Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What mainstream artists do you listen to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: What mainstream artists do you listen to? Reply with quote

If you listen to any. Who are your favorites? And how many gigs of music (total) do you have on your hard drives, ipods, etc? I only have 3gigs.

I ask because I've recently decided to add my playlist along with new art submissions, because upon starting a new drawing, I make a playlist and listen only to those songs while I draw. I couldn't ignore the lack of underground stuff I have on my computer.

Posting this in the forum formerly known as Random because I don't know what the hell lurks in the Other forum. And I'm really only interested in the thoughts of the people I know.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

70 gigs.

What the fuck
London

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have about two gigs, but I don't listen to most of it. Half of it is movie/game/musical soundtracks. As for the rest.. I usually don't have more than a song or two from any particular artist/group. The exceptions are Rush, Skid Row, Smashing Pumpkins, and U2.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have 40 gigs but I lost everything on my computer.

Is Radiohead mainstream?
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 2.51 GB of music on my iTunes, some of which I don't even listen to anymore.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a bit over 8gb of music i have. most of it is anime and rock/metal music.i also have game /movie music and stuff like rap nd dance and other vsrious things..
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: What mainstream artists do you listen to? Reply with quote

[quote="unfocused"]If you listen to any. Who are your favorites? And how many gigs of music (total) do you have on your hard drives, ipods, etc? I only have 3gigs.

I ask because I've recently decided to add my playlist along with new art submissions, because upon starting a new drawing, I make a playlist and listen only to those songs while I draw. I couldn't ignore the lack of underground stuff I have on my computer.

Posting this in the forum formerly known as Random because I don't know what the hell lurks in the Other forum. And I'm really only interested in the thoughts of the people I know.[/quote]

Yes FINALLY! Someone besides myself whom listens to music when drawing x3

Also I think "Other interests" would be a good spot to move this since strata did say that is where he mashed books and music together. (If you want to move it that ish xP)

I myself dont download music, yeah computer aint strong enough to handle it plus I dont want a virus mudering it. I listen mostly to metal or soft rock, and sometimes 80s. Once and awhile I will listen to soundtrack music too.

Here's a song I got stuck in mah head at the moment xP -headbangs-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Q-xDeTVFw
unfocused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love radiohead and ur avatar.

Moved.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

50 gb, The most mainstream I have is Radiohead, Coldplay...
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most artists I listen to is Katy Perry, Aerosmith, Coldplay, Enrique Iglesias, Kid Rock, occasional Rammstein, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a weakness for remixes etc and oldschool laughable music

Anyone remember dis one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8m3zn9Ya_0

(Lmao Ed your sig is headbanging to the beat of the song xD)
RazzberryRock
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainstream....? Nirvana, Smiths, Lady Gaga....Katy Perry, Foo Fighters and Kate Bush.
Yep.....that's about it.
LUAjake
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to a lot of Mainstream, but its definitely not my majority in tastes.

I find it more important to learn Mainstream though, and it aggrevates me when people stereotype people for listening to Mainstream. Its the popular thing, it doesn't mean its bad, and its always good to know as much music as possible, whether its mainstream or not.

I've got about 3.4GB of Music right now on my iPod, although its just an ever growing library obviously. I could add many, many bands I know right now, but I choose to only add songs that are just instant connections for me. When I buy an album and there's songs I don't like on it, I don't listen to them and things like that.

I listen to a wide variety of Rock, Metal, and no Rap. Melodic Metal, Death Metal, Alternative, 90s, pretty much every genre of rock/metal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: