Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
Which is better? FMA or FMA Brotherhood?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Can Brotherhood stand up to the original anime?
Nah
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Maybe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Stand up to it? It STOMPS it!
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
I cant decide which is better. I like them both.
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Which is better? FMA or FMA Brotherhood? Reply with quote

Well, do you all think the new FMA anime; Brotherhood can stand up to the original anime? I think in my opinion that it has promise. Sure Aaron Dismuke may not be Al anymore and Al now sounds like a chick, but that's not too big a problem. Plus the opening is rather catchy, and I liked that they introduced most of the characters right away in the first episode. (Roy, Hughes, Armstrong, Hawkeye, King Bradly, Lust, Gluttony, etc)

Sooo let's hear what you all think. x3
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like FMA because the main character is an atheist.
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like FMA cause it doesnt drag on forever and ever and ever like Pokemon. :3

Now can we have some [b]positive remarks[/b] people?

Further insults will be [b]ignored and skipped over [/b]for comments of those who CARE about the anime and manga. ^^
Crustaceon
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remakes fail most of the time. look at the new pokemon games
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but not all the time, keep this in mind. xP
Plus it's based on the manga version, so it could have a chance at drawing in a new crowd that preffered the manga over the anime.
London

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]I like FMA cause it doesnt drag on forever and ever and ever like Pokemon. :3

Now can we have some [b]positive remarks[/b] people?

Further insults will be [b]ignored and skipped over [/b]for comments of those who CARE about the anime and manga. ^^[/quote]
Also, as an atheist I am terribly offended that you're insinuating that there's something negative about being atheist. Further insults will be [b]ignored and skipped over[/b]。
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep aware that people [i]can[/i] disagree while remaining on-topic, used carefully that can make the topics more interesting.

The fact that Ed didn't ascribe to religion or believe in a God wasn't a central theme of the anime. And let's face it, FMA was certainly not a "God vs. science" series.

On a different note, I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure how well this correlates but take the Ishbalans, sometimes they get compared to the Jewish tribes. But evaluate the part where they mentioned the "Grand Arcanum" to Ed in the anime. Ishbalan society outlawed it a long time ago because they considered it a power that should be reserved for God's usage alone. And what was it? In more scientific terms, none other than Alchemy.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the idea of parallel worlds in the original anime. The anime was entirely different and better for it. this new series and by extension the manga itself, does not measure up to anime. The themes of government and even "equivalent exchange", are replaced by... i don't know what. It (the manga) never really held my interests like the anime.
CiaphasCain
Has No Life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Crustaceon"]Remakes fail most of the time. look at the new pokemon games[/quote]

Yeah, selling 10 million copies is pathetic.
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="hueyfreeman"]The anime was entirely different and better for it.[/quote]
It is true that the anime diverged from the manga source material. Started around Season 3 because the anime was proceeding much faster than the manga. So rather than crank out seasons of filler episodes (à la Dragonball, Naruto, or Bleach), the author and production staff discussed matters on how the anime should proceed and what to do with it.
Strata here: [url=http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/242293]Nanowrimo[/url] - [url=www.fanart-central.net/user-Stratadrake.php]FAC[/url] - [url=http://stratadrake.deviantart.com]dA[/url] - [url=www.furaffinity.net/user/Stratadrake/]FA[/url]
[size=9]Disclaimer: Posts may contain URLs. Click [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TVTropesWillRuinYourLife]at your own risk.[/url][/size]
SweetxinsanityxSarah
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, it is true that I never READ the manga, (Due to the library being too lazy to subscribe to ordering it, and two of the best book stores in the mall closing down. And walmart only selling Naruto and vampire knight mangas) I still think it would be rather interesting to check out. But for the time being; I am torn between both shows at the moment.

Let's just hope they wont drag on the anime. 52 episodes is enough and 52 episodes is how it should stay. xP

Whaaaa? They changed the Equivlent exchange theory!? That's a downside for brotherhood right there in my book. Dx
Stratadrake
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SweetxinsanityxSarah"]They changed the Equivlent exchange theory!?[/quote]
That's not what he said. Operative word was "theme", as in its presence and significance to the overall series; as opposed to its actual definition (theory). The anime repeated it countless times, for every benefit some kind of sacrifice must be made (even though in the end, there are certain exceptions). EE was a central theme to the anime even down to the final episode where Al sacrificed his body to revive Ed, then Ed sacrificed himself to get Al back.
hueyfreeman
Still very bored

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that Ed is an atheist, being a man of science he would probably be agnostic (whatever the hell the distinction is)

You know what I dislike most about the manga? Xing and it's complete lack of relevance to the story. after watching the original anime and the clear relationship between Amestris and Ishbal, Xing seems rather superfluous. Not to mention the cryptic descriptions of the countries alchemy ("There's something... about this countries Alchemy!") something was definitely lost in translation to English
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Anime & Manga All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: