Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
What Cd's Have You Recently Bought?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm i was just wondering what cd's everyone's buying- what's new, what's hip. gotta keep up w/ the youngsters, y'know?

so yea umm sadly, i received no cd's this xmas ( Sad ) but i did get lots of money so i bought a few this weekend:

Save Ferris- [i]Modified[/i] (well, this was a gift, actually- from my secret santa)
Nirvana- [i]Bleach[/i]
Veruca Salt- [i]Eight Arms to Hold You[/i]
Less Than Jake- [i]Borders and Boundaries[/i]
NOFX- [i]War on Errorism[/i]
Interceptors- [i]What? We Have a CD?! [/i](they're a local ska band- i went to a local band show thingie the other nite)

hmm i have some gift cards left so i'm planning on buying Harvey Danger's new album (i havent been able to find it anywhere!), Bouncing Souls' [i]Anchor's Aweigh[/i], or the new blink-182 next time.

so... anyone else get any new cd's lately?
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eesh, gonna make me try and remember? Ok, I haven't bought a huge amount lately, so this is going back to...May. May 20th. Yeah, I can remember CD release dates, blow me. Actually, I'll just do all of 2003 that I can remember.

Poison - "Hollyweird" First studio album with C.C. back, yay. It's good. No Open Up and Say...Ahh, but it's still good and much more like the first three albums.

Bret Michaels - "Songs of Life" on May 20th. Waited a long time for this one, and it was worth it. Great songs.

David Lee Roth - "Diamond Dave" on July 8th. It's a CD of covers, as well as a different version of "Ice Cream Man" and one original song. Really nice, bluesy album, and Dave's voice is hot as ever. Reminds me of somethin' you'd see him singing in a smoke filled bar.

Billy Idol - Greatest Hits. I'm a sucker for Greatest Hits collections. Do I have all the songs anyway? Yeah, but they're all on one CD. I have resisted getting the Motley box set, though, where the only new thing is the fact it comes in a box Razz And the booklet's cool. I like pictures.

Poison - "Crack a Smile...and more". I put off getting this one for a long time because it's the second of the two albums without C.C. in the band, and it's nearly impossible to find in stores. But it is nice with some really funny songs, and the bonus stuff is cool (their songs from MTV's Unplugged as well as some tracks that were originally cut). Still not the same as C.C. Poison, though.

Motley Crue - "Theatre of Pain". The last Motley CD I didn't have. Well, of the ones I like. Not a Corabi fan, nor their newer stuff.

Faster Pussycat - Greatest Hits. I love Faster Pussycat. Who can not like the creators of a song like "where there's a whip, there's a way" or with lyrics like "I've got a psychopathic love that fits like a glove, my baby bucks like a bronco when I start to shove, get your get your get your feet up to your ears, then take me home, take me to Rome, and watch me disappear!" Taime Downe hasn't seen the sun since 1987. And yet I'd still do him.

I think that's it. I may be forgetting a couple, but who really cares. I've been buying more DVDs lately.

CDs I bought as gifts:

Guns n' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
AC/DC - Back in Black
Motley Crue - Girls, Girls, Girls
Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell

I only buy CDs for friends with similar taste. Ain't no way I'm subjecting anyone to Madonna. <_<

DG-sama

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... wow... I haven't bought a new CD in a long time... Unless you count the random J-pop/J-rock CDs my friend burns for me... uh think think. Oh yeah! I got the new Bare Naked Ladies CD that came out a couple of months ago, can't remember the title tho.

God damn you signature WORK!
TenthDivine
Canhas uzertitle nao?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not afraid to admit that the most recent cd's I've bought were...classical. Mozart and Joseph Hadyn. *sighs*

And to confess as to why...ever since I heard Katayoku no Tenshi (One-Winged Angel), I've been into classical. So there, I said it! *stomps away* <_<
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha um don't worry classical music is cool. you should never be ashamed of what music you like- if someone else doesn't like it, well then screw them (hmm perhaps i should practice what i preach and stop making fun of people with bad taste in music....)

oo cool, dg-sama! how is the new barenaked ladies cd? i have [i]Maroon[/i] and i love it, and i do like the single "Another Postcard." o and what are j-pop and j-rock?

haha wow that is a lot of cds, fallen! yea i hate buying cd's for people with different taste in music b/c i feel all weird since i don't know what i'm buying. i bought matchbox 20 and john mayer for my friend's birthday last month. hehehe that guy is fugly.
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"haha um don't worry classical music is cool. you should never be ashamed of what music you like"

Unless you like Disco.

"if someone else doesn't like it, well then screw them "

And then kill them. Unless you like disco; then they can kill you.

"hmm perhaps i should practice what i preach and stop making fun of people with bad taste in music...."

No! Never! We must rid the world of disco... (been watching 100 greatest 1 hit wonders...so much disco...ahhhhh)

Aaanyway, I forgot that I bought my brother stuff for Christmas.

AC/DC - Highway to Hell
AC/DC - If You Want Blood
AC/DC - For Those About to Rock
Black Sabbath - Paranoid

*sigh* I'm thrilled he's finally admitting AC/DC and the like are great, but if he doesn't stop acting like he's just discovered some awesome underground band no one else has ever heard...I shall kill him.
lucien_aristis
Very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD's ive brought recently. Well... hmmn. hmmn. HMMMN. I can't say Im much of a shopper.... the last one was in mid October to my knowledge. Its was A Perfect Circles 2nd Album. Thirteenth Step. Ahhhhhhhhhh I love the CD.

TenthDivine, are you talking about the One-Winged Angel song from FF7? I LOVE that song. **nods** I love all of the Final Fantasy songs. Mainly because they have the classical music element. I also like the Liberi Fatali (FF8 starting theme) and The Landing (also from FF8). I really like Nobuo Uematsu's work. Definately my favourite modern composer... I liked Suteki da ne from FFX because I prefer Japanese folk music to Jpop or Jrock. My pop works at the Theatre, so I've been brought up on Classical as well as broadway... I'm such a nerd. When I got back from a NYE party there was some concert on TV real early in the morning and it was playing music from CATS and The Phantom of the Opera. Ahhh... I love the songs they played aswell... I wish they would have played something from Les Miserables. Well Cheers,
-Lucien
DG-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BNL CD is nifty. ^^ Another Postcard is such an amusing song. Oh yeah J-pop and J-rock are japanese music. Though the bands that play them seem to have a ver unique fashion sense.

God damn you signature WORK!
Boss_Man7089
Still very bored

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last cd i bought was The Prodigy Experience and Expanded. But for some bizarre reason noone likes the prodigy
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha you make a good point, fallen. down with disco!!!

hey lucien, likeing broadway and classical music isn't nerdy! uhhh... it's cool. hmm i don't know too much classical music, but i love broadway. yes, the music from cats and phantom of the opera is amazing!! i've seen phantom (hehe i even got a cool shirt) but i've only seen the movie of cats (like 25 times- how sad). i love andrew loyd webber! unfortunately, i've never seen les miserables, either. i really wanted too, but the oppurtunity's past and i'll have to wait until it has a revival or something.

hmm perhaps i shall buy the new BNL cd... thanks dg-sama!

umm i don't think i know the prodigy experience, bossman. I know the band called prodigy- is it the same thing?

fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razz I have the Cats soundtrack and the sheetmusic book. Fun audition songs. Too bad I'm a chick and the Rum Tum Tugger song sounds stupid on piano.
TenthDivine
Canhas uzertitle nao?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank goodness I am not shunned for my taste in classical. And, fallen, I absolutely LOATHE disco. It's funky like a dead body on a heater...
And for Final Fantasy, I'm trying to collect all the soundtracks as a hobby. Got three so far.

Unfortunately, I've never heard of anything from Cats and I've heard very little from the The Phantom of the Opera and virtually no Les Miserables. BWAA, me so uncultured!!! *sobs* There's no good places to have seen those plays around where I live. Stupid brokedown suburb. Have to travel miles just for a good show or store or food or people or... Sad I'll shut up now...
Boss_Man7089
Still very bored

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh the prodigy! Firestarter, breathe, poison, out of space, voodoo people, Smack my B*tch up

Please tell me somone knows them or im just gonna cry <_<
fallenangel
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Boss_Man7089 (Chris Horsley)"] Ahhhhh the prodigy! Firestarter, breathe, poison, out of space, voodoo people, Smack my B*tch up

Please tell me somone knows them or im just gonna cry <_< [/quote]
I've heard Smack My Bitch Up. Well...seen the video...same thing.

And there's nowhere to see good plays around here, either, unless you want to fork over big bucks to see a fancy play in Portland. I've never seen Les Mis 'cause it's not "appropriate" for any of the schools to do. *cough*psycho-christian community*cough* How bad is it, you ask? So bad there were people writing letters to the paper about Footloose should be cancelled because there's two uses of the word damn in it. *gasp* oh no! And when they did The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe people were bitching about there being a witch. <_< So we get stuck with the same plays year after year after year...

And all the good drama teachers have left, leaving a bitch of an English teacher (and no drama classes at all). Ugh, it's just not pretty. I don't even bother seeing those plays anymore, let alone audition.

I swear to god, my friends and I are going to put on midnight showings of Rocky Horror whether they like it or not. Don't like it, don't come. You're religious, not retarded, so get that through your heads...
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea Firestarter! great song and video

aww sorry you don't have the oppurtunity to see plays, tenthdivine! i live near nyc, and i LOVE plays, so i'm very lucky that i get to see both broadway and off-broadway shows. but you can get the video-version for some plays, like cats and cabaret. (i know its not the same, but at least you can hear the music and stuff)

wow. that's like.... unreal, fallen. i weep for you and your community. goddamn religious crap! no drama classes, bad plays... ewwww that really does suck (i may have no acting/singing talent, but i do stage crew for my skool, so yay i get to be around theatre-thingies all the time). but dude, you and your friends should definitely do Rocky Horror! (hehe Tim Curry is the [b]best[/b]). REBEL!!!

eh religious, retarded... sadly, they often run hand in hand.

*starts singing* i'm just a sweet tranvestite, from transexual, transylvaniaaaaa...
Hanami

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent CD's:
Korn - Take a Look in the Mirror
Anti-Flag - The Terror State
Metallica - Metallica (The Black Album)
Disney - The Lion King Soundtrack (Be Prepared!)
Carl Orff - Carmina Burana
2 Mozart CD's
Talking Heads - Sand in the Vaseline (Greatest Hits 1978-82)

A few others, none too great.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BAMFManiac
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooo hooo talking heads!

ooo hooray my friend lent me a bunch of cd's she got for xmas to copy to my computer (we worked out a system where we each buy particular cds and lend them to each other, since we want a lot of the same cds). i got:

Park- [i]It Won't Snow Where You're Going[/i]
Reel Big Fish- [i]Keep Your Receipt EP[/i]
Starting Line- [i]The Make Yourself at Home EP[/i]
No Motiv- [i]Diagram for Healing[/i]
Catch 22- [i]Dinosaur Sounds[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: