Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Welcome to Fanart Central 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touzoku-joou
Oldbie

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except... I think the GAFF forums use this type of board, but they have fast reply. Hmmm...

edit: No, nevermind, they have IPB. Damn.
Xiakeyra
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I praise the hard work of those who have improved this site so much. It must have been really hard and surely difficult. There should be no need of complaints. I honestly think that Fanart Central is now better than before. Very Happy

Sorry about my bad English Sad
Shiloh
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are probably going to miss the other FAC, but heck, now everybody has to get used to this one. No matter what we say or do, its probably just gonna stay this way for a while. Confused
[url=http://Keeya.dragonadopters.com/dragon_21087][img]http://www.Keeya.dragonadopters.com/dragonimage_21087_22891_pixel.gif[/img][/url][url=http://dragcave.net/view/qy3s][img]http://dragcave.net/image/qy3s.gif[/img][/url]
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mevv
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the new color. It's much better then white. The smilies look nice too. (miss the head bashing one though) 8)
UltimaMewtwo
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like how the site looks, it looks friggin awesome. Maybe now I'll start submitting my art here again, I was always posting more of my art at dA. I skimmed through the new feature that Denis listed, did he say there's any limit to pic submissions still?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PhunkYMunkY
Site Helper

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denis has never designated an allotted account size per user...

So yeah, keep on submitting.. but try to keep it to like 3 a day for the sake of the approval team.

Site Helpers have enough to deal with as it is <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MysticBlade
Has No Life

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's okay, I guess. I just need to get used to the new layout. Oh, and I can't see things like avatars... a white box with a red cross in the top right hand corner of it replaces them. Something on the site's end, or my end? Anyways, good luck in getting it all sorted.

Oh, and I am a baby again... I was in teens the last time. What was up with that? Some glitch, maybe? Babys, teens, as in post counts?
Kitzy
Super Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone started from scratch. Oh, and the avatars aren't working yet, so...it's not just your computer.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there's a way to synch a user's post count with their actual # posts....
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll find a way to fix the post counts eventually. But its a low priority, there are more important problems to deal with first.
Rancor125
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the old layout. Why?

1- SOMEONE screwed up the avatar and sig settings. I uploaded an avatar and it said "File must be smaller then 0".

2- CATEGORIES CAN BE OFFLINE. WTF.

3- It is way buggier than it was before

4- WHAT HAPPENED TO SAM, THE FAC GIRL? Im sorry, DG-Sama.

5-Neutral colors my butt! IT'S TOO DARK. I cant see anything.

I want it all back Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
unfocused

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the avatar you choose on the mainsite via your 'edit profile' page will be the one on the forums aswell. though the pixel size is now 64x64, not sure of the byte size yet. when profiles come back online you can edit yours, like everyone else.

i'ma miss sam to, we all will, but just go to DG's gallery if you cannot cope.

nuetral was decided because its best as a background for colors in a picture. i've noticed the difference from the white we had before. my colored drawings look alot better now. although i would have loved a light grey color scheme, what we have now is, in fact, too dark.
TK421
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't really bother me about the new layout = /

The only thing is on the forums, when you are on the Index page and you can't see the names of the topic on top inside Sad
JINTEIthe76thKAISER
Forum Scalleywag

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked ............Wow. I love the new skin! Smile So, eh, this was updated last Thursday? Looks good. I was shocked when I entered the site just now. I figured I'd do some communicating in the forums 'cause I was busy making a Flash movie 3 days ago...then I found the new layout! I'm simply surprised. It's still new to me, but I'll get used to it. Kudos for the boss and all his associates. Oh, and the beta testers, too Very Happy . It's more "professional" looking than fun. And I love it!

Hmmmm...I wonder what the future 2015-something-ish layout will look like?...If there will be a 2015-something-ish layout...

I'ma do some browsing now.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]2- CATEGORIES CAN BE OFFLINE. WTF.[/quote]
That's right, you can't submit to master categories anymore, you [b]must[/b] select a subcategory. This has been part of FAC's AP policy for quite some time, now we just have the tools to actually [b]enforce[/b] the rule.

You can't weasel out of selecting an appropriate category anymore, if you don't take time to find an appropriate subcategory, your submission will not be processed until you do.

Don't like it? Tough, get used to it. The ability to lock categories was long overdue in coming.
Papercut_Dragon
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the site get faster? I keep trying to load the page and I always get the Warning - Page not found due to busy/broken servers. Early early morning (right now) is the only time it actually loaded.
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm working on the speed problems.
Papercut_Dragon
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Thanks!
SilentSoul92
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crud! I leave for two weeks and BAM! The whole layout's been flipped. Nice to see you all again. The new layout's pretty cool. Kinda reminds of DA, but in a more online forum sort of way.
Trinity_Fire
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Stratadrake"][quote]2- CATEGORIES CAN BE OFFLINE. WTF.[/quote]
That's right, you can't submit to master categories anymore, you [b]must[/b] select a subcategory. This has been part of FAC's AP policy for quite some time, now we just have the tools to actually [b]enforce[/b] the rule.

You can't weasel out of selecting an appropriate category anymore, if you don't take time to find an appropriate subcategory, your submission will not be processed until you do.

Don't like it? Tough, get used to it. The ability to lock categories was long overdue in coming.[/quote]

About the categories... did you guys also happen to edit and change them about a lot??? Maybe I haven't looked too closely, but it seems to me that you guys have changed a lot of the categories, and more importantly, deleted a huge amount of them. In many sub-categories, like for the individual games/anime/whatnot, it seems like individual characters no longer have their own sections.
And some entire games/anime/whatnot are completely gone! What happened to guilty gear?? :/

...On the other hand, locking the categories is indeed a much better thing, and should help clean things up some. Smile

But deleting/removing the particular sections??
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: