Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What's Your Style?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is started for the topic in Site discussion that got into labels and what clothes people wear. Here's a nice place where it won't be off topic Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kathyhime85
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no specific style. Some days I wear baggy jeans, sometimes tight. Some days I wear black pants and look nice. I wear mostly t-shirts, I hate long sleeve.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could move the off topic ones in here, ya know (so could I, but I'm lazy).
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to, but I was posting a new picture. I haven't had time to post anything, so I figured, eh, what the hell?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhh... hmm that's an interesting question, kate. i never really think about my "style" too much, but other people have commented on it. i make/alter a lot of my own clothes and like to wear stuff that's different, so um i guess my style's original? i also hate big brand names b/c it's too expensive and pointless to "look cool" just because you're advertising some popular store. mostly i just wear what i want. a lot of black and blue colours too because they're my favourites. o and i boycott a lot of stores b/c of sweat shop use and whatnot, so no gap, nike, adidas, abercrombie, etc for me.

um as for music i guess i'd be labeled as a punk/ska/rock/alternative-type kid, but i listen to a lot of different kinds of music. pssh and some people think i'm "emo" but i only like a few emo bands. (it gets annoying after a while, but bands like senses fail and get up kids are good). hehe i love emo hair tho

what's your style, kate? or was that answered in whatever thread this originated in
jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never pay top price just so I could advertise for free. I never understood exactly why having a brand name on the front of a shirt is so cool anyway. All those people are nothing but walking billboards if you ask me. Idea! I'm gonna start a company and print out all these shirts with my company name on them. Then I'll sell them in popular stores and make so much money that... um... FAC won't have to have anymore popups! YEAH!
Borrowed_Wish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

changed my siggy. ^_^ i didn't even know forums had a bio thing...[>.<] i guess you learn something new every day, huh?

"You cannot be a non-conformist, that means you're conforming to not conforming."
how very true. i'm so tired of people telling the world how "original" and "different" they are because they are supposed "non-conformists." there is absolutely nothing new about that, they aren't anything out of the ordinary or starting anything that hasn't been done before.

"You should be yourself and not sum yourself up into one little style."
this is wisely said. i suppose that's really what i was getting at when i was describing that i wear both "preppy" and "goth/punk" stuff.

"And what's up with the faded areas on the butts of girls jeans?"
i know! or the bleached-out butts?? i suppose it's meant to draw attention to your butt. pathetic.

"i boycott a lot of stores b/c of sweat shop use and whatnot, so no gap, nike, adidas, abercrombie, etc for me."
urk, just thinking of sweat shops makes my blood boil. i refuse to wear those brands, too, as well as buy many sports products that are manufactured in sweat shops.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kathyhime85
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meep! Um, if I said I owned 1 amercrombie shirt, does that mean that I support sweat shops b/c i didnt know that until now!
Papercut_Dragon
Would like fries with that

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can be pretty retarded at times, so can someone tell me what a sweat shop is?
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I wear black jeans from "unpopular" stores. They don't fade like that even when you wear them. But if you think about it, the faded ones aren't any different than people paying top dollar for acid washed stuff twenty years ago. You could do that yourself just like you can fade your own jeans. People just like wasting money.

At no point will I ever have "old navy" written on my ass. <_< Anything that has a brandname on it, I won't buy. "But I'm like soooooo totally retro, OMG" What's annoying is "my style" is coming back around, where wearing old band t-shirts is cool (just as Hot Topic now has some, I believe). These kids have never even heard a damn song, but it's cool to wear the shirt. Grr! I don't get it. Why wear it if you don't like it? I ask some kid "Oh, you like AC/DC?" "Huh? No." "Then where'd you get the shirt?" "Hot Topic, ain't it cool?" Riiiiiiight. Ass.

My newest baby:

kathyhime85
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats with that? The only reason why I have the ambercrombie shirt is #1: it has a cute kitty on it
#2: the ambercrombie is really really tiny ^^

I dont wear any band shirts. I used to have backstreet boys (ICK!) but I've never gotten another band shirt

If I did have 1, it would either b a nickelback or a strokes! Love the strokes, love nickelback. I would never wear a AC/DC shirt for the reason why you said people shouldnt wear it. I dont know them!
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised WTF? Wha-...But-...You-...How-...Nev-...Wha-? Impossible.

*goes back to hunting ebay for another*
DG-sama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With closet is filled with so many random pieces of cloths of different styles it's not even funny... I got a few linin peasent shirts, several velvet shirts about a dozen screen print tees (with stuff like strawberry short cake and the pink panther, no name brands I despises them) A random turtle neck with canvas straps on it.. a few off the shoulder shirts (my newest obbsession) and jeans... lots of jeans... my style of the day depends on my mood

God damn you signature WORK!
iamem0tionless

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Fallen. AC/DC <33333 See teh hat? I love my hats. Uh... It all depends on my moods. I have some hip hugger jeans, some regular jeans, LOTS of dress pants, a few dresses, some shorts. You name it, I probably have it. I really like the whole 'vintage' style, but with a little twist to it. I was dressing like that before it was the 'cool' thing, and now lots of kids at my school are doing it. They're finally reverting back to wearing their tight clothes, so YAY! I like to wear pale pink, black, and white. I won't ever wear just a white shirt or just a pink shirt... it usually has to have some black in it. I'm not usually a bright color person. Oooh, and I have lots of clothes with earth tones Razz I have pastels, earth tones, everything. Whenever I'm tired, I just throw on one of my old baggy T-shirts and some of my furry sweat pants (I have them in black and grey Razz) I don't buy overly expensive stuff. I bought my new shoes from Super K. They were only six dollars. It's a waste of money to spend anything more than twenty dollars on a shirt. I love buying clothes when I have the chance :P

I have... abou four to six skirts, three or four dresses, quite a few white blouses, two pairs of dress shoes... The only thing I don't have a lot of is pants. I go through those like crazy. It's hard for me to find anything that fits due to my height and my stupid big butt :/ I'm ranting now so I'll stop Razz.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i don't like saying preppy and s**t like that, but when it comes down to it, i shop at places people would call preppy i guess. But to be truthful, i don't give a damn, if i like it, i'll buy it, and the world can kiss my ass and call me a prep if they want, cause in the end, i'm just little old crazy me and i like it that way.

To some up my style, here's my famous hoodie that i always have with me, even if it's a 100 degrees it and i go out, i bring it with me or have it in the car wtih me just in case, what can i say, i'm attached.

This is my tank i have in my closet in all sorts of colors http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/a...ame=OSCLOTOPTEE

And now for the jeans http://www.ae.com/AE_ProductPage.process?R...g=2437_7803_951

I have two of those gap hoodies, like five of those specific tanks, two pairs of those jeans i showed you and three pairs of another kind from AE. The best outfit. If you get warm, you have the tank under the hoodie which is nice when your outside in the sun, and the jeans aren't to tight, but tight enough, and so damn comfy and not stiff, i hate stiff clothing with a passion! GRRR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Style? What's that? I wear what's comfortable. Tight leather pants, for example, are NOT comfortable no matter how good they may look on some people. (They'd look horrible on me) So I guess when I'm looking for 'style' I'm looking for practicality. T-shirts and shorts for when it's hot, long sleeves and pants for when it's not. And it has to be something I can move in, so yeah they're somewhat baggy, but not to the extent that the slightest downward tug on my pants will make them fall to the ground.

As for music I have an extremely wide variety of tastes. Ranging from Classical and Jazzy stuff all the way to hard core Acid Rock stuff. I like to look at the artist as an individual rather than a part of a genre when choosing what I do and don't listen to. But of course there are exceptions, such as pop music and anything played on mtv. Though I'm sure there are one or two worth listening to, it's best just to avoid the entire genre to save time rather than weeding out tons of crap to find one decent artist.

So yeah..thats me I guess.
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

borrowed wish: err if you were talking about me when you said you're tired of people bragging about how "original" they are, i think you got the wrong impression. i don't think i'm more original than anyone else. i'm quite boring, actually, and not very creative. it's just that some of my friends have commented on it b/c not many other people they know make their own clothes, i guess. i don't consider myself a nonconformist, either. i just do what i want, whether it goes against the grain or not. and if you weren't directing that comment towards me... then i'll stop acting all self-centered and go away now...

papercut dragon: sweatshops are factories, usually located in impoverished areas and countries (altho there are plenty in america too), which exploit their workers. employees are paid very low wages and treated very badly. depending on the company and factory, there can be child labor, abusive guards, disease-causing working conditions, and other horrible situations. most companies use sweatshops b/c it's cheaper (american-made products are getting harder and harder to find- especially clothing). but some companies have extremely bad conditions, such as disney, nike, adidas, gap/old navy/banana republic, and abercrombie/american eagle/hollister.

if you buy clothes from sweatshop stores, it doesnt make you a bad person or anything. if you already own stuff from those companies there's nothing you can do about it now. all we can do is take that information into consideration and think twice next time we go shopping. personally, i still occasionally shop at american eagle b/c it's one of the few places i can find "long" size jeans. ok sorry nobody ever listens to me when i talk about sweatshops anyway ("they're in another country, so who cares" or something of the like). if anyone were honestly interested in it i could give you sites with more info. buuuut most of you probably don't care so never mind...

lol o my word that annoys me so much too fallen! suddenly not only hot topic but also department stores like macy's are selling "vintage" band tee's with the ramones or sex pistols on them, and kids buy them because they feel cool wearing that band name. and i like your "retro" style, fallen. uh totally hip

i love buying clothes too, kate! but it's hard to find stuff i like b/c it either doesnt fit or i don't like it. i'm kinda picky with clothes. and i agree with your money policy thing there. hehe i'm cheap.

erm. sorry for the long post. heh.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So don't wear ones that are overly tight. Leather, my friend, is quite comfortable. No one said you had to wear them so tight you can't take them off for two hours and need the jaws of life. Looks damn good, but loose ones ain't bad, either. Black leather gets you laid, plain n' simple. No one says "Damn, check out those khakis, no matter what the commercials tell you" Razz

And currently played or ever played on mtv? <_< You know how I feel about that, given my new avatar.

jhonenfreak
Elder In Training

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fallenangel (fallen)"] At no point will I ever have "old navy" written on my ass. <_< Anything that has a brandname on it, I won't buy. "But I'm like soooooo totally retro, OMG" What's annoying is "my style" is coming back around, where wearing old band t-shirts is cool (just as Hot Topic now has some, I believe). These kids have never even heard a damn song, but it's cool to wear the shirt. Grr! I don't get it. Why wear it if you don't like it? I ask some kid "Oh, you like AC/DC?" "Huh? No." "Then where'd you get the shirt?" "Hot Topic, ain't it cool?" Riiiiiiight. Ass. [/quote]
I saw that Gn'R shirt last time I went to Hot Topic. I almost bought it until I finally found the AC/DC shirt in my size. I really love their music. I also have my awesome The Who shirt that I think I'll wear tomorrow. Not many people know who they are, but I love their music and that's all that matters.

Lasher's hoodie reminds me of my old red jacket. I had it from 1st to 8th grade until it got too small to wear. It's still in my closet for sentemental reasons.
ChrisFox
Has No Life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, of course. And leather pants, whether loose or not, would be way too hot for anytime of year here. So they're out, suffice it to say. Either way, they wouldn't look good on me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: