Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Making my own anime
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Making my own anime Reply with quote

so /a/ i'm gonna maek mah own animu. is this win or am i just a sad weeaboo?
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this going to be a one-man team?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how much determination and talent you have.

Have you worked with animation before?

Wait, are you REALLY thinking about making your own anime or is my leg being pulled here? ;U
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a story the two main characters and absolutely no artistic skill whatsoever. until I can get a job to pay for hire employees and shit Its al pretty much gonna be on paper
London

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what awesome job are you getting that will provide you with enough income to support yourself and hire a whole bunch of people to animate, direct, script, voice, write music, etc, etc, to make your anime? By the time you make enough money to do that (if that happens at all), you'll have lost interest in the idea entirely.

Learn to draw and make some short flash movies. That's about as close as you'll ever get.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever heard of low budget? have you ever heard of do some of the shit myself? i can do the script and do the voice for the male lead, and I can also direct the project. as for music I'm friends with several people in bands and such who would be more then willing to do me a favor and record some bgm's and an opening/ending theme for me. I have friends who can voice act for me, and I'm sure I can find an animator to work for me at a fair price.Don't just assume shit you uneducated moron. it makes you look like a complete ignorant douche.

inb4 b& for not taking shit from a mod.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="luckylace222"]It depends on how much determination and talent you have.

Have you worked with animation before?

Wait, are you REALLY thinking about making your own anime or is my leg being pulled here? ;U[/quote]I'm completely serious. It's not like I just expect it to happen. these things take time money and hard work.
London

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a difference between running around in the woods at night with a handheld camera, and finding people willing to put an enormous amount of time and effort into drawing tons of pictures for some guy whose talents include talking into a mic and banging away at a keyboard. I think you're underestimating the amount of work that goes into making an anime and unless you've got the most amazing ideas in the world, you can pretty much expect zero return on your investment.

I am trying to be realistic. You are the one calling me names, flinging obscenities, and bringing up that silly word under my username for no reason.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, your being a cock. Unless you have a time traveling car you cannot tell me what the future will hold.

[quote]There's a difference between running around in the woods at night with a handheld camera [/quote]what the fuck does that even have to do with anything? stop being a fag
luckylace222
Site Helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I'm completely serious. It's not like I just expect it to happen. these things take time money and hard work.[/quote]
Well if that's the case, then you should work first on paper! ;] Write down the dialogue and storyline and define your ideas. A good animation always start with a planned "written" version.

Don't worry, it takes a lot to work with an animation, but if you have the time, determination, & support, you can get a good headstart. Start on your connections to anime companies and ask some professionals there of what they expect out of a good anime. You'll have to find plenty of people to edit and approve your work too.
ThomYorke
I dream of mod position

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SolarisAugmentium"]No, your being a cock. Unless you have a time traveling car you cannot tell me what the future will hold.[/quote]

You asked if it was a good idea and she said no.

Jesus fucking Christ you're insane.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]You asked if it was a good idea and she said no. [/quote] There was no talk of the idea itself nor was there even any questions about it. She just thought it would be funny to act as an authority on something she probably has no further knowledge or experience of then i do.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not taking sides or anything but I see NOTHING insulting in London's posts. She is just trying to help out with some advice. o.o

Also I agree with Luckylace; it is always a good idea to have a plan and script written out before leaping into making the finished project. I mean hell I have a fanfic in the works and I wrote down what will happen etc before I start to type out the story n_n
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]Not taking sides or anything but I see NOTHING insulting in London's posts. She is just trying to help out with some advice. o.o

Also I agree with Luckylace; it is always a good idea to have a plan and script written out before leaping into making the finished project. I mean hell I have a fanfic in the works and I wrote down what will happen etc before I start to type out the story n_n[/quote]yes i have a bunch of shit in a notepad i need to sort it out tho.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SolarisAugmentium"]...these things take time money and hard work.[/quote]
Independent work could and does happen, but for the most part expect YOU to be the only one putting in any time, money, or hard work into your dream project.

Don't necessarily aim for a high-standard like a half-hour American cartoon. That'll take so much manpower you'd never get there without help (and seriously, you won't [b]get[/b] any help without a reputation first, which itself requires time, money, and hard work) .

Aim high -- but start with the stuff you can actually hit.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
cstdenis
Evil Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to do.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoshi_no_koe]Hoshi no koe[/url] was done by one person (plus his fiancée for one character's voice and a friend did the music)
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SolarisAugmentium"]No, your being a cock. Unless you have a time traveling car you cannot tell me what the future will hold.

[quote]There's a difference between running around in the woods at night with a handheld camera [/quote]what the $&#* does that even have to do with anything? stop being a $!%[/quote]

What was that? I think I hear the sound of a muffled crying.
SolarisAugmentium
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, strata. you see this? ^^^^ obvious troll

[quote]you won't get any help without a reputation[/quote] Well I'm sure it helps to have good friends in high places
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also the creator of Naruto got his big break when he won the shonun jump writer contest and got to work with them so why not take a crack at trying something like that. :3
xEdwardx
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can start with like a 5 minute animation in Flash and see if you can go from there. It's really time consuming but worth a shot.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: