Logo
FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in
The Worst Books Ever!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirTyler48
How can I get a custom title thing?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mein Kampf
By: Roudolf Hitler

(Didn't read it all yet. Pretty good, Just posting it because some people may think it.)
SilverKitsune
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont judge a book to be bad, simply because it was written by hitler.

[edit] adolft hitler

[b]xAmiDarkfieldx wrote:
"Your a bird, I'm a cat of the jungle. Birds can't get pregnant last I checked. They lay eggs."[/b]
2good2bebad
Forum contributor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all romance books
Sephoroth_1st_Fan
Issued A Restraining Order

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Babysitter Club books...

I have about twenty I've never read, and don't plan on it, for christmas one year.

LOTR was too boring, didn't get far before I put that one down.

Shakspear was o.k...something I wouldn't really read on my own but had to several times for school.

...Havn't read too much I didn't want to. Had to read Alas Babylon or someting of that nature for school but I thought it was a great book. All about surviving a nuklear attack in Florida from the Russians.
Alpha_zero
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Christmas Carol...Dickens.

Dear god that man could describe and go off into such tiny details, you'd die of boredom about three times, then he'd continue with the story, by which time, you'd be dead for the eighth time.
Nesuna1115
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dicey's Song, My Brother Sam Is Dead, and Black Beauty.
They sucked.
Nesuna1115
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dicey's Song, My Brother Sam Is Dead, and Black Beauty.
They sucked.
Red_Quatre
Oldbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter books are pretty sucky.
tarlrawksu
Very bored

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SkyBluePink (evil-overlor"] The Ropemaker.
My copy of the ropemaker still has tooth-marks in it from where I BIT it in sheer FRUSTRATION at its over-done, frankly dull melodrama. [/quote]

a girl is told by her Master that it is a bad book so she wont read it at all ever and she thnx u 4 saying it is bad so that wen she reads good she wont b tempted 2 disobay her Master. a girl also doesnt like the book touched by venom cuz Master started reading it and he liked it and then he started reading it 2 this 1 and it got really really bad. Master and this girl like the Gor books and he read them 2 her and let her read them for practicing after the bad venom book to get the bad from his mind and to get it out of a girls mind 2.
Gonzo
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Secret Window, a sad attempt to try and show the world how cool and mysterious it is to be a writer.
The movie was okay...I guess...a scrubby Depp and some Amish guy...fun...
angelica_june20
Very bored

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sea wolf, the pretender, the pearl..... boring f***king books my teachers made me read Evil or Very Mad
Shadowwave

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see. Well broken sky sucked. Third book was fine though. LotR let's say i fell asleep after the first few pages. It's a book in wich you read the first book out of the six (older version is six books) and then stuff it far far away in the highest shelf in your bookshelf (or you bury it in the backyard). Tom saywer is s***ty and hear the rainbow sing suck (probably because I had to read it for school and do 500 question on it *CURSE YOU MS. SMIT!*) One of my LotR fanfics was writen rather poorly (i was grade 5! Kill me why don't you). I do think my new book (not LotR related) is rather good. It's on this site if you want to check:
[url]http://www.fanart-central.net/story-45454.html[/url]
Now we can't forget Groosham Grange or Return to Groosham Grange. Two of the MOST F*CKING IDIOTIC BOOKS IN THE HISTORY OF ALL MANKIND!
Pure rippofs. Thanks for your time Cool
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Potter and the Deathly hollows

The Xanth series

The Artemis Fowl series

The Sunflower, Simon Wiesanthal
ThaKakarot
Oldbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Brianhjh"]Harry Potter and the Deathly hollows
[/quote]

i don't know who's crack you were smoking but how is that one of the worst books you've ever read?
granted it wasn't the best hp book... but still
cause it's not french perhaps? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brianhjh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only read around 30 novels that I can remember the story of, I read mostly non-fiction, and it's kind of hard to pin down the worst reference books of all time.

the thing that agitated me the most about the Deathly Hollows was how Rowling just rushed through 6 other horcruxes in one book unlike what she had done in the 6th book, (and that wasn't even the real horcrux goddamnit). and I hate the fact that so many characters die but it doesn't matter that they do. In the Fourth book, Cedric died, and the author spent a lot of passage trying to remind the reader the grief and guilt Harry must feel, and it mattered that he died. Same thing happens in the fifth, with Sirius, and Sixth with Dumbledore, but in this book, Lupin dies, Tonks dies, Moody dies, Fred dies... lolz. I had to look up wikipedia to see just how many people died. It's not just the volume, it's the author's near-complete literary apathy when it came to character's death, it felt rushed.

Personally, my favorite books of the series was the 2nd and the 6th, which is considered to be weaker volumes by a lot of people, I don't know why.

the Sunflower sucks because it's 60 pages of a Jew whining and 140 pages of people writing a crappy 2-page response about how he should whine harder.
Allester
Very Oldbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To Kill a Mockingbird.

It deepened my hatred of the South.

"Oh! what a tangled web we weave
When first we practice to deceive!" Marmion, Sir Walter Scott.
NoQuestions
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for me, there are a few books I hate.

Eragon, Eldest, and (Presumably) Empire, because it's Star Wars with dragons added. The main character is such a Gary Stu it hurts, also, it's a bit hypocritical. Not sure if it's just the main character, or if it's the book, but while Eragon can lust and whine about Arya all he wants, when Saphira does (almost) the same toward the golden dragon whose name currently eludes me, she should get over it. Though that was just going off a single read of the books from a few years ago so it may not be the most accurate memory. Also, not only is it a rip off of Star Wars, but it's also a rip off of any fantasy before it. Lord of the Rings? The Earth-sea books? Any other fantasy? Yup. They're all there.

Another book that I just don't like would be 20000 Leagues Under the Sea. Though this is more of a matter of taste. And that I was forced to read it in a single night when I was TEN. I can't remember exactly why I didn't like it besides that though, besides that it reminded me more of a catalogue of marine life than a book. I know it's not the author, as less then a week after that I read Around the World in 80 Days and loved it (Yet again reading it in a night. Blerg. That's not fun.). Yeah, I read it for school, which might also factor in to my dislike of it.

Also, I skipped like fifty pages of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Near the beginning. It was describing the city, and I just skipped it because after three pages or so I was beginning to wonder if it would move on. After that skip though it was a fairly enjoyable book, and now I always tell people who start talking about the Disney movie 'Everyone SHOULD have died besides the goat and the guy that took care of it.'
CaptiainIndianaSolo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE ILIAD BY HOMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gotta read it over the summer Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
The Pearl by John Stinebeck. Bleh. I had to read it for language arts class a couple of years ago....never finished it Laughing

[img]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa313/keyblade_oblivion/org_pickle.gif[/img]
Trinity_Fire
Forum Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NoQuestions"]Eragon, Eldest, and (Presumably) Empire, because it's Star Wars with dragons added. The main character is such a Gary Stu it hurts, also, it's a bit hypocritical. Not sure if it's just the main character, or if it's the book, but while Eragon can lust and whine about Arya all he wants, when Saphira does (almost) the same toward the golden dragon whose name currently eludes me, she should get over it. Though that was just going off a single read of the books from a few years ago so it may not be the most accurate memory. Also, not only is it a rip off of Star Wars, but it's also a rip off of any fantasy before it. Lord of the Rings? The Earth-sea books? Any other fantasy? Yup. They're all there.[/quote]

Agreed. Thank god. It's only the most cliche book in the world, that's all.

I have to disagree with you about Jules Verne, though. As a kid, I personally really liked his books. Then again, I didn't have to cram as you did. Wink

Other crappy books? I've got a mound of them. Most of which I refuse to name.
But 'Eyes of the Emperor' and 'Birds of Prey' are some I've had to put down with a grimace. 'Runner' was not worth the award it got.
Most best-sellers, too.
Sorry, but they bore me.

Can't say I think too much of Harry Potter either. Personally, I don't have that big a problem with classics; I just don't really like them, and I don't think they fit the new generation like they did the old. That's all.
[url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user-Trinity_Fire.php][img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/MomentaryEternity/sig3.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.fanart-central.net/user_stories-Trinity_Fire.php][img]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/MomentaryEternity/sig2.jpg[/img][/url]
Samantha913
Elder Than Dirt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aninal farm, Lord of the flies...and soon to be harry potter, I was with it and loved in the begining but now it's just getting boring...COME ON VOLDMORT! KILL HIM ALREADY, The giver didn't really make any since as well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.fanart-central.net Forum Index -> Other interests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: