact is, this site is not a service for people to find backgrounds on. Deviantart.com also does not allow any work to contain any official work because it IS against the law, even backgrounds and desktops. This is not even a matter of whether or not what you do is art. It is illegal.

Stolen doesn't just mean not giving credit. Using it at all is stealing the image because it's not yours. And whether it's from a stock site or not, this site should be kept to what is created solely by the artist (if for no other reason than to keep it out of trouble).

And Denis, there's at least one user who continues to upload stolen work after being deleted. Catch me online n' I'll give you the sn...or email it to you...or something.
Tenchigirl15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="webmaster"]See this thread for further discussion regarding what is allowed.[/quote]
So adding my Wallpapers is deafenly allowed right? just really making sure Wink -Just
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: