Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Huge Wall Of Shame Update.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog.....gone it.
That irritating o.o;;;
Well, thankfully one of the people I had in mind when I posted that deleted all their pictures on their own. A couple of people had approached her with the "this doesn't look like your other stuff" yesterday and I guess she lost her nerve.

anyway! Thanks for clearing that up for me WTF? even if it's a "tough luck" answer Sad

Good luck with all the abuse letters! n.n;;;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. It's rather annoying to get reports of "I think this person stole this" and the gallery is pretty obviously different styles/quality, but there's no proof that it's not all theirs. <_<

On a better note, though, 52 reports now taken care of. Smile
Raymei
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@.@ Yeah, I got a mass of e-mails assuring me that "so and so" and "this guy" and "delinquent #746" have been taken care of n.n thanks a bunch!!!
PS-looooove how you guys respond to let us know n.n huge relief.

keep up the great work! I love you guys n.n (in a plutonic way of course o.o )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz Yep, a few people should now have several responses in their inbox.

And just because I'm too lazy to make it a separate topic at the moment: Denis, what do you want done about photos? Several established people (that is, people who have been here a long time and definitely don't steal) have personal photos of themselves submitted. I was thinking I'd just create a "personal picture" thread and direct them via a comment to delete the one they'd uploaded and put it in the forum instead.
Mechpencil
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad....I mean yeah there's some great artists here but what is stealing their art and or taking credit going to do for them? If they're asked to do a request or to show off for someone there's no way they could prove it. (I just hope they don't steal my liddle monsters. ;_Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the user has agreed to the new rules they can be banned (blatantly breaking the rules). I'll leave what action you actually take up to you (warn or ban) but be consistent. I care more about ones submitted since the new rules were put up. (I'll make the picture submission date displayed in the picture page)

If they have not agreed, you can just delete the specific photos or other inappropriate stuff that was more borderline under the not very specific old rules (I'll give you more specific delete controls soon)

People can post a self pic in their profile. Some picture thread would be fine for those who want to post multiple pics of that sort.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as i was reading this, like, all these hot girls just walked in. so, in all ive come to the conclusion, that when i read this topic, hot girls will walk through the door.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, if I could delete just the one picture that'd be great. 'Cause a lot of them are people who have been here a long time that have huge galleries and uploaded the personal pictures before there was an express rule about it. Smile
iamem0tionless
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did like ten abuse reports or something. It only took me about an hour and a half : /

Oh yeah, and more deleting options would be GREAT Denis. I already had to go through tons of pictures and ask them to delete photos of themselves.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question for you guys, how often is the wall of shame updated? A rough estimate?

*scratches head and thinks* i kind of feel like drawing, maybe i'll draw something or two for it like i said i would of....two or so months ago...

fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As often as Denis gets around to it. Razz
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, okay then. I wasn't sure if it was something the abuse team in general could do, or just denis and such. thanks.
michaelbunnyexclusivedazzo2004
My First Post!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i'm and artist but i can help you with the answer. ok here is the deal why other people steal art from othere's ok? here art some reasons i can help you first off why do othere people stealing othere people's art ok there art a lot of that going around there's a guy hels a smart @$$ he's been hunting me like a dog his name is joe randel is not a nice guy and he stole my idea from lola bunny the matrix one and i have all the proof i took a copy if you like to see it you may? Grr! Grr!

[img]http://us.vclart.net/vcl/Artists/Joe-Randel/kenukymatrix.jpg[/img]

and i'm not very happy and i'm not going to take this crap any more i'm fileing a law suit on him giveing him a good kick right in the balls! show him he is now going to get away with this! this means war!
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF?

Um, okay.

Just so you know, it's not the best idea to put that kind of information i the forums or anywhere really until the abuse team has been able to handle it. Because otherwise, this "guy" could come in here, see this, and alter a few things, do a little cleaning up and make it look all not so bad and then they can't do anything.

As for filing a lawsuit....well, i work for a lawyer and, that just sounds....kind of weird really. But um, yeah, whatever makes you happy.

In all, just e-mail the abuse team this information before advertising it in her for everyone and anyone to see, possibily including this guy.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*smirk* Legal bills are fun, yes? Especially when you won't win.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they are.....

no offense, but you wouldn't win something like that.....it's to minor.....

anjd it's a waste of the courts time, and your money really...just report such things to the abuse team please and they will be handled there, as they should be T_T
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless he's making a huge amount of profit off your EXACT picture (and furthermore, you can PROVE it's yours) the case won't even make it to a court room.
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sum1 doesnt know how to use punctuation. *giggles* i wont say who. tehehehehehe.
Lasher
I used to work here

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Powtaz, we all noticed, we just kept our mouths shut.....

Thank god for you though, because i wanted to say it, i just couldn't.....cause i'm a nice person? lol. yeahhhhh......
Powtaz
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but, im a nice person 2.

i just say whatever i want, lol.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: