Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Bleach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite MAJOR character
ichigo
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
orihime
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
rukia
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
kisuke
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
uryu
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
chad
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
renji
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Kenpachi
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"] Same deal with Nightwish and Withen temptation. They hide refs of their past songs in their lyrics.[/quote]
That is very different. The bands reference themselves and their fans probably give enough of a fuck about their music to understand and give a shit about the references. But both of those bands suck and so do their fans so it's not really a good example of anything ever.

Shows like Pokemon and Sailor Moon faded away because they weren't really ever that great to begin with. They're popular because children don't know the difference between what's good and what's bad.

What I'm getting out of the rest of your post is that Bleach follows a really generic formula and silly people like you enjoy it.

And this is a goddamn discussion of the anime. He is allowed not to like it.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

circlejerk alert. Do I have to tell strata and the others you are pulling the same crap that you hated when Ed and ami did? Quit defending each other it's silly. Brian can take care of himself he doesnt need you riding him like a rodeo bull.

Bleach is not silly, it is a good show and it is aimed towards older audiences. The only friggin reason they wont let other anime shows on adult swim is because some of them are WAYY too violent or there is too much censoring to do. And they are friggin lazy and put crap shows like Moribito on instead. (Epic fail despite who the show came from)

They should put Tokko on adult swim, that is a pretty good show plus it has a good backround myth to it. (Look it up you'll know what i mean)
I like a good show that keeps going and hooks you right when you want to turn away. That is bleach in my opinion. Also Nightwish and Withen temptation are damn good bands, much better than hannah montanna jonas brothers and the retarded rappers.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never watched the anime, so I'm talking about the manga. Adult Swim time slot configuration only applies to those people who choose to watch it at that time at that station in that country, don't bring that up, it doesn't apply to most of the people here.

Just the fact that you are even comparing our posts to Ed's just show that you have no idea what was wrong in Ed's posts in the first place.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]circlejerk alert. Do I have to tell strata and the others you are pulling the same crap that you hated when Ed and ami did? [/quote]
I do not think you understand as much as you think you do.
[quote]Bleach is not silly, it is a good show and it is aimed towards older audiences.[/quote]
I called YOU silly.

[quote]I like a good show that keeps going and hooks you right when you want to turn away. That is bleach in my opinion.[/quote]
There are animes that not only do that, but do a much better job of it.

[quote]Also Nightwish and Withen temptation[/quote]
Hahaha you can't even spell the name right

[quote]are damn good bands, much better than hannah montanna jonas brothers and the retarded rappers.[/quote]

This is totally relevant.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circle jerking dead ahead.

Quit acting like you all know EVERYTHING And benk, you are flaming me so shut your mouth or I will alert the admins to your behaviour.

I like bleach, it has a good plot, sure its taking it's time but come on maybe the creators dont WANT to add every lil thing they added into the anime into the manga (Such as extra characters, extra stories etc)

Please knock off your behaviour and being all "Take our opinion or we will cast you aside!" EVERYONE has their own opinion so quit fucking beating me the fuck down because I like bleach, Nightwish, And Withen Temptation (FYI that's how it's spelled, quit being a grammer nazi that is strata's job)

Get out of this thread if you hate bleach and let others talk. Just because Ed and ami and Aren are gone doesnt mean YOU can take over duckies.

It is comments like that, that are chasing off the new-comers so grow up, grow a sense of humor. And get off your high horses. Keep it up and I will alert strata and the others.

Im leaving til someone BESIDES these two circle jerkers start talking.
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you heard me use the word circlejerk, didn't know what it meant, and decided to use it regularly.

Have fun with that.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no I KNOW what it means. These two are supporting each other and if you cant see that it's sad.

MOVING ON AND IGNORING THE NEGATIVE REPLIES (If you dont like bleach just say "I dont like it" not things like "It should die of aids" Rolling Eyes some people hate sarcasem which is why they dont come here cause of this.)

Anyone know what episode they are on in japan? Someone told me the show is still going strong over there with no sign of ending, could it be the anime to beat Inuyasha in the infinite amount of episodes theme?
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Oh no I KNOW what it means. These two are supporting each other and if you cant see that it's sad.
[/quote]

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]ANYTIME MORE THAN ONE PERSON IS DISAGREEING WITH ME, THEY ARE IN CAHOOTS[/quote]

If you honestly believe that, t's sad~
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herc SHUT UP AND QUIT THROWING IT OFF TOPIC AND ANSWER THE OTHER QUESTIONS! Do you REALLY want another thread locked just to prove a point? Jebus christ.

Anyone know what episode they are on in japan? Someone told me the show is still going strong over there with no sign of ending, could it be the anime to beat Inuyasha in the infinite amount of episodes theme?
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we go back to actually talking about what makes bleach a good or poor anime please.

I would agree that bleach is formulaic

but I enjoy the references, its like futurama, you get some diehard fans because they pick up on the references to music or superman or math jokes. the people who get it love it. so yay! I found a legitmate reason for liking bleach, the... references to other things.

[quote]English motherfucker, do you exploit it?[/quote]

What? (lol)
HerculesRockefeller

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Herc SHUT UP AND QUIT THROWING IT OFF TOPIC AND ANSWER THE OTHER QUESTIONS! Do you REALLY want another thread locked just to prove a point? [/quote]

If getting one thread locked would actually do anything, I would do it in an instant.
[quote]I found a legitmate reason for liking bleach, the... references to other things.[/quote]

What the hell are you on about? Bleach isn't about referencing things, that isn't the point of the show. Futurama on the other hand IS about that.

And for the record, Bleach was an awesome idea when it was ghostbusters with swords. But then it turned into DBZ with swords and KAWAII BISHIES AM I KAWAII UGUU~

Fuck that noise.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU Huey

And I agree I like this too, but the story plot is usually what hooks me along with the humor. Plus who can forget the pig tailed girl biatchslapping ichigo in the face with her sandel and Love's admiration for shunun jump xD
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to note that the best way to remain on-topic is to IGNORE off-topic comments altogether. If we have several people posting "Stay on topic!" type replies, that's dragging it off-topic in and of itself.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]ANYTIME MORE THAN ONE PERSON IS DISAGREEING WITH ME, THEY ARE IN CAHOOTS[/quote]

Wow. Could any other statement be more narcisistic than this?
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]Brianhjh
PostPosted: 15 Oct 2009 19:28 Post subject:
Quote:
ANYTIME MORE THAN ONE PERSON IS DISAGREEING WITH ME, THEY ARE IN CAHOOTS

Wow. Could any other statement be more narcisistic than this?[/quote]

How about "Nobody matters but me"

the anime is not about referencing things, the manga though, is all about tite kubo trying to wax poetic on fighting monsters so and still, it's not all about the references, I mean theres a reference to coldplay that i bet nobody knows about. well actually thats a stupid example. the comparisons to superman then, when ichigo's talking about having the strength to protect, the chapter cover has him dressed up like Clark Kent, and you wouldn't get that in the anime.
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one stupid superman reference is all it needed to save a series, than Seinfeld will be the best series ever, because there's a superman reference in every episode.

I'm talking about those clever ones that they use to mock other mangas or pay homage to great mangas to the past. Or even a personal in-joke referring to the artists' previous works. I've actually read up to the beginning of the Vaizaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaado arc three times. There are much better series out there.

Even Naruto is better than Bleach, marginally.

I've changed my opinion on One Piece, the artwork put me off before, but it's consistent and the story has clear goals instead of Bleach's usual flabbergast plotline that's so unoriginal, it copies its previous storyline because it has no ideas how to continue.
PuraTori
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Bleach Reply with quote

[quote="ryuuzaki-clone"][b]so who likes bleach?[/b][/quote]

I was a frequent anime watcher of Bleach (I liked it) until I got bored of its never-ending-ness and knew it was taking up too much of my time and internet.
Fill-ins were annoying as they usually are in every other anime.
I found it originally appealing because of the comedy but then it became too serious for me or I just became lazy as I like to get into stories when I know there is an ending. When Bleach ends and if its any worth reading I'll continue.

So to answer the question properly I can't say I like it nor can I say I hate it but I don't find it worthy to watch or read (anymore/until there is an ending). That's me; indecisive.

Well from what I've seen up 'til episode 100 (Ichigo is in the arrancaru (sp?) place, I made up my mind that Ishida was my favourite out of the list above.

[u]In my opinion: [/u]As any mangaka, Kubo Tite is trying to get many people to like their manga by using a range of themes/aspects to appeal to a large audience; both genders etc.
It works as Bleach is popular yet because of the many aspects/things the mangaka has included not everyone will like everything that has been put into it.
[u]An example (not the best one):[/u] I dont really like Orihime because of her personality but others may like it or may like her because of her womanly figure. However I may have some weird urge to continue watching/reading bleach because I like Ishida or something.

I could just be scraping the skin of the topic but this is what I think.

Happy posting.
London

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"]I've changed my opinion on One Piece, the artwork put me off before, but it's consistent and the story has clear goals instead of Bleach's usual flabbergast plotline that's so unoriginal, it copies its previous storyline because it has no ideas how to continue.[/quote]
It took me a long time to like the way Oda draws people, but he's always had ridiculously nice backgrounds. One distinction between the Bleach manga and the One Piece manga is that Bleach pin up pages tend to have a character or two standing around with no background and fancily written attempts at English or Spanish words pasted all over it, while One Piece pin up pages tend to have at least a majority of the main crew doing something ridiculous like playing instruments on top of giant animals with a neat, detailed background behind it.

Same is mostly true for the actual comic pages (at least from what I remember, I'm about three years behind on Bleach and a year behind on everything else..). I can't remember a single incident where I was seriously impressed by Kubo's art.

I haven't seen much of the Bleach anime. I think the animation quality was alright when it wasn't in filler, but I seem to recall some god awful background music.
ryuuzaki-clone
Very bored

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[b]the music isnt the best but i still think that it has better scenes drawn than most these days--ishida isnt my favorite, hes just too...serious all the time and when he tries to be funny it doesnt really work for me[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: