Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Wii or PS3? Where's the hype?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="anti_sk8r"][quote]Wii has nothing coming out until Super Smash Brothers Brawl, from what I have seen. Admitedly, it did have both Trauma Center 2, and Zelda upon release, but after that, there is nothing on it's coming games list that looks like anything but your typical filler game.[/quote]
Fail. Sonic Secret Rings, SSX Blur, No More Heros (instant win from the makers of Killer 7), Mario Strikers Charged, Fire Emblem, Batallion Wars 2, Super Mario Galaxy, Project HAMMER, Pokemon Battle Revolution Online, Medal of Honor Vanguard, Disaster: Day of Crisis, [b]Resident Evil Umbrella[/b] Chronicles, Super Paper Mario, Dragon Quest Swords, DK Bongo Blast and many, many more all slated for a release this year. And that isn't even to mention SSBB.
Compare that with your Devil Gay Cry (no offense: I love it too =P), MGS4, Assasin's Creed and Halo 3 (<=only real competitor next to FFXIII).
[quote]

Highlighted: All games that I would pay $20 or more for.

[quote]BTW, I love Oblivian almost as much as you but you're bullshitting the industry if you dare say it couldn't have been done on the Wii. It may have even been done BETTER on the Wii taking into consideration all of the first person controls.[/quote]
I mean Wii's systems likely could not handle the game graphic-wise, as well as the sheer size of it.
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
Highlighted: All games that I would pay $20 or more for.
[/quote]
Well, it's a good thing the industry doesn't weigh on [i]your[/i] opinions than. I think most people who actually give two shits about the industry would pay more than $20 for at least half of the games I mentioned.
[quote]
I mean Wii's systems likely could not handle the game graphic-wise, as well as the sheer size of it.[/quote]
Well, duh. 360 power > Wii power. Unless you're one of those people who likes putting the graphics ahead of the gameplay in terms of importance. In which case, screw you.

j/k. But seriously, if the gameplay was good enough on the Wii than I bet people wouldn't give a crap about the graphics. Which brings me to the Wii offering of what Oblivion is to the 360: Dragon Quest Swords. It's the second game in the first-person Dragon Quest RPG series. Slash the Wiimote in a direction and it will attack the monster as if you had just slashed it with a real sword. And unlike Twilight Princess and Red Steel it copies your motions exactly as you have done them.
And man...are those some beautiful graphics...
[URL=http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dragonquestswordsthemas5pl.jpg][img]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1336/dragonquestswordsthemas5pl.th.jpg[/img][/URL]
For more pics and previews of this looker go here: http://wii.ign.com/objects/826/826840.html

NOT CHANGING THIS SIGNATURE UNTIL THE RELEASE OF NINTENDO WII!...wait. Its here? OMG! SWIIT!
StarVoyager
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: 360 RULES! Reply with quote

Neither... I say the 360 beats both of 'em! WAHAHAHAHA!!!
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hardly say 360 beats both of them. To date it has come out with only 2 "Must Have" games that are [b]NOT[/b] First-person shooters (Dead Rising, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion).

So if you dislike FPS games, then there is almost nothing out for the console that is generally well recieved.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to current news, in Japan it seems that the must-have non-FPS game for the 360 is "Blue Dragon".
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uematsu soundtrack<3
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...with Hironobu Sakaguchi (also of FF fame) as the producer and and Akira Toriyama (of DBZ fame) designing the characters. Japan magnet.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]

Last edited by Stratadrake on Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't much care about them.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, but people in Japan sure do. Microsoft has even bundled Blue Dragon with some of the 360's.
Fayore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Yeah. The guy who does Death Note does the manga for that game, too. 8O It's pretty high-profile. Hmm, I wonder how Trusty Bell's doing? Haven't heard about it in a while.

Odds are that any JP RPGs made for it won't get over here, though, since the NA demographic pretty much just consists of the people who like FPS, as Tyler previously mentioned.

ETA: The companies in Japan bundle [i]everything[/i] with consoles. PSP has LocoRoco, GBA had some Carcaptor Sakura game, PS2 had FFVII:DoC, among other games. There are probably tens of games that have been bundled with a console at one point or another.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]ETA: The companies in Japan bundle everything with consoles. PSP has LocoRoco, GBA had some Carcaptor Sakura game, PS2 had FFVII:DoC, among other games. There are probably tens of games that have been bundled with a console at one point or another.[/quote]
Which sorta makes you wonder why the Wii bundle with Wii Sports was only for NA (and Europe?). Did the PS3 get a bundle in Japan? =o

NOT CHANGING THIS SIGNATURE UNTIL THE RELEASE OF NINTENDO WII!...wait. Its here? OMG! SWIIT!
infurno
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii looks cool but I'm a Playstation user. so PS3 if anything.

i really don't want any one of them untill the PS2 games stop being sold.
anti_sk8r
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have fun waiting for the next few years, mon ami.

Hawk4444
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've only got a Wii i couldn't afford the Playstation 3.

I'd really like to have a PS3 someday in the future though. I take good care of my stuff.

Wii outfun's everything. The PS3 is pretty. i can't wait to see when it comes out with really good games. not just shooter and racer games like it has been.

the Wii is experimenting with everything. I'm wondering how smash bro's brawl will be. It'll be hard to do stuff with it. Other then that the Wii is funner then a tub full of tits.
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Wii too. It is awesome and always fun to play. But I still dream of owning an Xbox 360. That looks better than the Wii. It has better graphics too. And more memory! I will never get a PS3 because when I get a Xbox 360, that will be the end of buying anymore. I already have Xbox, PSP, PS2, Gamecube, Gameboy Advance SP, and a Wii.
kennylives64

Location: 3 feet away from when you last asked me, so shut up!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="LouHoo"]i think the entire purpose of playing a video game is to sit on your ass, not swining a remote around, that's just silly. unless you get the normal control pad, but the wii is still not worth getting.[/quote]

They have a normal controller. It looks sort of like a Super NES controller mixed with a Ps2 controller
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not same.
Riyo
Has No Life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Wii is pretty cool.

i think it's kinda awesome how they are trying to make people less obese by giving them a way to get off their fat asses when playing video games.

or people could just play DDR.

that game is tiring.
scanbomb
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. I haven't played it in a long time though.
Nintendude07
Very bored

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Wii and it's awesome! The game play for it is much more fun than a PS3. They're going to be a lot more games for the Wii than the PS3. If u haven't got a Wii yet then maybe wait for when the Wii DVD bundle comes out. I haven't heard if different colored Wiis will come out .

As for the PS3 I'm not getting it. The games I've played on it are interesting, but it just doesn't feel fun. But the PS3 price will drop soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: